bump
  • asiavenetia
    asiavenetia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    This one is easy and I've served it to others several times and everyone really likes it

Lentil Soup (serves 8)
    Throw all of this stuff in the crock pot in the morning. Turn it on low for 8+ hours (sometimes I do more than 8 hours and it’s always been fine)
    3 Raw Carrots Chopped
    3 Stalks of Celery - Chopped
    1 Onion - Chopped
    2 Cloves of Garlic - Diced
    2 C lentils (rinsed) (I've used whatever the cheapest bulk lentils I could find at Sprouts)
    64oz of Vegetable broth
    1 can of diced tomatoes (I prefer the Rotel with Habanero so that it has some spice, I didn’t think the jalapeno ones had enough spice but I may be crazy) OPTIONAL
    3 Russet potatoes (small or medium) – OPTIONAL (I often add these for bulk)

About 15 minutes before serving add:
    1.5 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
    2 cups Kale (or other green like Spinach or Collard Greens)
    Salt & pepper to taste (the recipe I had told me to add it to the crockpot in the beginning and gave me a measurement. I don't tend to add any at all, but if I feel as if it's needed, I just add a little per serving)

I have always made this on the stove and had to cook it for 2 hours. It never occured to me to toss everything in the crock pot and make it easier on myself! *slaps forehead*
  • BatWoman2012
    Options
    Bump! Got my crockpot yesterday as we are just coming into Winter. These all sound soooo good!
  • jgilbey
    jgilbey Posts: 79
    Options
    http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-chicken-dumplings/

Eat clean chicken and dumplings! I made this for my family, it was soooo good.
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bumping cause I :heart: my Crockpot
  • Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Super Easy Crock Pot Meat

Ingredients:
    4-6 Chicken Breasts (or pork tenderloin)
    bag of baby carrots
    20-30 small red or yellow potatoes
    1 onion chopped (I like sweet or Vidalias)
    1 green pepper chopped
    1 package french onion soup mix

Directions:
    1. Toss all ingredients into the crockpot and add enough water to cover meat (keep water level at least 1/4 inch from top to prevent overflow.)
    2. Set crockpot on low.
    3. Cook 6-8 hours on low or until meat is fully cooked.
    4. Serve over brown rice.

You can also use a modified version of this to make pulled pork. Marinate the pork tenderloin overnight (or buy premarinated pork tenderloin.) Only add the pork tenderloin and the onion soup mix, plus two cups of water to the crockpot. Set the crockpot to low and cook 10-12 hours, flip meat halfway through (or as soon as you get home form work.) Check to make sure the pork is falling apart with a fork; if it isn't you need to let it cook a little longer. Drain water off the meat, pull the pork apart using forks and serve with your favorite BBQ sauce.

This sounds delicious!

I'm doing Nutrisystem right now but I will need some good recipes for when I'm on my own.
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    bump
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    Thanks!
  • stefmomme25
    stefmomme25 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Surprise Thai Chicken Curry

I call it this because I put the ingredients in the crockpot hoping for the best and what came out what better tasting Thai chicken than I've had in Thai restaurants! And without coconut milk too! It goes very well with Jasmine rice or any other aromatic rice.

3 chicken breasts cut into small pieces
    1 cup Stir fry vegetable blend
    2 cups raw mushrooms
    3 rosemary branches(?)
    A handful of Basil leaves
    1/2 of a large lemon cut up into round slices
    7-8 cloves garlic and 1 tsp of ginger crushed
    3-4 Thai green chillies (depending on how hot you want it to be)
    3 cups chicken broth (with no added sodium)
    3 tbsp whole wheat flour or any other flour...
    pepper
    salt

Put all the ingredients except the flour into the crockpot and cook on high for 4-5 hours. If you see white stuff floating around like I did, use a strainer to get rid of it. The white stuff had a funny consistency... In a separate vessel mix the flour and some water to make a slightly watery paste and add this slowly to the crockpot stirring constantly. This is just to give it some thickness as a curry. (I don't use corn starch for this as it is higher in calories and the thickness never seems to last long enough.)

Total calories = 900

Makes about 6-7 servings!

I just put this together, cant wait for lunch tomorrow! Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love my crockpot!!! Here is the easiest low fat BBQ chicken recipe. 3 ingredients!

Shredded BBQ Chicken

2 pounds boneless chicken breast (I use 1 package of Tyson which is about 2 lbs)
    1 (18 oz) of your favorite BBQ sauce - I like Sweet Baby Rays
    1/2 onion chopped

Combine into crockpot on low for 6 hours. After about 6 hours, you should be able to easily shred the chicken. Then let cook for another 1-2 hours on low, or until chicken is nice and tender.

This is great on a low carb wrap, bun, or even just plain. Add a veggie and you have a great meal.

****There are also low sugar and light BBQ sauce options.

***This recipe can be doubled. I make a huge batch on the weekend to have easy dinners ready, and then I freeze the extras.

Enjoy!
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Dal Makhani/Kali dal

This is one of the most popular Indian lentil recipe around. I tried it out in the crockpot a few times and it never came out as well as I wanted it to. Yesterday I got the quantities of ingredients right!! It tasted amazing and I actually put wayyyyyy less butter and cream than I usually do. I make this in a big quantity and freeze it in batches of 2 cups since it freezes well and my husband and one friend are always asking for it! This does take a long time so its always better to make a big batch.

Total calories: 1462
    Makes 11 cups
    Cals per serving/1 cup = 130!!!
    Per cup: carbs=22gm, fat=2gm, protein=7gm

Soak 1.25 cups whole Urad dal (I think it is sold as black lentil. Indian stores call it kali dal/urad dal) and 1/2 cup red kidney beans together for 8-9 hours or overnight.

Ingredients to put into crockpot together:

Soaked black and kidney beans
    2.5 cups diced tomatoes
    1/2 cup diced onions
    10 cloves of garlic + 3 tsp ginger both + a handful of cilantro all crushed together
    4-5 Thai chillies split lengthwise (add more or use less depending on how hot you want it)
    2 tbsp roasted cumin powder
    1 tbsp cilantro seed powder (available in Indian store as coriander powder/dhaniya powder)
    1 tsp sugar
    salt to taste
    about 5-6 cups water

Cook on high for 1-2 hours. If you're not at home, simply leave it on low for 8-10 hours. I put this on at about 9pm or 10pm and have it for lunch the next day.
    Put about 1/2 to 3/4 the contents of the crockpot in a food processor and paste-ify it and put it back in. This gives the dal a creamy texture. You can also do this with a hand blender I think.

Ingredients for Tadka/seasoning:
    1 tbsp butter (can put more but it won't make a noticeable difference unless u put like 4-5 tbsp and I can't make myself do that!)
    4 tbsp half and half cream
    1/2 tsp turmeric powder
    1 tsp cumin seeds
    2 tsp garam masala powder (can use more but I like to actually taste the ingredients rather than just the masala)

Heat the butter on the stove in a small pan and when it starts to sizzle, add the cumin seeds, turmeric powder, garam masala and the cream. heat it for a bit and add the whole mixture to the crockpot. Adjust salt according to taste. Throw in a handful of finely chopped cilantro for garnishing and to give it that fresh taste...

Can be eaten with rice, bread, roti, nan or even just like that as a soup! It is unbelievably filling!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Bump!:flowerforyou:
  • DSCLBD
    DSCLBD Posts: 40
    Options
    bump
  • thefacade
    thefacade Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    saving
  • jerrbear67
    jerrbear67 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This has got to be the best crock pot recipe I have tried. Someone else posted this recipe on another post. Lots of great ideas on this website. Instead of sugar, i used a little agave. I made it super spicey

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2011/10/crockpot-recipe-for-sweet-and-spicy.html