The Hunger Games

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I am a prude... But I can't not imagine how this movie (book) is so popular when it's based on kids killing kids. It makes me sick every time I see the preview. My best friend insists it's AMAZING and I need to see it with her when it comes out... but no way. Unless all the kid's revolt against the Capitol or something and they all live happily ever after, I'm OK without seeing it :ohwell:

Am I the only one that finds it all so odd? Then again, I threw up after Lord of the Rings *LOL* So... there's your perspective :)
    I saw the movie. Only cried on one part. Won't say for those who saw it, but it had me in tears. Other than that I saw nothing wrong with it...so yeah I believe you are one of the only people that feels this way
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    It's a modern "Lord of the Flies".

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. So yea, at first you think: Kids killing kids? What are these kids reading nowadays!? But then I remembered the syllabus from my 9th grade: Lord of the Flies.

So.... ya.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I am a prude... But I can't not imagine how this movie (book) is so popular when it's based on kids killing kids. It makes me sick every time I see the preview. My best friend insists it's AMAZING and I need to see it with her when it comes out... but no way. Unless all the kid's revolt against the Capitol or something and they all live happily ever after, I'm OK without seeing it :ohwell:

Am I the only one that finds it all so odd? Then again, I threw up after Lord of the Rings *LOL* So... there's your perspective :)
    I saw the movie. Only cried on one part. Won't say for those who saw it, but it had me in tears. Other than that I saw nothing wrong with it...so yeah I believe you are one of the only people that feels this way
    If its the part I think your talking about, my husband and I cried as well. All in all I did enjoy the movie, and they could have been more gory with the killing scenes and was happy they handled them the way they did.