You Know You're A Mom (or Dad) When....

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    When The Boy is going in to the 5th grade and you still hum the fruit salad song when making dinner.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    When The Boy is going in to the 5th grade and you still hum the fruit salad song when making dinner.

Which fruit salad song? "Fruit salad, a big fruit salad, it's our favorite thing to eat!" Is that the one? From Nick Jr.? I love that song. Such a funky song for a food. :laugh:
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    when you find more items in the cart are "for the kids" and not you.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    from a mom of 2 year old twins...

- when there is more wallpaper on the floor than on the wall
    -when your Christmas nativity scene is reenacting "the amazing race" around your house each day
    -when your nightstand has holes in the varnish because no on told you teething medicine eats varnish
    -you undress for the day and pacifiers and toys fall out
    -the bottom of your car looks like a sea of spawning goldfish
    -two layers of makeup aren't enough to cover the dark circles under your eyes
    -you find your toddler writing checks for you from your wallet
    -when you are on your fourth temporary replacement ATM card in 5 weeks, ( cause there is a pic of "MOMMY!!" on it)
    -when your new perfume is peanut butter
    -when you carpet looks like a flashback from the 70's
    -when it takes 15 mins to load the car to go 5 mins away

I really enjoyed reading this!
  • jodycoady
    Options
    Instead of just saying "sorry". You hear "Sorry for Party rockin"
  • jodycoady
    Options
    ...talking about poop is normal.

SAYING poop instead of the other word!
  • jodycoady
    Options
    .... You can't find a clean cup and then finally find them all in the freezer full of rocks and leaves and branches and water for an "ice experiment".

... You find yourself looking on the MFP database for half a piece of a pizza crust for your daily diary.

... Your rubber boot is full of legos.

... You wake up out of a dead sleep in the middle of the night realizing the Tooth Fairy hasn't made certain deliveries.

Love the post about having a towel in the car for wet playgrounds. I remember doing that!

OM you hit it on the head. I've recorded one fish stick, one chicken nugget, half a hot dog! LOL

...and that Greg Wiggle coming back is actually a story you're interested in!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Yummy yummy yummy fruit salad!!!! I'm forever singing this song
    When catching spitup is no big deal at all
    When you can take pictures of your daughters art work in permantent marker...on her stomach
    When you can tell it's your own kid who has a suspect diaper in a room full of kids
    When you consider a shower your "me" time
    When your kids share their food with you and you take a bite of the slobber covered food just to see them smile
    When you love jamming out to Elmo and I know it!!!
  • rgm66
    rgm66 Posts: 33
    Options
    When your son carves his entire name on the side of your brand new car
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    No, The Wiggles, but now I have the Nick, Jr one stuck in my head!
  • stumpycow
    stumpycow Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    omgosh, I'm dying here!!! All of these stories are so great!

When you put your young son and daughter in the tub together and you have to yell for her to stop pulling on his penis!!

When your 3 yr old has no qualms about running outside to pee, we're talking full freakin moon!! And when you try to get him back inside, he aims for you!

When you and ur husband are having a heated debate about whether that small dark ball on the floor is poop or not and ur son comes over and pops it in his mouth, "not poop. blueberry!"

Dancing with your daughter to every song on Fresh Beat Band. In the car. While driving. Yea, I'm cool lmao :)
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    When the news of Murray Wiggle, Jeff Wiggle, and Greg Wiggle leaving to be replaced by new Wiggles (one of them a girl!) is a hot topic between you and your husband.

Watching the hour long episode of "Good Luck Charlie" to find out the sex of the new baby while your child is playing outside and no where near the TV.

When feeling a little hand grasp yours and hearing, "Mommy, I love you" melts you in to a puddle of goo.

When your favorite CD in the car is "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" and your favorite song is "Tick-Tock Croc."

When you DVR "iCarly" just to see Freddie and your kid doesn't even like the show any more.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    When you accidentally learn the words to the Fresh Beat Band songs, even though you have never actually sat down and watched an episode.

I'm actually ashamed to admit it.. but I kind of know the choreographed dance at the end of the show... I was a stay at home mom for 2 years.. and sometimes I'd forget to change the channel and watch Nick Jr for most of the day.
  • tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    Options
    Ha!!! I love Jake and the Neverland Pirates and all the songs on there! My kids like it, but I don't think nearly as much as I do.
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    - when getting peed on/pooped on is no big deal
    - when you go shopping but come out with bags full of baby clothing
    - when getting vomit and drool on you is normal
    - when your new phone is full of baby pictures!
    - when you can't eat a full meal without having little hands in your plate
    - when a meal sounds so crazy because you don't get meals...you get snacks!!
    - when cooking can be accomplished when your baby is sleeping

( I have a 6 month old) ;)
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    When ever you get out of the front door to go somewhere you hear a little voice "Dad I need a poo".
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Since this is MFP, I'm making this exercise related:

- When your right arm is 1" larger because your 2 1/2 year old loves to grab your hand and demand you do arm curls to pick him up.
    - When your fingers on that hand are stronger because said son grabs onto your fingers half the time.
    - When your flexibility significantly increases because you spend so much time bending over to pick up toys/kids/etc.
    - When you find it's easier to eat healthy by thinking "would I feed this to my kid?"
    - When part of your core work involves a toddler jumping on your stomach as you lie down on the floor to relax.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    You know you are a parent when you are shopping for a new car and you pass on the nice litte convertible because, obviously, you can't fit a wife, kid, and all the crap that comes with in the trunk.
    AND, a minivan actually seems like a good choice.