9pm and you have 90 cals left. What do you eat?

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    String cheese or a mini candy bar.
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    i'll have a piece of fruit normally, like a plum. Tonight I had a turkey hot dog- zero fat, like 40 or 45 calories. no bun.
  • mamacakes3
    mamacakes3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jamba frozen Strawberry Lemonade bar (70 cal)... OR two small chocolates (like Hershey's Bliss - 35 cal each). Depends on if I want tart or sweet treats!
  • james_tew
    james_tew Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I always and I mean ALWAYS have a tub of diet jelly made up. 250 grams of diet jelly is about 20 cals. Gives you that sweetness and it just fills the gap. I also have a big drink of water and then lay down and count the sheep. If I wake up in the middle of the night and I am hungry I usually have a protein shake or if there is some cold meat in the fridge a couple of pieces to keep the metabolism kicking along throughout the night.
  • cejubitz
    cejubitz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My husband loves pickles!! I really like the hot cocoa with no added sugar. Usually about 60 or 70 calories. Or you could have popcorn!
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Raw almonds, slowly.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I don't eat before bed.
  • ndpendentlady
    Options
    Try not to eat past 8pm. Drink a bottle of water to give you the satisfaction of bein gfull.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Try not to eat past 8pm. Drink a bottle of water to give you the satisfaction of bein gfull.

Meal/eating timing is irrelevant. You could eat while you're sleeping (as long as you don't go over your calories) and it wouldn't matter one bit.

Anyhow, how about half a serving of greek yogurt and half a cup of blueberries or raspberries. Apples are usually only 80 or so calories. Or you could probably have one cookie.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    This, usually:
    1059431_pb_love_2.jpg
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    grab a bunch of grapes! but make sure you sleep atleast after an hour
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, fruit...or I would treat myself to hot tea w/ a bit o' honey or a cuppa joe :)
  • smithrod
    Options
    I try to not eat after 8PM, you don't have time to digest the food you put in your body before you go to sleep. Try some yogurt or veggies. If you are hungry you need to eat, just don't pig out or eat unhealthy things. Good luck!

17838144.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BubblesOnTheGrind
    Options
    Me too Pickles are filling and soooo good and vry low calories!!
  • nisemac
    nisemac Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1. Decide whether you're actually hungry or not. If you think its hunger, drink water first.
    2. If it is indeed hunger, an apple, some carrot slices, small yogurt.
    3. If you arent hungry and are just focusing on the extra 90 calories, brush your teeth and drink some water. find something else to focus on. polish your nails, do a facial, read a book, listen to some music. avoid eating because you're bored. just because the calories are there, doesn't mean you HAVE to eat them.
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    just curious, and i also need ideas ive been pigging out at night.
    nothing.
  • pcrowley01
    Options
    a nice cup of sleepytime time tea.... relax and reflect on a job well done!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    2 Hershey's Hugs. :-)
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    just curious, and i also need ideas ive been pigging out at night.
    Nothing! Just in case I've over-estimated my exercise calories.

I agree. I'd rather play it safe. An apple would be okay, if you're hungry. I recently read, "If you don't want to eat an apple, you're not hungry." (from a Reader's Digest article)
  • BubblesOnTheGrind
    Options
    Wow thats crazy!!!!! i never thought bout that maybe try a water pill if u love pickles...