Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    i used to be on your team!
    i was like 197 or something
    but my kids and marriage and life
    prevented me from posting alot and keeping up
    and i didnt want to be the one to bring down the black team!
    great job you guys!
    you all have done so well!

Congrats on your successes!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Reflection.

When I started I looked like this:
    beforen.jpg

And as of today I look like this:
    afteru.jpg

Nicky, You definitely look good. What a change! Keep up the good work.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Sara - So why do I need a 20-pound weight? Or were you just trying to throw me off the trail? :huh:

Tresa and Nicky - You girls look fabulous! :flowerforyou:

A year ago I was 4 months pregnant with Harley. In the past year, I gave birth, lost 30 pounds of pregnancy weight plus 10-15 more.

Here's my before picture from last August...

37wks3days-1.jpg

Okay I guess that's cheating. :laugh:

I don't have a real full-length before picture but I have some early-during and later-during. I've never been brave enough to post these on the public before and after thread but I :heart: my black teamers so I'll post here. The first ones are from December when I was about 5 pounds down from pre-preg weight. The second ones are from March (before I started yo-yoing). They're only about 10 pounds difference but there's a little difference.

121508front.jpg
    121508side.jpg

31509front.jpg
    31509side.jpg
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    LORI! You look great!!! "a little difference" You goof ball. I can really see a difference in your tummy area.

Oh...take your 20lb weight. Pick her up. Give her kisses. Put her down. There. That's it. :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Oh...take your 20lb weight. Pick her up. Give her kisses. Put her down. There. That's it. :laugh:

:huh: Then I do that workout dozens of times a day! :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

:huh: Then I do that workout dozens of times a day! :laugh:

Well, fine. Go get your 100lb-ish weight. Pick her up. Put her in the tub. Bathe her. Come to my house & do it again. with 50lb weights. There. :tongue:

:laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Lori-- there's a great difference-- you're looking awesome! Nicky-- you, too-- keep it going, sweetie-- you're looking super. Tresa-- you look like a totally different person. I would never have known that was you-- wow. You look fabulous-- and I love the pictures with your hubs.

Heck-- you all know how I feel-- Lord knows I ramble on ad nauseum, so I'll spare you further reflections. Suffice it to say that during this year I learned how to conquer and own my lifelong enemy. Through the "love and compassion" of my online "strangers"-- this wonderful community, I learned to cut myself some slack, not be so hard on myself, be proud of the things I should be, and get in touch with my "warm and fuzzy side."

I've learned to love exercise and healthy eating. I've mastered NOT turning to food in stress. I've learned to temper the psychological throes of weighing less and looking better. If you're not grounded, looking good for the first time in a lonnnng time can really mess with your head, and your ego, and you can become a real, first-class jerk to the people in your life who loved you even when you didn't look so good. Beware.

Ive learned to temper my time here, and not take away from the people who need me-- so, all in all, a good year.

Love to all-- Sara-- sweet challenge this week. You rock, young woman.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :smile:

Thanks everyone.

Tresa you look GREAT!

Loree you too! How brave posing in a swimsuit. :)

Marla - Even when I was thin I always felt ugly. ALWAYS. ugly and fat. I have some pictures of me at my lowest weight (AND GOSH DARN I WAS TINY!!!! Alarmingly so) and all I remember from that time is feeling HUGE. Now I look back and it all seems so sad.

I had to get to my highest weight before I learned to love myself. And don't worry, I'm not vain! I still think of myself as a plain girl, but now I recognize that beauty is only skin deep. Just like they say in fairy tales!
  • Marla64
    Options
    it is goofy, no?, how we see ourselves-- Nicky, you're adorable. But, you have to see that-- kooky, isn't it?

I had the opposite problem-- when I was at my heaviest, didn't matter how much hubs told me positive things and showed me love, I couldn't see myself as anything other than gross and not worthy of ANYTHING.

I lose a couple of pounds and begin to feel and behave like my you-know-what doesn't stink if I'm not careful. That's how it was back in '92, last time I lost significant weight for a wedding I was in, and looked "hot, hot, hot." Behaved like a beast, caused mundo trouble--

Maturity and growing, presumably, in God's grace has kept it in check this time. I'm just so tickled to be able to share this with my family who loved me even when they couldn't fit their arms around my SpongeMarla Fatback to hug me.:bigsmile:

:heart: :heart: :heart: Nicky-- :drinker: here's to healthy self-perception.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    it is goofy, no?, how we see ourselves-- Nicky, you're adorable. But, you have to see that-- kooky, isn't it?

I had the opposite problem-- when I was at my heaviest, didn't matter how much hubs told me positive things and showed me love, I couldn't see myself as anything other than gross and not worthy of ANYTHING.

I lose a couple of pounds and begin to feel and behave like my you-know-what doesn't stink if I'm not careful. That's how it was back in '92, last time I lost significant weight for a wedding I was in, and looked "hot, hot, hot." Behaved like a beast, caused mundo trouble--

Maturity and growing, presumably, in God's grace has kept it in check this time. I'm just so tickled to be able to share this with my family who loved me even when they couldn't fit their arms around my SpongeMarla Fatback to hug me.:bigsmile:

:heart: :heart: :heart: Nicky-- :drinker: here's to healthy self-perception.

Goodness! I'm all about healthy self-perception and I'm feeling the love. :smile: Thanks Marla!!!!

SpongeMarla sounds adorable. But non SpongeMarla is adorable too. :) How are you feeling?
  • Marla64
    Options

Goodness! I'm all about healthy self-perception and I'm feeling the love. :smile: Thanks Marla!!!!

SpongeMarla sounds adorable. But non SpongeMarla is adorable too. :) How are you feeling?

Much better, thanks-- almost back to normal. Took a couple small walks with the fam yesterday and will possibly try and run a couple steps this weekend.

Biggest pain in the butt is waiting for the "drain" to stop oozing. I had so much infection, the doctor had put in a drain which, natch, he took out before I came home. But, the incision that was there for the tube he said would close up on its own once the draining stopped totally. And that I shouldn't shower until then. I'm about sponge bathed out-- I want a shower!!

But, all in all-- not bad!!! Thanks for aksin!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Ok so here I am with hubs on our honeymoon cruise. We didn't sit out by the pool in our bathing suits because we both thought we were to fat. (he did gain 7 pounds in 3 days though)
    771661364_l.jpg
    Here is me at the start of my fat loss journey
    Untitled-1-1.jpg
    And here is me today about 5 minutes ago.:laugh:
    034.jpg
    021-1.jpg

My mom and hubs are the only ones in the family that have seen me now so when we go up to NY in july I hope to be down 20 more pounds and they will all be amazed!
  • Marla64
    Options
    okay-- so two things--

1) You look absolutely incredible-- congrats-- keep it going, fearless one! :smile:

2) Your husband is a total cutiepie-- yum! :devil:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    okay-- so two things--

1) You look absolutely incredible-- congrats-- keep it going, fearless one! :smile:

Thanks on both and he looks even better now. He has lost about 42 pounds!
  • Marla64
    Options
    okay-- so two things--

You two must then be just a gorgeous couple-- so proud of you-- congrats to you both!!!!!!
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Your husband is a total cutiepie-- yum! :devil:

Man, you are all about checking out other people's husbands! :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Sam - You look great! You look so much younger now too! :flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    okay-- so two things--

You two must then be just a gorgeous couple-- so proud of you-- congrats to you both!!!!!!

There is a pic of us in my profile with him at his lightest I have ever seen him. and Thanks again.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam - You look great! You look so much younger now too! :flowerforyou:

Thanks. You look great as well. I will never ever be in a bikini so congrats to you!!:smokin:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Your husband is a total cutiepie-- yum! :devil:

Man, you are all about checking out other people's husbands! :laugh:

I see a cutiepie, I call it thus-- I can look, as long as I don't touch. :wink: