Whats your least favorite thing someone has said to you abou

Options

Replies

• emilymeanssuccess
    Options
    When a girl looked me over and said "No offence, but you look like you would run the slowest out of us."
    I wanted to punch her!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    You don't need to lose any more weight, your thin enough/too thin now. I am barely in the healthy range for my height and I want to lose 10-15 more lbs but sooooo many people think its just vanity lbs now.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Glad he's your ex!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    When a girl looked me over and said "No offence, but you look like you would run the slowest out of us."
    I wanted to punch her!

I'd look her up and down and say "no offense but you sound like the lease likely have any friends among us!"
  • Kiki_009
    Kiki_009 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The other day I got. "Wow you lost a ton of weight! What did you lose, like 60 pounds??" And a friend once guessed 40. (Without me asking her to guess, of course). It was more like 20-25, but....um....thanks??
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I agree - Nothing! Almost 3 months in, down 30-35 pounds... it's noticeable, people. Say something. :\

I love when people ask how I did it, and I answer "Counting calories and exercising" and their face falls. It's funny that once you start exercising daily and getting off your butt, it's not really THAT difficult to do. You just need the motivation to get the ball rolling!
  • dnewton123
    Options
    One day you hear....
    You lost so much weight you look great
    The next day you hear
    If you lose anymore weight you're gonna look sick
    Or
    How much weight are you trying to lose?
    How skinny do you want to be it's not healthy.
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    "You should look into getting that gastro surgery."

It's gastric and I did, decided against it but thank you for your concern. The irony is that the person recommended this while we were at an all you can eat Chinese restaurant that they recommended we go to.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    "You should look into getting that gastro surgery."

It's gastric and I did, decided against it but thank you for your concern. The irony is that the person recommended this while we were at an all you can eat Chinese restaurant that they recommended we go to.

Congrats to you for trying things the safer/healthier way first!! :) You are doing great!
  • thirtyandthriving
    Options
    I agree - Nothing! Almost 3 months in, down 30-35 pounds... it's noticeable, people. Say something. :\

I love when people ask how I did it, and I answer "Counting calories and exercising" and their face falls. It's funny that once you start exercising daily and getting off your butt, it's not really THAT difficult to do. You just need the motivation to get the ball rolling!

I don't think people started saying anything until I got to about 30-35 pounds and I had to buy new clothes. Once I started wearing new clothes people started noticing. I guess I was hiding my smaller self under the baggy clothes! :)
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    "people who count calories are stupid, just eat healthy" - the person knows full well that I count calories.

"counting calories doesn't work" :mad: :explode:
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Having not lost any weight this week (but not gained either), this is what one of my, so called F/book 'friends' posted to me

"looking at the amount of calories you've been burning John, I'm really surprised . . . so . . . what were you stuffing your face with??? Lol."

This is the 2nd snippy comment and, the reason she is now an ex F/book friend....
  • thirtyandthriving
    Options
    Having not lost any weight this week (but not gained either), this is what one of my, so called F/book 'friends' posted to me

"looking at the amount of calories you've been burning John, I'm really surprised . . . so . . . what were you stuffing your face with??? Lol."

This is the 2nd snippy comment and, the reason she is now an ex F/book friend....

I guess another thing about weight loss is that you get to see the big green monster a little more than you did before, and I'm not talking red sox games. ;)
  • allishax9918
    Options
    1. Your starting to look good, imagine the next 20 lbs. (This was kind of nice..but just the "you look good" part would have been fine. You know..incase I wasn't planning on losing 20 more. I am though lol.

2. I ate really healthy all day and told my one Aunt I was going to a friends later to have pizza and watch movies. I got " You did so good all week and your gonna blow it" uh not really?

3. Not having any support. I have a close friend who once told someone else how fat I was. When I was talking to her the other day and I mentioned I had lost 21 lbs and wanted to keep going. She didn't reply at all. OR say a single thing about it. Thanks chicky, Even my family members just say "oh" when I talk about it.

4. My pap making a joke that the only way I'd lose weight is if he tied a donut to the back of his quad and drove it around the yard. what the f? Now that I am exercising and eating right...he makes sounds when eating tastey junk food to try and make me jealous.
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    There was this guy I liked, I gave him a rose on Valentines day (FIRST time I ever made a move) You know what he did the rest of that year? Laugh at me with the girls in our class, get his friend to tell me I'm fat, And tell every he doesn't like me BECAUSE I'm fat.

Also, whenever I talk about getting healthier or doing something like that, my "bestfriend" says "You won't do it, you never do, just get used to it.. you're fat!"

Yup :) THOSE are my reasons for getting healthy, skinny, fit. I want them to eat their words :)
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

I guess another thing about weight loss is that you get to see the big green monster a little more than you did before, and I'm not talking red sox games. ;)

I never gave this a thought. All the other comments have been really positive. As the person who said it has weight issues, she could be a little miffed that I have lost some weight.

Thanks for that, x
  • allnewskinnyme
    allnewskinnyme Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    After losing 20lbs I got an "mmm yeah... I guess you've lost SOME weight"

And before I started to lose an "it's a good job you're beautiful" One of those back handed comments! Basically you're fat but pretty... at least I still had something going for me at the time! LOL :)
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    "ya know your daughters are watching your every move don't you? if you don't eat pork and a variety of other meats, then they won't want to either". whatever. eating is a PERSONAL thing. yes, my girls pay attention to my habits (and likes/dislikes) but they have their own minds and preferences as well.
  • karylee44
    Options
    i was asked quietly if i was ill.

no.. just really healthy now.. geez.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    "You look different...I think it's the new glasses."

(Note, the "new glasses" were several months old; the weight loss was new.)