Piercings & Gauges... Like them, hate them, or have them?

Options

Replies

• daveinlancs
    daveinlancs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Had my ear pierced yesterday...love it :devil:
  • xnikkixsikkix
    Options
    Gauges are a form of measurement, the jewelry is called plugs or tunnels.

I've had more than my fair share of piercings, most of which are retired now. I still have my ears stretched to 0's, my lip pierced, and a HCH piercing.
    When I hit my goal weight I plan on getting my septum, collarbones and sternum re-pierced for the third time.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    i do not have any gauges but i do admire the small to med sized ones i see. For me the large ones are a tad off putting but that's why i don't have any. More power to those that do

Piercings i only have my ears pierced.
    No ambition to pierce anything else
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    has anyone else had problems with top ear cartilage healing?

a few years ago i did that and it seemed to never want to heal. I just took out the earring and let it close.
  • xnikkixsikkix
    Options
    Those with gauges... do you not agree.... grossest thing about them
    EAR GUNK

I have stretched ear lobes (along with quite a few other stretched piercings and other modifications), and they do not get ear gunk and they do not smell, because I bathe regularly and take care of them well. o.O

Also, the number of times I've been seeing them referred to as "gauges" in this thread is making me cringe.

THIS
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I got into it a bit. I had: 2 holes in my right earlobe, 4 in my left, both tragus, quarter industrial on my left ear, nose, navel and both nipples.

These days all I have left: a tiny nearly unnoticeable rhinetstone in my nose, 3 holes in my left earlobe, 2 in my right, my right tragus and my navel.
  • HelenMcBride
    Options
    I am gonna give it a bit longer...its probably my fault for changing the stud before 12 weeks...but the one they used was awful...the back was causing a blister, and the point was damaging my skull, I have put a hoop in it now, and it seems better...fingers crossed! :D
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I like some piercings but hate gauges.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I like tattoo and piercing. I have 6 tattoos and numerous piercings in my ears and my nose is pierced. Not a fan of the guages though. Especially the really big ones, just think they look silly. But if you have them and like them, that is all that matters.
  • adamskidxo
    Options
    I have 14mm gauges in each ear and had 5mm in both ears on my second lobe piercing but took them out so i can just have a stud :)
    also have my tragus pierced on both ears and a couple tattoos :)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    To be honest, each to their own as far as piercings go and what's actually in them. I have 2 piercings in both my left and right ear lobes, with an additional piercing through the top of my right ear, all with earrings.
  • I really wanted my tragus doing but the guy i go to for my tattoo's doing (I've got 4..... so far) said it was too small so he kindly refused to do it as he didn't want it falling out in 2 years and leaving a scar! :o(
  • Oh i also had my left nipple pierced about 10 years ago but the ball fell off (it was a bar) and i never replaced it so just left it to heal! Kinda miss it every now and then.....
  • karagetsfit
    Options
    PET PEEVE

THEY ARE NOT CALLED GAUGES! GAUGE IS THE SIZE!

That being said, my ears are STRETCHED to 1-1/8. I have been all the way up to 1-1/2. My plan is to get back up to 1-3/8.

I like them on other people when they are STRETCHED correctly.

Also- I have had my ears stretched for over 11 years now.
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I got my nip piercings a few years ago. They started at 16 and while still healing I regauged them to 14. Kept them about a year and had to close them because they got torn (and trust me that hurt). Still thinking about reopening but not sure. I like my tats better.
  • crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Oh i also had my left nipple pierced about 10 years ago but the ball fell off (it was a bar) and i never replaced it so just left it to heal! Kinda miss it every now and then.....

thats cute :)
  • hello0okitty
    hello0okitty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i love piercings, only wish my parents were a little more open-minded (but i survive ha). My first lobe piercings are stretched to 7/16th and i totally understand why many people dislike them or are irked by the site of big tunnels. Personally, i love them, but i also own quite a few pairs of gorgeous rhinestone and opal plugs which I've gotten numerous compliments on- many of them from people who didn't realize that they were anything other than flashy earrings. I have a second set of lobes which i dont wear too often, and in my left ear i also have an upper cartilage piercing (helix), a rook, a conch and i use to have my tragus, but i've since removed it. in my right ear, i have a snug piercing and a forward helix. Originally, i wanted an industrial, but i'm sort of glad i didn't because i've never met anybody else with my combination of earrings. I also have my bellybutton pierced, and a monroe piercing which i loooooove. next week, i am rewarding myself with a septum piercing (which more people hate than "guages", but is also easily hideable) and eventually, i plan on getting my other monroe to complete angelbites. : )
  • sassydebbie67
    Options
    I use to have my tongue & nipples done but had to take them out years ago...........
  • bethabell66
    Options
    I have my tongue pierced now for the second time. Hurt like hell going through the scar tissue this time around. Also have my ear peirced on the upper cartiliage and yes healing takes forever on those too.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    love piercings and not a fan of gauges!

i think i've had every facial piercing but i decided to tone it back a bit!
    current piercings
    - monroe
    - right nostril
    - septum
    non face
    - finger micro dermal