Black Team - Part 19ish

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Sam, don't take this the wrong way but...congratulations on getting fired. I just know everything will work out fine and just knowing you'll be happier is great.

good thing about what happened was I thought I was getting fired but they laid me off so I get to collect unemployment, get all my vacation time paid and they gave me a severance albit small it's money I didn't have.

I already am so happt that I never have to go back to work there.:flowerforyou:

Sam I am so happy for you. I just know there is a job for you where you can use your talents and be happy and healthy.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I want to thank you for the challenge this week Sara:smile: I think its just what we all needed! I actually have cried reading from your start post here with this weeks challenge, to reading every single post in between to now. I am just so proud of everyone, including MYSELF. Thank you for forcing us to take a long, hard look at how far we've come. I know for myself, and Im sure alot of us do it...I get so wrapped up in lose, lose, lose those pounds, and so wrapped up in what that darn scale says each week, that I forget to stop and REFLECT on how far Ive come, and the ups and downs thus far in that journey. I forget to stop and BE PROUD of myself and LOOK at those before pictures and even moreso I forget how I used to FEEL mentally and physically before starting this journey. The pictures, the being able to RUN, being able to take stairs, playing tennis, playing with the kids, being outdoors AT ALL, well...all of that truly speaks volumes. We ARE awesome! We DO rock! And thank you for making us see it:flowerforyou:
    Everyone looks fabulous, I enjoyed reading all the stories so far and seeing all the before and "so far" pics. I am going to take some more time to REFLECT before I post mine, and Im going to try and get some really "telling" before and so far pics posted on here. Ive never been able to figure out how to post pics in the threads..but Im gonna give it the old college try soon...I promise:blushing: SO if you guys hear me screaming for help in the next few days....you'll know why:laugh:
    Have a fantastic weekend everyone...
    ~Roni
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Before
    2652_1072583340103_1391735831_30203716_1552908_n.jpg

Current
    2969_1133120213487_1391735831_30335155_1595709_n.jpg

LAURA!!!!!!!!!! You look FABulous!! Or is that flabulous?? SEVETY FIVE POUND!

smiley-dance010.gifsmiley-dance010.gifsmiley-dance010.gif
    I am so proud of you.

Laura, You look AMAZING:flowerforyou:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Hello...Hello...Hello...Man its echoing in here. Where the heck is everybody? Looks like I am going out to run Week 9 Day 3. Maybe someone will be here when I get back.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    nutty day-- no time to play-- more later!!!!!!

:smooched: :heart: :smooched: :heart:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Drum roll please.....I have officially finished C5K. Just got back from doing week 9 day 3. I feel amazing and so proud of myself.:love:

Drinks are on me...water, of course.:laugh:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Drum roll please.....I have officially finished C5K. Just got back from doing week 9 day 3. I feel amazing and so proud of myself.:love:

Bobbi that is so awesome!! I am so proud of you!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jimswmn
    Options

Bobbi that is so awesome!! I am so proud of you!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Thank you! :blushing:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Awesome, Bobbi-- must feel so wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    our totals are up!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    benihana.jpg
    nyc019-3.jpg
    41309001.jpg

Jeannie! Your letter was beautiful & so are you! You just look a million times happier & healthier than the "before" pics! You must be sooo proud of yourself! *hugs* :heart:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Awesome, Bobbi-- must feel so wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marla, It really does.
  • Marla64
    Options
    hey-- 9 days post-op and I got my first run in-- wowwww-- felt so good. Ran 1.5 miles then walked one-- legs are tired, but it felt wonderful.

Sara-- glad you arrived in TN- safely !!!!!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Ok the challenge....

I've been reflecting and it's probably best that I just let the thoughts flow out of me lol. We often refer to this process as a journey and there is a reason for that. A journey from one point to another requires effort. So does this. A journey takes you places you may never thought you would find. This has been no different. A journey is filled with wrong turns and right turns. ups and downs and most good journeys have a cast of characters that can make you laugh, cry or fill you with joy. This has been no different. It's no wonder so many refer to this as a journey. Mine is around six months in the making and I already feel light years from where I started. I spent 28 years of my life taking better care of my car than I did my own body. What machine could ever be more important than our bodies, yet for so long I did nothing but neglect the most important gift that god gave me. I spent so much time walking through halls of hopelessness. I had given up. I was meant to be overweight. I was born to have health problems and I had accepted the fact that I would die younger than I wanted too. I had every excuse in the book. Then my dad started getting sick. And it really sunk in...That was going to be me. My dad's not perfect but he is my dad and I love him. I started to think about losing him and how he is way to young to be as unhealthy as he is. Then I thought of my boys. They really love their pupa...and then I realized it. They love me more.....My wife loves me....Being selfish wasnt an option for me. It couldnt be hopeless and no excuse could explain away how much I love them. So I finally took this seriously. Looking back I realize that it took very little time for me to realize that when I thought I had to do it for them I wasnt seeing that I had to do it for me. Looking back I see myself on my first day doing a tai bo video and really feeling like I was going to die. I see myself a month later thinking that I needed something more challenging. The elliptical my first day at the gym was a beast and I hated it. 30 mins with no resistance made me feel like joining the gym was a mistake. Today I went 45 mins at 20 resistance and that was considered a day "off" I didnt run because when I tried to I couldnt keep my pants up because they are just too damn big. When I started I could barely squeeze into a size 48" waist. Today I got a pair of 36" buttoned. King of the muffin top in those...but I have confidence that wont last long. The cycle is broken here. I will live a healthy life and teach my children what I know. Every minuete of every day is better. I feel like a different person today than I did in november. And I am happy...honestly happy. I look forward to the effort and taking every step on the journey that will last a lifetime. Better faster and stronger. No place to go but up and I will see the rest of you at the top.

Me last may:
    041.jpg
    this past summer
    fatties.jpg

Me this may: month 7 of my journey:
    007.jpg
    008-1.jpg
  • Marla64
    Options
    Andrew-- you're just a livin' doll-- I love how in touch with YOU you are. I'm inspired. It's taken me all of my 44 years, and I'm still learning who I am, and what makes me tick. And that's only through the aid of my hubs-- so, hats off to you, my friend.

And you're right-- doing it for everybody else and for all the reasons you stated is all well and good-- they're super reasons. But, bottom line, we've got to do this for U-S. Everybody else in our lives benefits, and that's icing on the cake-- but my motivation is to conquer this demon, this defect and own it.

I was just telling my husband tonight that I wish I could contact the woman who inspired me last June. I was sitting in the waiting room of the doctor's office for my son, and the Joy Fit Club on the Today show featured Cathy somebody from Ohio who had lost 150 pounds.

I watched her story and thought, "Enough-- if she can lose 150, I can take off 50." I went home and bought Slim-Fast-- this was on my birthday last June. I set my goal of 50 by my next birthday.

I found this site on my daughter's birthday on July 22, looking for an online calorie counter for my watermelon. I was tiring of SlimFast, too, and wanted to "eat." I was led here-- and I've not looked back.

Andrew and all-- you're right-- we're not who we were. I never want to be her again. We're so much better. We're so much stronger-- physically, emotionally-- spiritually.

okay-- gabbing again-- it's been a good day-- heading to bed.

I, too, am loving this journey-- love how it led me to all of you-- you're the best.:heart::heart:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    our totals are up!

Thanks Sam, we adore you:flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Options

What an awesome feeling that must be Bobbi!! Congratulations, I am so proud of you:drinker: You look great by the way:happy:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Before
    2652_1072583340103_1391735831_30203716_1552908_n.jpg

Current
    2969_1133120213487_1391735831_30335155_1595709_n.jpg

LAURA!!!!!!!!!! You look FABulous!! Or is that flabulous?? SEVETY FIVE POUND!

smiley-dance010.gifsmiley-dance010.gifsmiley-dance010.gif
    I am so proud of you.

Laura, You look AMAZING:flowerforyou:

I 2nd that!:flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Ok the challenge....

I've been reflecting and it's probably best that I just let the thoughts flow out of me lol. We often refer to this process as a journey and there is a reason for that. A journey from one point to another requires effort. So does this. A journey takes you places you may never thought you would find. This has been no different. A journey is filled with wrong turns and right turns. ups and downs and most good journeys have a cast of characters that can make you laugh, cry or fill you with joy. This has been no different. It's no wonder so many refer to this as a journey. Mine is around six months in the making and I already feel light years from where I started. I spent 28 years of my life taking better care of my car than I did my own body. What machine could ever be more important than our bodies, yet for so long I did nothing but neglect the most important gift that god gave me. I spent so much time walking through halls of hopelessness. I had given up. I was meant to be overweight. I was born to have health problems and I had accepted the fact that I would die younger than I wanted too. I had every excuse in the book. Then my dad started getting sick. And it really sunk in...That was going to be me. My dad's not perfect but he is my dad and I love him. I started to think about losing him and how he is way to young to be as unhealthy as he is. Then I thought of my boys. They really love their pupa...and then I realized it. They love me more.....My wife loves me....Being selfish wasnt an option for me. It couldnt be hopeless and no excuse could explain away how much I love them. So I finally took this seriously. Looking back I realize that it took very little time for me to realize that when I thought I had to do it for them I wasnt seeing that I had to do it for me. Looking back I see myself on my first day doing a tai bo video and really feeling like I was going to die. I see myself a month later thinking that I needed something more challenging. The elliptical my first day at the gym was a beast and I hated it. 30 mins with no resistance made me feel like joining the gym was a mistake. Today I went 45 mins at 20 resistance and that was considered a day "off" I didnt run because when I tried to I couldnt keep my pants up because they are just too damn big. When I started I could barely squeeze into a size 48" waist. Today I got a pair of 36" buttoned. King of the muffin top in those...but I have confidence that wont last long. The cycle is broken here. I will live a healthy life and teach my children what I know. Every minuete of every day is better. I feel like a different person today than I did in november. And I am happy...honestly happy. I look forward to the effort and taking every step on the journey that will last a lifetime. Better faster and stronger. No place to go but up and I will see the rest of you at the top.

Me last may:
    041.jpg
    this past summer
    fatties.jpg

Me this may: month 7 of my journey:
    007.jpg
    008-1.jpg

Andrew, I enjoyed reading about your journey. And your photos...wow! What an amazing transformation!!:drinker: You truly rock, and you are my hero and my inspiration:flowerforyou: And did anyone else notice how much younger Andrew looks in that last pic of him flexing his guns?:wink: And ohhh so happy....cheers to you my friend and I plan to see you at the top!:happy:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    hey-- 9 days post-op and I got my first run in-- wowwww-- felt so good. Ran 1.5 miles then walked one-- legs are tired, but it felt wonderful.

Sara-- glad you arrived in TN- safely !!!!!!!

Girl, I totally envy you:blushing: The most I can run right now without dropping to a walk again is 60 seconds:noway: And trust me, they are 60 LONG seconds:laugh: Way to go, Im so glad that you are feeling better:flowerforyou: