Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Options

Replies

• VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just started a new weight gain plan from my dietitian and it seems to be 2300-2400 calories :astonished:
    Scary for me!

dont be scared Ive been maintaining on that or more for years. :) I see youve been on 1000-1400 for awhile?? You must be losing on that! Good luck with the weight gain.

Yep, I'm in eating disorder recovery so I was losing but will probably be gaining soon haha! Thanks :)
  • lisamarielois
    lisamarielois Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on around 2000 cals a day. Am currently 55 kilos and have lost 6 kilos since April. As well as walking at least 10,000 steps a day, I cycle for an hour 3 days a week, try to fit in 3 runs a week and a couple of sessions on the stationary bike. I love my food so fit in as much exercise as I can so I can eat what I want!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I've been at maintenance for almost 4 yrs, I average 2000 calories a day - not bad for being 47yr and a petite 5ft 2/ 128lbs. :smile: . (I'm active and average 14k steps a day)

Samesies!
  • layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I net at 1660. I am 43 years old, 5' 7" I weigh 183 lbs. I eat back ALL of my exercise calories so most days I am eating on average 2000 calories an still losing steadily. I jog for 25 mins 4 times a week and have recently introduced some strength training which seems to helping with body composition. Lost 49 lb up to now. Its took me a year and a half but its been worth the wait. I LOVE food and eat well everyday. I am never deprived as I include the foods I love in my calorie allowance. I am getting closer to maintenance now and feel as though I could do this for life. I have formed good habits and my relationship with food is a healthy one now as I used to comfort eat a lot. No pics, sorry I'm a bit shy but I have lost 8" off waist and 10" off hips.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    @neldabg, <3 your post above. I just want to say I am happy you have taken these steps now rather than later. I hope other young women will follow your advice. Too many of us older ladies have yoyoed throughout our lives.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i do 5 days a week with 1900-2000cal and then 2 days of 1600 (on a H, M, L 7 day cycle) through Eat to Perform - focusing on performance - goal of 3 strength sessions a week

i'm currently 156 but lean (tend to get double takes when I get on the scale) - but would like to get down to 150lbs before the triathlon season starts again to improve my bike/run times
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Time for a bump.
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies.

All of you seem to be under 200lbs and eating 1800-2500 calories. So, if I've started going to the gym 5 days a week, doing cardio and lifting, and weigh way more than 200lbs, you think I could eat at my BMR of 1800 calories? MFP suggested the regular 1200 when I wasn't working out, which I tried for a couple of weeks, but ended up binge eating a lot. I changed my 'goals' to lose 1.5lbs a week and entered lightly active and it gave me 1880 calories. I went to the gym today and I felt very different, lots of energy and felt 'happy', my mood was actually very positive...

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies.

All of you seem to be under 200lbs and eating 1800-2500 calories. So, if I've started going to the gym 5 days a week, doing cardio and lifting, and weigh way more than 200lbs, you think I could eat at my BMR of 1800 calories? MFP suggested the regular 1200 when I wasn't working out, which I tried for a couple of weeks, but ended up binge eating a lot. I changed my 'goals' to lose 1.5lbs a week and entered lightly active and it gave me 1880 calories. I went to the gym today and I felt very different, lots of energy and felt 'happy', my mood was actually very positive...

Sounds like you are better eating that higher number :smile: anything you can eat at consistent and still lose is the way to go to be happy and healthy imo :smiley:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 y/o, 5'1" and about 106 lbs, and maintain pretty well eating around 1600-1800 6 days a week, and giving myself Saturdays to just eat whatever and indulge. I run a lot though, every day, and lift 3 days a week too.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Can I have some friends from here, please? Not sure who's actively still losing, but I would love to have some encouragement. That voice in my head tells me all the time to eat less eat less eat less.

I'm 5'10" 190ish pounds. I've lost thirty pounds since June, and my goal weight is around 165.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Hi Ladies.

Sounds like you are better eating that higher number :smile: anything you can eat at consistent and still lose is the way to go to be happy and healthy imo :smiley:

^^^^ This and make sure you get enough fats and protein to support your exercise. Concentrate on getting your carbs from the high fiber, low sugar carbs, so you are no so hungry.

All the best on your Journey.
  • lululapagaille
    lululapagaille Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Athena_fit wrote: »
    Great thread, very motivational. I just set my calories to 1800, with a 30% carbs, 35 % fat and protein. I use to aim for 1400 but havent had much success.

I'm 5'8, 202 as of today. My first goal is to reach 180 and not to yo-yo ever again. Hopefully i will have energy to achieve more intense training with this eating!

If you create a group, I'm definitely in.

Please feel free to add me, I need all the support I can. Most of my mfp contacts are starving them selves !

I sent you a friend add :)
  • sars34
    sars34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all - so glad I found this thread. I'm 48 198lb and have been on a yo yo diet for most of my adult life - gaining and losing the same 10lbs every year. This year I want to change for good and have started working with a Personal Trainer twice a week who has told me I need to eat more (I was trying to lose on 1400 cals a day). She's increased my intake to 1800 a day which is scary - I can't believe I'm going to lose weight eating this much! Most days its a struggle to get to 1800 but I'm adding in an extra protein shake if I need to to get the right mix. It's early days - since start of January I've only lost 4lb but I'm feeling amazing with loads more energy and have lost a lot of the bloating that I used to have. Please add me as I'd love to have and give support to anyone on a similar journey.
  • fitbodinprogress
    fitbodinprogress Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, 5'2, 155lbs. Trying to lose 25 or so. I go to a cardio boxing class 3x per week and will be starting the Strong Curves beginner routine 3x per week as well. Once the weather warms up, I'll add C25K on the lifting days as well.

My TDEE is around 1950 and my plan is to eat between 1600-1750 to lose. Please add me as a friend if you have/had similar stats. Great thread, thanks!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm 34, 5'3" and 149lbs - focusing on performance, so no real weight goal and an endurance triathlete (half-ironmen/ironmen). I take it 2100-2400 a day on a cycle - set protein of 130g a day; carbs and fats vary depending - I've lost 10lbs since November doing this