You Know You're A Mom (or Dad) When....

Options

Replies

• lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    ...when I get home from work and start watching the Disney Channel even though my daughter is at school. :laugh:
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    When the phone rings and you start singing the Wonder Pets theme song. The phone, the phone is ringing. Lol.

haha, I love that while reading this, I heard the little guinea pig singing it...
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 605
    Options
    When your living room is repeatedly turned into a soccer field!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    ....When you find yourself standing in the supermarket and you're rocking the trolley backwards and forwards like you're trying to get a baby to sleep.

Like others, I also sometimes spend longer in the bathroom than necessary just to get 2 minutes peace, before the kids (and usually the dog) come barging in!!

I also find random toys or packets of kids sweets in my bag, just in case!!

Loving this thread
  • Monkeymomma05
    Monkeymomma05 Posts: 116
    Options
    -When you know all the songs that Hannah Montana sang and which episode each song came out in.

-You have a favorite character on Phineas and Ferb

-You are jazzed about the next Disney movie coming out to theaters because you have been hearing about it on Disney channel.

-You get as frustrated as your 6 year old because Amy Duncan (Good Luck Charlie) is pregnant and the episode cuts off right as the Dr is about to say what the baby is.

-You watch episodes of iCarly, Good Luck Charlie, Phineas and Ferb ect...and realize that you are the only one in the room.

-When a friend or family member uses a negative word or phrase, and you say 'we don't use that kind of language, do we?'

-Knowing that even though you would like to shower/potty/read in peace, you will miss the interruptions when they are too cool to talk to mom.

so many more....
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Also when you start singing the backback song when you see a backpack.
    [/quote]

Always singing the backpack song or I'm the map! Gotta love Dora!

When you open the cupboard doors and find random treats, legos, magnets, etc but the lid you need is missing!
    When you say "nite nite" to people at bed time.
    When the word "NO" becomes the number 1 word in your vocabulary! I should count how many times in a day....
    When you know what a "Sproutlet" or "Sprout Candy" is
  • sandeeface518
    sandeeface518 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Adding on

When to take your potty training 2 yr old to the public restroom and when you go to use the restroom she starts jumping up and down clapping and screaming at the top of her lungs YAY MOMMY YOU WENT PEE PEE! WOO HOO GO MOMMY.

When my phone goes missing and I can't find it anywhere but suddenly I hear the Angry birds theme song and theres a strange lump under my daughters blanket where shes trying to hide. lol

^^This!!!! Mine are always trying to play "Mad Birds" as they call it
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    When the phone rings in the middle of the night and your heart stops.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    When your 3 year old asks you for more chocolate covered raisins and you actually say, "no, eat the ones you were using to pretend you have boobies."

because only your child can do something weird enough to make that sentence come out of your mouth.
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    you find yourself flipping through the channels and actually turn on cartoons even when your child is not there and continue to waatch it becaause you have not seen this episode of spongebob yet.. i did it the other day..,

and when ever a child hands you a pink phone and says it is for you and you start talking.. i mean you just have to
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    When your wife comes in the living room, sees you in a tiara and no kids around (because they went to get something else to put on you) and she doesn't even flinch.

When you can tell people which flavor of baby food is the best.

When you look forward to work as it means you get to "rest".
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    When your 3 year old asks you for more chocolate covered raisins and you actually say, "no, eat the ones you were using to pretend you have boobies."

because only your child can do something weird enough to make that sentence come out of your mouth.
    i said something i never thought i would say ever in my life..

I had to ask my daughter why she was standing IN the toliet
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    WHen you start humming the Spongebob Squarepants theme...AT WORK!

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? ;)

Also when you start singing the backback song when you see a backpack.

back pack back pack....
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options

i said something i never thought i would say ever in my life..

I had to ask my daughter why she was standing IN the toliet

I believe it.
  • DrGeriK
    DrGeriK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a Mom when

1) I come home from work and my two youngest sons greet me with a hug
    2) When my 23 yo son, who towers over me, bends over to give me a hug
    3) When my boys tell me they love me
    4) When I look at them and think "These wonderful kids came out of me!"
    5) When I'm sad and they console me
    6) When I receive compliments on how good my boys are

I could go on and on!
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    There's 104 days of summer vacation...
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    then school comes along just to end it...
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    also,w hen you get blood on your favorite shirt from your child falling and biting through their lip , you've cleaned smeared poop off the floor and various body parts (of theirs not yours) and proceeded to wash little underwear out with whatever soap was handy (of course it happened to be your FACIAL soap)
    and STILL considered it a pretty good day.

PLUS...you contemplate buying stock in band aid and neosporin because your son is an accident waiting to happen...
    he has scabs, scrapes and cuts in various stages of healing...
    yesterday he fell and bit through his lip...
    today he tripped and cut himself along the knee about two inches long and almost wide enough for stitches.. (not quite but almost)
    this is not mentioning the assortment of scrapes, scabs, and knicks he has on the rest of his legs , elbows, toes, etc... from falling, bumping, jumping off of, and whatever the heck else he does to get so banged up everyday...
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    When your kids aren't even home for lunch, and you instinctively turn on Pocoyo when you sit down with your food because it's become such a habit.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    ....when you laugh hysterically every single time you see the preview of the zebra singing his "Afro circus Afro circus polka dot polka dot polka dot Afro circus" song on the latest Madagascar movie. Even if you're the only one in the room.
    ....and when you are looking forward to seeing this movie more than your five year old.

Yep. I'm a momma.