Whats your least favorite thing someone has said to you abou

Options

Replies

• emilymeanssuccess
    Options
    I came up with so many good lines after I walked away! I suck at coming up with things on the spot!
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    A coworker asked, "Are you still trying to lose weight? You looked healthier before you lost weight".

Not only did I not look healthier, my doctor would say that I'm much healthier now than before!!!
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm a high school librarian. We have a teacher who makes amazingly good cupcakes, and always shares them with staff. She sent one my way on Friday and my Student Assistant (I have one every class period) begged me to give her my cupcake. Knowing how good they are, and having had a very light breakfast, I wasn't about to give it up.

Her response?

"You're just gonna get fat again. If you eat that cupcake you're gonna blow everything and balloon right back up to where you were."

How disrespectful , I would never dare to ask any thing like that from the people of my college ( or when I was in high school)or or talk to them that way.

I hope you told the student how inappropriate the behavior was.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    "Here, I bought these green tea pills for my daughter, but you need them more." Said to me by a now ex-best friend's mother the first night I slept over. I was 13. Her daughter was indeed thinner than me, but I was 5'2" and she was 5'9".

"Finally." Family friend just two days ago when we stopped by the restaurant where she works to say hi and was told I was trying to watch what I ate when she asked why we wouldn't stay for lunch.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Meeting my ex's mum after my weight loss and her saying 'You should of done this a long time ago'. As if her son cheating on me was my weight to blame despite being nothing but nice to him and his family for five years. She also thought me passing university with first class honors (his son got 2:2) and passing driving test first time (his son passed 2nd go) was down to 'good luck'. Seriously -_-
  • melissam926
    Options
    "She knows how many calories are in it because she counts every thing that she eats. She's obsessed" -No, I like to know what I'm eating. I do like to log everything but I will eat some things that I don't log! Your just jealous.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    When I met my second husband's mother for the first time, she looked me up and down and said,
    "You're fat!".
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    The guy that owns the gym keeps trying to get me to do their "medical weight loss".

"You know if you started with the HCG and our diet program you could lose some REAL weight."

I guess 100+ pounds the right way is just a waste of time.

Can I just say Wow!! You are doing awesome! :happy:

... and maybe time to find another gym? (Or at least threaten?) Really ... you're paying him for the use of the facility, if he's gonna be rude like that, fire him!
  • Lleldiranne
    Options
    years ago, my husband and i went to his sister's house where lots of family were gathered.
    we were newly married and i had put on a few extra pounds. I probably weighed 150 (at 5'7" and 19 yrs old).

my brother-in-law says to me... "have you lost weight?"
    i say no, with a smile.
    he says "didn't think so!"
    i was crushed. the room went silent. my husband didnt even have a comeback in my defense.
    BUT, it did make me count calories and exercise ~ lost 30 lbs.

kept it off. 2 yrs. later i got pregnant (very happy)
    told my mother in law and her first remark was "and you just lost all that weight."
    what?
    i decided i was too sensitive. they always were teasing me about my weight.
    I am glad they can't see me now @ 198 lbs. :cry: !!!

I am astonished. That is rude!
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    "Oh, I went through a exercise phase when I was your age too, but it never lasts."

"Hmm. Well I can see it didn't for you , lady!" I really don't understand people that think they can just say anything they want to people.
  • Lleldiranne
    Options
    My least favorite was from my grandma: "You're not fat now. But if you keep eating like that you will be."
    To this day (20 years later) I still have body issues from that and similar comments from her.
    (She also would tell me "well, you're not what I would call beautiful, but you're pretty" ... gee, thanks...)
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You don't need to lose any more weight, your thin enough/too thin now. I am barely in the healthy range for my height and I want to lose 10-15 more lbs but sooooo many people think its just vanity lbs now.

OMG!!! Me too! I hear that exact same thing!
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    The guy that owns the gym keeps trying to get me to do their "medical weight loss".

"You know if you started with the HCG and our diet program you could lose some REAL weight."

I guess 100+ pounds the right way is just a waste of time.

Can I just say Wow!! You are doing awesome! :happy:

... and maybe time to find another gym? (Or at least threaten?) Really ... you're paying him for the use of the facility, if he's gonna be rude like that, fire him!

I second this!! You are doing fantastically and the right way! :) Keep up the good work!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    "you'll always be fat, it's just who you are"

"I don't know why you're on a diet, you're just going to gain it back"
  • Your not going to look as thin as her your bigger boned--- Ouch
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    when they say nothing after I have lost 18 pounds. really?
  • sassyshell
    sassyshell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh I have a few with my responses

A co-worker said I was a chronic dieter! No honey I am living a healthy life and am no longer diabetic. You might want to get moving yourself.

Are you sure you should be eating that? I am allowed to eat a cookie every now and then!

Are you taking diet pills? Sorry eating healthier and exercising.

Well how much do you weigh? None of your business.

Also someone else mentioned it when peole can obiviously see you have lost weight but will not acknowlege it. I have no problem celebrating other's victories. Guess you'll always have haters! lol
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i was at a cook out and someone offered me a plate of cookies and said "these are amazing you should try one!... oh. right. you don't eat. never mind."
  • kimmieey
    Options
    "you'll never be any better than the rest of us. You'll be fat forever. If you really wanna exercise change it up and stop laying on your back." my sister who is 2 years older, 100 pounds heavier, and lives a worse lifestyle than the rest of my family lives.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Someone told me that since I was post 40, that I better not lose weight too fast because I'll look all wrinkled and saggy.

:(