Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Options

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Why does this have to be so terrifying for me. After using my Body Media FIT my average TDEE is 2900 from being a mom and teaching 10+ group ex classes a week. So 20% deficit would be around 2300. On days like today I'll burn over 3000 from teaching 3 classes and walking the dog 1/2 hour. Going under this amount I lose a bit...start looking how I'd like...and then it stalls endlessly. Everyone says I should be eating even more...but when I do I gain...but then I probably don't stay long enough for it to drop. I just got some boxing shorts for Body Combat which I will just start teaching. They are a medium and JUST fit. Half of me wants to drop back my calories again so they can fit better...when I know I should probably be upping them. Why can't I just bite the bullet and go whole hog. Eat 2200-2500 and say screw it. Knowing that my pants will (even if temporarily) be snug YET AGAIN just freaks me out horribly. I wish I could just lose these last 10 flipping pounds. Rant over..and any suggestions/encouragement would be great. :flowerforyou:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Why does this have to be so terrifying for me. After using my Body Media FIT my average TDEE is 2900 from being a mom and teaching 10+ group ex classes a week. So 20% deficit would be around 2300. On days like today I'll burn over 3000 from teaching 3 classes and walking the dog 1/2 hour. Going under this amount I lose a bit...start looking how I'd like...and then it stalls endlessly. Everyone says I should be eating even more...but when I do I gain...but then I probably don't stay long enough for it to drop. I just got some boxing shorts for Body Combat which I will just start teaching. They are a medium and JUST fit. Half of me wants to drop back my calories again so they can fit better...when I know I should probably be upping them. Why can't I just bite the bullet and go whole hog. Eat 2200-2500 and say screw it. Knowing that my pants will (even if temporarily) be snug YET AGAIN just freaks me out horribly. I wish I could just lose these last 10 flipping pounds. Rant over..and any suggestions/encouragement would be great. :flowerforyou:

Hey I feel your pain!!! I upped my calories 4wks ago, gained 6lbs :sad: I wasn't even this weight when i started 1yr ago BUT last week I saw a small loss in inches so something has to give RIGHT??!!! I've been following the Eat More to Lose Weight Group and they recommend sticking to whatever you decide for 4-6wks then reasses, for good or bad.
    Good luck!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1910. Any one in here may add me.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for 4 weeks, and up 5 pounds and my clothes are getting tight so I am pretty sure I am not losing inches. I am going to stick with it til the end of May, but it's tough to see the number on the scale...
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I have been doing this for 4 weeks, and up 5 pounds and my clothes are getting tight so I am pretty sure I am not losing inches. I am going to stick with it til the end of May, but it's tough to see the number on the scale...

I starting cracking up at my last weigh in, its been like 2lbs a week....which seems impossible!!!!
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Since January I have dropped from 32% body fat to 19% body fat (only lost 3 lbs).
    I workout a lot - usually twice a day, and my workouts vary between heavy lifting and cardio.
    For January and Feb I was netting 1570 a day (my bmr) but I was feeling very tired, so I decided to up my cals and I now net around 1870 cals a day. I have a lot more energy, am able to put more into my workouts, and was able to finally drop the last 2% of body fat I wanted to.
    Pictures of my progress are in my profile.
    Feel free to add me! I would love to have friends who eat a lot like me.
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    Since I don't go by MFP calories I don't know how I'd figure out my net as I go by my TDEE and then subtract 20%. Since I'm using my BMF I haven't been using my HRM so I don't even know how many I'm burning exercise wise to create the right net.
  • graysmom2005
    Options

I starting cracking up at my last weigh in, its been like 2lbs a week....which seems impossible!!!!
    So scary! How much of a jump in calories did you go up? I haven't dared go on the scale. Just been measuring waist /hips
  • candace_ndiaye
    candace_ndiaye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Man, I am SO glad I found this thread!!! MFP calculations say I should only be eating about 1430 calories a day, and that's based on 3 45min workouts a week. I've been trying to hard, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to make that happen, even if I still feel hungry. Really discouraging.

Now after calculating my TDEE, I should be consuming about 2300 calories a day! When I subtract about 20% of that, that would put me at about 1800 a day. I'm wondering if not eating enough is actually what has been causing the stall I've experienced.

I'm wondering if lots of people are finding that the MFP calorie counter doesn't seem to be accurate? I'd love to hear from others on both sides of the spectrum.

I'd love to know what other feel. I'm thinking I may go ahead and up myself to the 1800 per day and see if this helps at all.
  • nessa1879
    nessa1879 Posts: 8
    Options
    Bump
  • kblue2007
    Options

So scary! How much of a jump in calories did you go up? I haven't dared go on the scale. Just been measuring waist /hips

6lbs...it was 2lbs for the 1st 2wks, then dropped 1.4lbs then back up again. I'm expecting to see a change in the next few weeks, in a positive way and I did lose a bit from my hips and waist!
  • 1989Angela
    1989Angela Posts: 14
    Options
    HI, guys. So, I was reading through the whole post and it makes perfect sense. I started reading this book about weight lifting for Ladies and they have a diet plan of 1200 for 2 weeks and 1500 plan for other 2 weeks. You have to weight lift 3 times a week and do cardio afterwards and on the days in between. I'm on first week, and just starving. I feel like I don't have any energy to go work out after work. My diary is open, so can someone pls help me to get on the right track to loose body fat and not weight. I'm 5'4 124LB and BMR 1391. I tried so many different sites to measure body fat but I don't think they are accurate. Thanks!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    HI, guys. So, I was reading through the whole post and it makes perfect sense. I started reading this book about weight lifting for Ladies and they have a diet plan of 1200 for 2 weeks and 1500 plan for other 2 weeks. You have to weight lift 3 times a week and do cardio afterwards and on the days in between. I'm on first week, and just starving. I feel like I don't have any energy to go work out after work. My diary is open, so can someone pls help me to get on the right track to loose body fat and not weight. I'm 5'4 124LB and BMR 1391. I tried so many different sites to measure body fat but I don't think they are accurate. Thanks!

Check out Eat More to Weight Less Group...great info there :)
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    HELP PLEASE!!!! I'm 5'1 and 133 pounds and I'm pretty much stuck there. My Dr wants me to be 120. I have gone up on my calories and I have also gone down to 1300...just stuck. I have a back injury and can't workout at all right now. So I have no idea what to eat at to still lose. My BMR is 1342.....can anyone please help. I'm 38 if age has anything to do with it and I have a desk job.
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me..... I'm still very new to this whole lifestyle change. I've pretty much always been a 'skinny fat' person but in the last couple of months have dropped some pounds to be back to be back to my pre pregnancy size and have started working out a lot more.

I currently do cardio at the gym 4 days a week (only 40 minute sessions as that is all I can fit in timewise), Shred about 5 days a week and yoga once a week.

I'm 5'9 and 129 lbs.

I'm not worried about the number on the scales, just the size I am. I would like to build more muscle and reduce my body fat %. I assumed I would need to eat at a deficit to reduce body fat.

Any suggestions on how much I should be eating? If I do the calculations it's coming in at about 1800 each day, do I then not eat over this even on exercise days?

I currently have my cals set at 1500 and always eat my exercise cals. so normally end up eating between 1650 and 2000 each day. I am often hungry at the end of the day and have no cals left.

Any tips gratefully received. :)
  • candace_ndiaye
    candace_ndiaye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    honeslty, it doesn't sound like you need to lose weight per se, but rather toning. When you do your workouts, from what you're saying anyway, it sounds like you do alot of cardio and very little strength training (with that said, I'm not 100% on the Shred). I'd say maybe keep the same or slightly reduce your cardio and sub in 1-2 strength training sessions per week.
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Oh should have said.... I am going to start the New Rules when I finish shred! Shred is based on 3 circuits of cardio, strength and abs. It is helping to build my strength but not anywhere near something like New Rules (from what I understand anyway).

Thanks for your reply. :)
  • J3NZ0R
    J3NZ0R Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I posted this as a separate topic, but it might fit in here! See below.

---

I know this gets asked A LOT, but I'm mostly just looking for clarification:

I am 5'4 and 144 lbs. I'd like to be 130 lbs. I work out five days a week, doing classes. Barbell weights, high-impact step aerobics, spin and the odd core class. Wednesdays are often a double header of a 45 min step class and weights. (So probably six GroupEx classes per week.)

After years of not eating enough and being a bit crazypants about food, I've plateaued big time. So, I'm looking to up my calories.

If my TDEE is 2246 and my BMR is 1449, I should be eating around 1700 calories, yes? No? RIght now, I'm eating around 1490, but I've been HORRIBLE with eating back my exercise calories. Sometimes I net, like, 750, which is obvs. not awesome.

Basically: I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON, YOU GUYS.

Also: When I change my goals, do I do this manually? (Sorry. There ARE stupid questions, and this is one.) But answer anyway. :)
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    ^^^ My TDEE is around 2400 - 2600 (I wear a body bugg). I aim for around 2000 calories a day, regardless of what I'm doing and then I don't eat my exercise calories back. I am losing weight very slowly which is sometimes aggravating, but it is coming off and I never feel deprived, hungry, or tired.
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm getting there!