Piercings & Gauges... Like them, hate them, or have them?

Options

Replies

• glenoakchic2006
    glenoakchic2006 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have had my tongue pierced, I currently have 2 piercings in the bottom of each ear, 2 in my left cartilage and an industrial in my right ear. I also have my nipples and labret done and have 6 nautical star tattoos across my back and a heartagram on my right collar bone and a tribsl son with paw prints underneath on my right forearm.

I'm not a big fan of gauges had them in high school but just didn't really like them. I wish society would accept tattoos my job just passed new rules that all tattoos have to be covered up and since I have one on my right forearm I have to wear a long sleeve shirt even when it's in the 90's and it's awful.
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    I am probably the most boring person on this thread. Have normal ear piercing for earrings and nothing else. I really love art, but i'd rather they were not on any of my body parts....lol....not really a fan of piercings and tattoos. That being said, i have seen a few cool tattoos and can appreciate the creativity and skill it takes to do them. Really cant stand piercings or stretched earlobes.

It is kinda entertaining to see the differences in preferences, it truly is what makes the world such an interesting place.
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    have 'em and love 'em!!!

let's see.....

my right eyebrow is pierced. i've got the snake bites. my tongue is pierced. i have a size 10 in the lowest of my lobe piercings in each ear. my second on the right is at 8. on the left, i have a second 10 and an 8 right above that. then two size 14 in my cartilige on the left and one 14 in the cartilige on my right. i also have my right nipple and three in my right labia majora.

16 total.... more to follow.
  • rekka24
    rekka24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my nose has always been the easiest to put back in. I can go yrs without wearing it and it will go right back in. But then I had mine for like 12 yrs. I did it myself when I was 14 Was trying to answer question for someone and don't know what I did lol
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Just my nipples.

(I swear I'm not trolling this time - they hurt like a mofo)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    gauged my ears to 0

then took them out. it was an addiction i had to stop pursuing.
  • tritepoet
    tritepoet Posts: 119
    Options
    I like piercings a lot, but certain things look good on certain people. Sometimes we lose sight of this lol.

I have my eyebrow pierced and I love it. The thing about piercings is that you can take them out one day, and have them the next day for different looks.

I've always had a commitment problem, that's why I'll never get tatted. I know I'll change my mind/want a different color/want it in a different area/have a new idea.

I don't like gauges at all. Just don't like how it looks.
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    when i was 14 , i pierced my own ears with a safety pin. i threw up a couple of times doing it...but, i wanted 2nd holes really bad. hey, it was the late 80's, lol.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    00 gauges. Would love to go a couple sizes bigger but I have smallish earlobes,and don't think I should push it much more. Multiple regular sized earrings in each ear, both tragus's pierced, both nostrils, center lip, septum. i love them. used to have a lot more, but removed them for various reasons.
  • lavr
    lavr Posts: 19
    Options
    I like piercings a lot, but certain things look good on certain people. Sometimes we lose sight of this lol.

I have my eyebrow pierced and I love it. The thing about piercings is that you can take them out one day, and have them the next day for different looks.

I've always had a commitment problem, that's why I'll never get tatted. I know I'll change my mind/want a different color/want it in a different area/have a new idea.

I don't like gauges at all. Just don't like how it looks.

i'll never get a tattoo either for the same reason^^^.
    and i think only certain people can pull of gauges. one of my best friends (who is a girl) has her ears at 1 1/4". surprisingly, i can not picture her without them, she does pull them off amazingly. but when she takes out her plugs....sl;dkfjasg;h her lobes are a sight i can't stand.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :tongue: 10 gage in my touge, ears xs5:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I have a few piercings and would like low-level gauges...
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I LOVE piercings!! Had my eyebrow, industrial and lip done. (Had to lose lip and eyebrow though sadly bcuz of work though) I never was allowed to get any as a kid so now I wana get everything done basically (pierce all the things!!! :laugh: ) lol Weirdly though despite my piercing infatuation I hate gauges. I don't know why I just do not find them attractive at all.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I used to have quite a few piercings, but took most of them out as I think they looked quite tacky on me.

I still have labret and a few in my ears. I did have my bridge pierced, four in my lip and few surface piercings in my wrists and chest at one point.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Oh the humanity.
    All the gauges everywhere make me cringe.
    The term is called stretched lobe. Gauge is a term of measurement.
    I have stretched lobes to a 0 gauge.

On another note, I've been stretching and pierced since 02. Tattooed since 08.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Three on each lobe, tragus, conch, orbital, and two cartilage piercings I don't wear anything in. I am considering stretching my ears.

P.S. it is not called gauges, a gauge is a size!
  • workkoutchick96
    Options
    have my nose pierced and when im down to 115 by the fall, my belly button!!! :happy:
  • HelenMcBride
    Options
    has anyone else had problems with top ear cartilage healing?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I used to have a number of piercings.

Tongue, labret, both eyebrows (not at the same time), nose....the only ones I still have are multiple ear piercings.

Oh and I think stretched lobes look ridiculous. But that's just my opinion.