Whats your least favorite thing someone has said to you abou

Options

Replies

• NikitaC2
    Options
    Said to me while dishing up at a BBQ by my EX-bf in 2007/2008:
    "Are you sure you wanna be eating that? You can't really afford to and summer is coming up"

At the time we were dating for about 2 weeks... Needless to say, it ended very, very shortly after that (2 or 3 days).
    Kept making comments about my weight and telling me "I'm telling you this for your own sake cos I'd think you wanna look good for summer."

Oh pahleez! #GoodbyeAsshole!
  • kimmieey
    Options
    Said to me while dishing up at a BBQ by my EX-bf in 2007/2008:
    "Are you sure you wanna be eating that? You can't really afford to and summer is coming up"

At the time we were dating for about 2 weeks... Needless to say, it ended very, very shortly after that (2 or 3 days).
    Kept making comments about my weight and telling me "I'm telling you this for your own sake cos I'd think you wanna look good for summer."

Oh pahleez! #GoodbyeAsshole!

Way to go!!! You didn't need him or his negativity.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    "you'll never be any better than the rest of us. You'll be fat forever. If you really wanna exercise change it up and stop laying on your back." my sister who is 2 years older, 100 pounds heavier, and lives a worse lifestyle than the rest of my family lives.

Oh ow, especially that last bit. She needs to take those green-tinted glasses off her eyes and see you're not doing it to be better than her or anyone. Though really with a comment like that she kind of just already disproved herself. Sometimes family can really be the worst ones.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Someone told me that since I was post 40, that I better not lose weight too fast because I'll look all wrinkled and saggy.

:(

they were obviously wrong
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband told me one day, "you are too fat to be seen in public and quit using your medication as an excuse for your fatness". Yea, he is most def and EX! My daughter showed me a pic of her dad from a few months ago...GUESS WHAT.....he is REALLY FAT and looks like a 60 year old man and he is only 45.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    "Oh, I went through a exercise phase when I was your age too, but it never lasts."

"Hmm. Well I can see it didn't for you , lady!" I really don't understand people that think they can just say anything they want to people.

Sure didn't. It was my mother who said it, who ended up having a gastric bypass and still struggles with weight issues. It's more eating habits than exercise.
    "It's just so cute that you eat so many vegetables." Also her :grumble:
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    Besides being called fatty, fat stuff, fat cakes, fat butt, etc. as a kid by friends and family and having my first bf mock me? Eh. Why drag this all up? People who have to say stuff like that have issues.
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    Strangely enough the worst things I hear are from my "non thin" friends who have watched me change my life/weight/eating habits/exercise etc. They have ALL asked for my advice, even so far as having me write out my meal plans and workout routines for them to only do NOTHING at all with it!! Thanks for wasting MY time!!
    But, the thing that sticks in my mind the most....... which I found pretty hurtful really was said by a friend who asked for my help/advice and then did nothing with it...... I saw her at a funeral for a mutual friend recently.... I tried to approach her 3 times to say hello and give her a hug and each time she directly walked away! I was confused by this....so on approach attempt #4, I snuck up on her and asked her what the bleep was the matter?

She said "I don't want to stand next to you, you make me look terrible!"

Now I know this SHOULD be taken as complimentary right? Well, it didnt' feel that way..... it hurt me to hear my success and hard work created those feelings in her toward me :( .............
  • Mommareed4
    Options
    "if you loose any more weight they'll be nothing left to you!" Uummm yeah I am on the border of overweight and normal..i think I can stand to loose 20 more pounds lol
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    "wow, keep doing what you"re doing. If you get a little bit more muscle, you can get into MENS pro wrestling." awh, snap. :(
  • DarrellHodge
    Options
    I changed my mine; that thing is too big!

I'm joking; I couldn't resist.
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I hate when I go out with friends or family & they try to shove food in my face, saying "You've lost enough weight. You're so skinny now, so eat!" I DO EAT. I just don't eat **** like you do. I LIKE eating healthy & knowing how many calories i'm putting into my body, thank you very much.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    1. Wow, you've lost a lot! What are you doing? Diet pills?

2. I hope you aren't going to lose anymore...your face is looking gaunt.

^^ This!!! It happens to me all the time & I hate it :grumble:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Also "Hey are you taking drugs? Because you're starting to look like a drug addict" LOL
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    It's a weird one, but here goes. "what you wear size 10 shoes, I thought only tall people had big feet?" I'm 5'5 lol

or, "you have been married for a while, when you gonna have kids?" or "You can't lose weight, your whole families fat, just embrace it!"
  • I agree - Nothing! Almost 3 months in, down 30-35 pounds... it's noticeable, people. Say something. :\

I love when people ask how I did it, and I answer "Counting calories and exercising" and their face falls. It's funny that once you start exercising daily and getting off your butt, it's not really THAT difficult to do. You just need the motivation to get the ball rolling!

I would love for people to say something about my weight loss....reading all of the posts here, I think I know why they won't. We all take these types of comments differently. Someone could say "Wow, you've lost a tonne of weight, you look great!" to me and I would gush and be so pleased whereas I've read here that another poster here felt that same comment was rude because it made it seem like she was a monster prior to the loss.

*****please read my post again. You quoted me as saying "you look great" and i never wrote that because that was not what was said to me! As I was saying, it was hard to describe. This was a very rude and hateful comment. I found back then, and even now that I have lost almost all of the baby weight, that people are jerks because they are jealous. This was not a nice comment like "you look great." It was just a "you've lost a ton......", "what did you do with the rest of you", and other stupid smart you know what comments. Yes, we all like compliments and appreciate them after hard work, but sarcastic comments that make you feel bad about the way you looked before the loss do NOT make you feel pleased. Instead, they take away from your pride. It's still a put down, just in a creative way.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    "If you lost weight you wouldn't be you anymore. That would make me sad"

Said by someone who has only known me after my weight gain. (And is slender themselves.)
    I think some people like having a fat sidekick.

You know being over 100 pounds overweight and in the obese catagory isnt the definitive of who I am. What would that make me 8 years ago when I wasn't this weight? Not myself?
    I think I can risk messing with someones perception of my identity for the sake of living past 50. Gee, (insert sacrcasm here) hope that doesn't make me a bad friend!
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I agree - Nothing! Almost 3 months in, down 30-35 pounds... it's noticeable, people. Say something. :\

I love when people ask how I did it, and I answer "Counting calories and exercising" and their face falls. It's funny that once you start exercising daily and getting off your butt, it's not really THAT difficult to do. You just need the motivation to get the ball rolling!

I would love for people to say something about my weight loss....reading all of the posts here, I think I know why they won't. We all take these types of comments differently. Someone could say "Wow, you've lost a tonne of weight, you look great!" to me and I would gush and be so pleased whereas I've read here that another poster here felt that same comment was rude because it made it seem like she was a monster prior to the loss.

*****please read my post again. You quoted me as saying "you look great" and i never wrote that because that was not what was said to me! As I was saying, it was hard to describe. This was a very rude and hateful comment. I found back then, and even now that I have lost almost all of the baby weight, that people are jerks because they are jealous. This was not a nice comment like "you look great." It was just a "you've lost a ton......", "what did you do with the rest of you", and other stupid smart you know what comments. Yes, we all like compliments and appreciate them after hard work, but sarcastic comments that make you feel bad about the way you looked before the loss do NOT make you feel pleased. Instead, they take away from your pride. It's still a put down, just in a creative way.

I think I get what you mean. It like they are saying "Your still the fat person except now, your the fat person who lost all that weight. You know because you were SO FAT."
  • robbiejay1971
    Options
    The only person that tells me that I need to lose weight is my mother, and she nags me about it, despite the fact I'm 40!

Also, I posted a picture of me on Facebook, and I was in a slightly too tight jumper, and a friend asked 'Getting dressed in the dark again, Rob?'
  • FatNurseSlim
    Options
    Can't beat a good old grandparent confidence shaker - " eeee our Sarah, you used to be so thin"

And the old out for a meal " look at the size of that, you won't eat all that". How do you know?! Actually I was going to and now I feel like I have to leave half of my food to be socially acceptable!!