9pm and you have 90 cals left. What do you eat?

Options

Replies

• UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    For the most part, if i'm feeling desperate i try to go to bed early or take a nice hot bath and go to bed. But if i'm desperately hungry, i will cook a huge batch of veggies, or have a big ol' bowl of lettuce with balsamic on it and maybe even a few shrimp ;-).
  • leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow...
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    YOU DONT EAT AFTER 7 DRINK A GLASS OF ICE COLD WATER.

That's funny, I ate over 1000 cals at 9:00pm last night, and still somehow woke up this morning...crazy.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    yogurt, sugar free/low fat pudding, fruit, string cheese, baby carrots, chocolate milk, apple sauce
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Nothing and praise myself!

or

Hop on the elliptical for 30 more minutes then

Popcorn...
  • char982
    Options
    omg it's 9:13 and I have 94 calories. How weeeeeiiirrrdd.
  • tomwashere
    tomwashere Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    An ounce of good scotch.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I usually find myself getting pretty tired between 9-10pm..if I must have something, maybe a cup of milk or a really light snack..like some yogurt and head to bed soon after.
  • Minu135
    Options
    If I'm hungry and still plan on being awake for another few hours, a few almonds with string cheese or my new favorite is low fat cottage cheese with some raisins.

I always check my nutritional values for the day as well, if my sugars are up, i'll stick to something high in protein ... always drink some water first to make sure your not thirsty

Hope this helps!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    With 90 calories left, you could have 2 No Sugar Added Fudgesicles for 40cal each!!

Fudgesicles.... yummmmmmmmm!

2 Cups Light Butter Fit and Active Microwave Popcorn for a total of 80 calories

A big handful of baby carrots - about 70 calories

Vanilla lowfat yogurt - 70 calories

Pistachio nuts - 30 kernels = 96 calories

1 medium pear - 80 calories

Cherry Vanilla Light Yogurt - 80 calories

1/2 cup 1% Milkfat Cottage Cheese - 80 calories with sliced tomatoes on the side: 4cals per slice

17 slices Turkey Pepperoni - 70 calories

1 cup Sugar Free Jello - 20 calories

1/2 of a large sweet potato - baked - 90 calories

2 slices of American Cheese - 90 calories

Ore Ida Sweet Potato Fries - 22 fries - 85 calories

Applesauce, unsweetened - 4 oz - 40 calories

1 slice D'italiano Light Italian bread - 40 calories with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow (any flavor) - 35 calories

Hope this gave you a few ideas for quick, low calorie snacks. However, after 8pm I really try not to eat anything. But that really depends on how late you go to bed and how active you are this time of night.
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I would say either let it go or a apple or cucumbers!!
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    There are so many small snacks. It all depends on how hungry you are. There's 3 Hershey's Kisses, an apple, a full cup of any flavor Arctic Zero, a small banana, or 1 of almost any type of Girls Scout Cookies. The only problem with the cookies is, well let;s face it! Who can eat just 1?!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    nothin'. Go to bed.
  • PhilBox
    Options
    Brush your teeth. Then you won't fancy anything! :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    YOU DONT EAT AFTER 7 DRINK A GLASS OF ICE COLD WATER.
    lol wat

My thoughts exactly. You can eat whenever you want. People who work the night shift aren't automatically fat for eating late.

Honestly, it's 90 calories. It's not a huge deal. If it was 900, then I'd say eat something.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Chocolate pudding the sweet temptation cup around 70 calories with light reddi whip on top ;)
  • AureliaMel
    AureliaMel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If it's after 9 I only try and justify a snack if I've recently worked out. It's good for muscle recovery and ensures I'm not just eating out of boredom.

For instance tonight, I did an additional mile on the treadmill (at 8:30pm) and decided to split a banana with my husband. Satisfied my sweet tooth and gave me the carbs my body craved!
  • oldgirlfowler
    Options
    If you are craving sweet food... have some almonds, it will stop the cravings... if you dont want to eat anything, clean your teeth... everything tastes a bit yuck with freshly cleaned teeth!
  • mmarie111
    Options
    I love the question and all the comments! I have to eat something every night at 930 with a medication I take whether i am hungry or not, so I have to save about 100 calories, which is so hard on 1200! I usually go for a nutrigrain lowfat waffle (70 cals, but watch the carbs! I have to save room for those too) and the tiniest bit of pecan butter. It feels like dessert to me!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Low-fat popcorn and a Coke Zero.