Black Team - Part 19ish

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Sam - just went & checked out your hubby in your pics! He looks awesome, too! I agree with Lori. The weight loss has made you both look much younger! :heart:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    3BB, I still love your haircut it makes you babelicious.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

:laugh: I read that as "bubblelicious". I was like, "Ummm...thanks?" :laugh:

Thank you, Lynnie! :heart: i did highlights, but haven't had it "done" since I did the highlights 2 days ago so I've refrained from taking a pic. Maybe today...
  • lynniejones
    Options

Thank you, Lynnie! :heart: i did highlights, but haven't had it "done" since I did the highlights 2 days ago so I've refrained from taking a pic. Maybe today...

Oh oh oh! Pics please?! What color highlights? Blonde? Red? do share...
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Blonde in the front a little. Leap of faith on my part. I think I was inspired to go dark in the fall, though.
  • lynniejones
    Options

Blonde in the front a little. Leap of faith on my part. I think I was inspired to go dark in the fall, though.

Yay I can't wait to see.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Great challenge Sara. I have come a long way from who I was 10 months ago. Losing 30 pounds is the least of it.

When I started on MFP I was 168 pounds, which was a problem, but not THE problem. My cholesterol was sky high, I literally had to roll off the bed in the morning because my neck hurt so bad and my muscles were all too weak to compensate.

I was winded walking 1 block. A flight of stairs were like a Freddy Krugar movie to me.

Worst of all, I did not believe in ME any longer. The injury defined who I was as a person.

Someone who couldnt lift a sack, sweep a floor or walk a flight of steps without oxygen.

The first week I ate 'normal' and wrote everything down. Then on Saturday, I logged it. Then cried for 2 hours. :frown: I mean really, what was I thinking putting 5000 g of sodium in my boddy in a DAY!

So I started slowly, eliminating the drive by junk food. Then incorporated fruits and veggies, fish and chicken, olive oil and almonds. Set up 6 meals a day, made sure I had protien and complex carbs in each one.

I may be 30 pound lighter, but it feels like a MILLION!!

Now I jump out of bed without thinking. I take the stairs and go 5 flights and on the 5th flight start to get winded and muscles grown (I actually got a chance to go up 6 flights of steps in the end of June, then the same stairs in March....I was like Rocky at the top!!) I burn out the elliptical for 45 minutes and have a hard time getting to 200 calories. This shows me my body is in MUCH better shape than before.

I am in a size 8 at this point, and would love to lose another 10-15 pounds to complete this leg of my journey at a size 6. My biggest goal is to have enough fat gone so I can SEE the muscles I have formed by my hard work, without doing a mini 'lift' in the area!!! (see bat wings!!)

To anyone starting your journey: Take it slow, you can do this!!

:heart: Jeannie
    I am going to eat well, and exercise more. If I happen to lose some weight along the way..BONUS!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Yay I can't wait to see.

Nice to see you back lynnie oh how I have missed you! And you and your sister look fabulous!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    benihana.jpg
    nyc019-3.jpg
    41309001.jpg
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Everyone looks so good. I love the stories and the goals.

Kisses and hugs to all my Black Team buds!!

:heart: Jeannie
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Sam, thanks I am so glad you mailed me the other day. You are a great team leader and a beautiful woman. You look so wonderful!

Jeannie, you know you are my inspiration and my hero. I love the happiness I always see in your face.
    Always have, always will.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Shuntae, Lynnie, and Jeannie - You girls arll look fabulous!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I saw on the motivation thread that the other BL teams seem to be disappearing. I just want to say that I :heart: the black team. We don't all post all the time but we still post a lot and we're really here for each other as a team. Go black team!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Great challenge Sara.

You all look so fantastic - I'm getting so much inspiration by seeing the before/after photos - thanks for posting.

I will be on later folks - need to think hard about this one (big surprise, huh Lynnie)..

Yak at ya later friends..

Janie
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :frown:
    Why did I have to read the forums? ARGH. They always make me so angry.

Just popping in to say that you guys all look fantastical. :smile: Keep on, keeping on and soon we'll see our goals.
  • janiebeth
    Options

Just popping in to say that you guys all look fantastical. :smile: Keep on, keeping on and soon we'll see our goals.

oh, which one???... I'm up for a good fight...

Janie
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Great challenge Sara.

You all look so fantastic - I'm getting so much inspiration by seeing the before/after photos - thanks for posting.

I will be on later folks - need to think hard about this one (big surprise, huh Lynnie)..

Janie

Yes indeed girlfriend. You and I are hard on us. I know your beauty tho dear and it's going to be okay.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

Janie

Haha. I feel like I'm always fighting because it just makes me angry when people are so rude to each other. ): I need to stop reading so I stop fighting.

But I'm not saying which one! Haha. Because it's not worth a bit kafluffle.
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Great challenge Sara.

Janie

Yes indeed girlfriend. You and I are hard on us. I know your beauty tho dear and it's going to be okay.

Yup, just need to get my head in the right place. Perhaps a nice walk by the beach or some good music.

thanks for the encouragement - it means a lot to me.

and you look fantastic in that dress - WAY TO GO GIRL!!
  • janiebeth
    Options

Janie

Haha. I feel like I'm always fighting because it just makes me angry when people are so rude to each other. ): I need to stop reading so I stop fighting.

But I'm not saying which one! Haha. Because it's not worth a bit kafluffle.

I don't really get it either. When I have a serious disagreement with a post, I usually just don't respond. Perhaps this is "snobbish" of me, but I don't think some of the strong opinions out there really want me to disagree with them.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Wow Shuntae...You look great, what a change. Keep up the great work:flowerforyou: