Made me laugh....Silly girls in the gym.

Options

Replies

• MissMisaki888
    Options
    lmao @ " stupid pink matching outfit" xD
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Relevant drawing I did for FB a while ago:
    66346_1594866187703_1117390662_31675466_8379184_n.jpg
    Super cool drawing!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I wear skimpy clothes and I bet others wish I would wear more( just cause I am a bit chubby) but I honestly could give a crap. I get hot as heck in there and wear short shorts and cut off tees because I sweat so damn much. Lol. But I have noticed at my gym its not so much the girls who are silly its the guys! there is a group that comes in and wears next to nothing shirt that are super tight and to be honest I am not sure if i have ever seen them actually lift. They kinda migrate to different machines and drink their protein shakes and talk then move on to the next machine.

Sometimes I think the gym is a hangout for some people, which gets frustrating when others just want to do their workout and get out instead of dodging people left and right to work on the machines

Buahahaha! I get the chatty Cathy guys too... Hardly an girls grace the doors of the weight rooms I go to... but man the guys are always in my way because they are sitting on the machines like two old gossips... while they are "resting" (if 5 minutes between a set constitutes as "resting") between sets.

No kidding. I like to do my thing and get the heck outta there and get on with my life. But who knows maybe this is just an excuse for these guys to get out of the house for a bit and tell their wives they are "working out"
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    LOL. This reminds me. They other day I was at the gym and I went and got on the stair treadmill. Just so happens that I got on next to this skinny blonde haired chick. After about 30 second on it, she took her hair down, flipped it around, fluffed it, then rolled her shorts up. I thought "Well... alright." Then I heard someone yelling or being loud so I took out my head phones. There was a bunch of guys playing basketball behind us and they were whooping at her or whatever. Didn't bother me much, I just stair treadmilled away. A couple minutes later, she stopped her treadmill, put her hair up and took her shirt off. She started again, about two minutes later she did the whole, rip pony tail out, flip hair around, fluff, and what have you. Then she got off and walked around without her shirt for 10 minutes then left. The stair treadmill thing probably happened in about 7-8 minutes.

What that was about, I don't know. Maybe she needs a better pony tail holder and some actual work out clothes instead of sofie shorts and cotton tshirt...
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I always get the stink eye because I am sweating and they are not! Yesterday a girl was taking pictures of herself walking on the treadmill. I couldn't help but chuckle.

Which she later facebooked with something lame like "burnin' it up at the gym!!!11!!!"
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yes!! There is a chick at my gym who does the exact same thing. Except she's on the treadmil, the same one, every day. Hair done, face on, skimpy outfit. She'll run for a minute, stop, fix her hair and make up, then continue. and ALL the guys always stop and chit chat with her.
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm so busy trying to concentrate on my own breathing and my form and trying to not pass out <---that last one was a total joke, sort of :laugh: , that I don't hardly notice a thing or another person. Unless a person waves at me I rarely see the other people....and if I do notice something "odd" I'm so busy talking myself through my own workout I don't give it much thought...

Exception:

I do tend to notice people doing things that I add to my list of things I'll be able to do soon!
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If I wore make-up to the gym, by the end of my work out I would look like I got shot with Homer Simpsons Make-up gun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2WmZDP3kIY&amp;feature=related
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    I had just got there lol but okay nancy...

I just don't really understand the issue here. She wasn't talking on her cellphone or actually doing anything distracting, so it was really just her pure existence and appearance that bothered you. These threads come up here all the time about girls at the gym who choose to dress a certain way and I just don't get how it affects anyone else's workout. In one thread, we tell people who are self-conscious about going to the gym that they shouldn't worry because no one notices, while another simultaneous thread calls people out for things that don't have any direct effect on them.
    [/quote]

This. I don't think anyone should give a rat's *kitten* damn what others are doing or how they look. Focus on you.
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I need distractions when I am doing cardio. After 30 minutes I get bored and zone out, besides I have a short...

SQUIRRELL!

Freakin hilarious!
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, these people make me laugh, and I laugh and continue to work my *kitten* off to my goals. I'm so not there to meet men (I have one and usually go with him). We actually both laugh at these types both men and women. It's just our release when we are there :) nothing to be jealous of being a "meathead" muscle guy who can't put his arms flat to his sides or a "supermodel" little twit with balloons on her chest grunting at some 5 lb weights! I love this post!!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I go straight after work and therefore wear make up ...granted not night out standards and I wear minerals anyhow so no biggy on skin condition. I also leave my hair down because for me it is not an issue. I also use my phone as my interval timer and weights recorder so shoot me.
  • nikbolok
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2WmZDP3kIY&amp;feature=related

That's hilarious! SO TRUE! I would look like a darn raccoon.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    She probably went to work out right after having dinner with someone or work. I'm fine with that. What I can't stand are people who don't wear work out clothes when they work out. Leather jackets and jeans are not gym suitable.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Haha...

I'm fortunate that my gym is a military gym... doesn't stop you getting the odd wife rocking up doing something piddly with their kindle on the recumbant whilst tramped up.

All the girls that go to workout proper, cover up, scrunch their hair back and wear appropriate clothes for the activity. See us benching (not as much as the guys but not using piddly handweights), squatting, lunging and throwing those kettle bells around or beasting it on level 15+ on the x-trainer, on the rower, or smashing out 11.5KPH+ runs for an hour on the treadmill... but only when we're not being dragged by the PTIs or ourselves through the beautiful local countryside on an aero run! If we're not doing that, we've got a 50lb rucksack on tabbing it outside on the treadmill, doing burpees, geckos, marine push-ups and generally looking a mess to look great later! ;)
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It had very little to do with the clothes and more to do with the hair and makeup. It just made me laugh. I don't know why you are getting so uppity right now. The gym is a place to work, not model.

I wouldn't so much say I'm "uppity", just confused, really. Who says she's not working? Maybe it feels good to look nice at the gym. Maybe her ex is a trainer there and she wants to look good as a last "f you" to him, who knows. How she dresses literally has no effect on you, and for you to say it's probably because she has low self-esteem is just silly and kind of rude.

I just fail to see how it was even an issue - if that makes me uppity, then I guess I've been called worse things.

^^ And I just fail to see why this is such a bother to you.. Since obviously it has no direct effect on you, and yet YOU want to go on about something too.
  • nikbolok
    Options
    I go straight after work and therefore wear make up ...granted not night out standards and I wear minerals anyhow so no biggy on skin condition. I also leave my hair down because for me it is not an issue. I also use my phone as my interval timer and weights recorder so shoot me.

I use it to record my exercise on here and mapmyfitness. it's all good!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    ^^ And I just fail to see why this is such a bother to you.. Since obviously it has no direct effect on you, and yet YOU want to go on about something too.

Mostly because these kinds of threads pop up all the time in the message boards, but also because I'm a little bit of a d-bag.
  • stitchinggirl
    Options
    I am more turned on by a woman who can do a perfect squat than 5 pound curls.

That is a the way it should be at the gym. From someone that could and it working my way back to that skill! Thank you!
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I am fine with those girls as long as they're not on their cellphones, talking and laughing like they're in a cellphone commercial or some s#$%.

This! I have been informing the employees about people who do this lately (okay, I only followed through twice), because it's so disrespectful. I don't pay an absurd monthly fee to listen to your conversation while you WALK on a treadmill. Get your size-8 butt OUTSIDE instead... or better yet, to the mall...