Black Team - Part 19ish

Options

Replies

• lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    :frown:
    Why did I have to read the forums? ARGH. They always make me so angry.

Just popping in to say that you guys all look fantastical. :smile: Keep on, keeping on and soon we'll see our goals.

oh, which one???... I'm up for a good fight...

Janie

Haha. I feel like I'm always fighting because it just makes me angry when people are so rude to each other. ): I need to stop reading so I stop fighting.

But I'm not saying which one! Haha. Because it's not worth a bit kafluffle.

I don't really get it either. When I have a serious disagreement with a post, I usually just don't respond. Perhaps this is "snobbish" of me, but I don't think some of the strong opinions out there really want me to disagree with them.

I try not to, but sometimes I can't help myself.
    I don't try to fight and I never think I am always right or I know it all. I just get angry at stupid crap.
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Great challenge Sara.

You all look so fantastic - I'm getting so much inspiration by seeing the before/after photos - thanks for posting.

I will be on later folks - need to think hard about this one (big surprise, huh Lynnie)..

Yak at ya later friends..

Janie

Yes indeed girlfriend. You and I are hard on us. I know your beauty tho dear and it's going to be okay.

Yup, just need to get my head in the right place. Perhaps a nice walk by the beach or some good music.

thanks for the encouragement - it means a lot to me.

and you look fantastic in that dress - WAY TO GO GIRL!!

Thank you Janie. You are such a doll.
    You make me smile.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So seems like I have been starting a lot of my posts with so.
    This morning I woke up and felt like crap, fever, chills, sinus pain, runny nose and I go into work still. when I get there I tell the boss at the pool that I don't feel good and that when the other girl gets here I'm gonna go home. She tells me that I have a meeting with HR at 10:30 would have been nice if they told me that anyways I put 2 and 2 together and realized that they were firing me. so I get into the meeting and sure enough they fired me. Gave me e severance pay and have to pay me all my vacation pay and I can get unemplyment because they told me that my position was no longer needed just like they did to my husband.I'm happy with this and now maybe my weightloss will start up again.

I have some house cleaning to do so I will talk to you all later!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You know... I have been sitting back and reflecting and really while I've managed to get my eating habits under control for the most part (I don't sit down and eat EVERY spare moment I have!, and I don't rely on food for emotional support) I've REALLY slacked off on the exercise.

I just found myself getting EXTREMELY run down and completely exhausted. Today, for example, I had to physically struggle to wake up. It took a half hour to pull myself out of bed and normally I'm just not like that. So I've cut back on the exercise again.

They say exercise is supposed to give you more energy but in six months it hasn't. I eat my exercise calories, I do everything you're supposed to but the bottom line is I have to sacrifice sleep to get in the exercise and it just doesn't work.

So I'm trying to figure out an alternative way to work in some exercise time without sacrificing sleep. I've been thinking of exercising on my off day (Sunday) and then on the evenings I don't work twelve hour shifts (Mon-Tues). That will be three days a week exercise as opposed to the five days I was doing but at least it will be something.

I hear again and again don't make excuses. This isn't an excuse. The reality is I work a LOT and when I'm not working I'm doing casual work (choir, etc). And I can't cut back any of these activities because I need the money. Desperately. I mean if I cut back choir I literally won't have money for food. Bottom line is I can't do my job properly if I'm so tired I'm falling asleep just because I woke up early to make time for exercise, or stayed up late to make time for exercise, and I have been getting in some trouble at work for being so tired. :frown: I can't afford to get fired over this!

The good news is I only have to keep this up for another two years (all my debts will be paid then!). The bad news is I have to figure out alternatives in the meantime.

It'll be hard because usually on my off day (Sunday) I crash... and I crash HARD. I've been known to sleep the entire day. :frown: But I'm just soo tired all the time. Despite that I will figure out a way to get my run in on that day. Somehow.

PHEW! LONG POST!

Bottom line is I know I can keep losing weight without exercise so I've just come to a point where exercise has taken a back burner. It's not on my list of priorities because it makes me too sick.

SERIOUSLY GOING TO STOP TALKING ABOUT ME NOW.

Bohlon - ): You seemed really unhappy with your job so it's good that you're out. Hopefully everything will work out okay for you. Have fun with the house cleaning!

Lynnie - Have I mentioned before how much I love your hair? It makes me smile everytime I see it.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Nicky- I'm glad you have figured out what works for you. Take care of yourself and things will fall into place. You look AMAZING, by the way!

Sam- I'm glad you were able to get out of that work situation. No job is worth your health and sanity.

Lynnie- Glad to see you...and you look HAWT in that dress! Congrats to you and your sister!

I am so not feeling this today. Glad tomorrow is Friday!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Okay-- assignment-- stop what you're doing-- good.

Go outside. Stop. Breathe deeply-- smell it? That fresh, spring, beautiful aroma-- ???

That's me-- !!!!!!!!!!

I did my part this day towards eliminating noxous fumes pouring into our environment--

My drainage incision FINALLY closed up and I was able to take my first shower since I got home. I've taken my last sponge bath !!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Clean at last. Clean at last. Thank God, almighty, I'm clean at last. :wink:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam- I'm glad you were able to get out of that work situation. No job is worth your health and sanity.

Thanks and maybe just maybe I will be a little bit nicer to my kids and husband!:happy:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Okay-- assignment-- stop what you're doing-- good.

Go outside. Stop. Breathe deeply-- smell it? That fresh, spring, beautiful aroma-- ???

That's me-- !!!!!!!!!!

I did my part this day towards eliminating noxous fumes pouring into our environment--

My drainage incision FINALLY closed up and I was able to take my first shower since I got home. I've taken my last sponge bath !!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Clean at last. Clean at last. Thank God, almighty, I'm clean at last. :wink:

I was starting to smell some funk down here!:wink::laugh:

Glad that your incision closed up finally. With both kids they never told me not to shower. I was up and in the shower the next day. I did have stiches but still that is weird to me.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Okay Sara...here ya go

Dearest Bobbi,

Its time to take a trip down Memory Lane. When your journey on MFP began 6 1/2 months ago, you wanted to be healthier and thinner. You wanted to make sure you were able to run around with Alex, get down on the floor and play and not worry about getting up. You didn't ever want to hear, be careful not to hurt Nana. At this time, you have achieved a thinner body and lost an amazing 18 lbs. You are well on your way to that healthy life style.

Remember starting C5K, afraid you'd never survive Week 1 and here you are one day short of finishing Week 9. You can run for 30 minutes and are actually planning to run in not 1 but 2 5K's this summer. Pretty damn impressive for someone who was never a runner.

Remember getting Jillian's 30 Day Shred and thinking what are you thinking. Not only have you done the shred but you have actually done all 3 levels on one day.

Remember starting to walk and it took you 10 minutes to walk a third of a mile. Having to stop because you couldn't breathe, your back hurt, your legs hurt. Finding out that you had asthma. Two meds and an inhaler. Now you can do that same lap 4.38 and when you walk you don't even have your inhaler with you. You have managed to cut back on your dependency on that darn thing. I know you still use it when running but not all the time.

Remember how you felt when Melissa brought that dress for you to wear to the wedding and it didn't fit. Remember how proud and psyched you were when you wore to Easter Mass. The way Jim looked at you, you saw it all in his eyes. When she saw the pictures and said" Mama what did you do with the rest of you?"

Remember how when Amanda would talk about all that exercise crap as you used to call it and you could feel your eyes glazing over. Now you call her and ask about all that "crap". What should you do now, then what. How excited she is when you reach those new goals. How cool she thinks it would be if she can be home to run the July 5K with you.

Now to look forward. You see I will turn 50 in 2010. In 2010, I want to be in the best shape of my life. You see, life doesn't end at 50, the ride is just beginning.

Really loving you!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    99394_1045_thumb.jpg

First photo is at my heaviest, April 30, 2006. Beautiful girl with me is my daughter, Melissa

99394_1450_thumb.jpg

Today April 30, 2009...18 lbs lighter. And much happier.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Dear Samantha,

I want you to know that you have come every far in about 6 months time. Remember that you weighed more then you do now when you got married and when your husband tells you that he loves your naked body say thank you instead of yuck!

You can run farther and faster then you ever have and who would have thought that you would head out to the treadmill last night with a runny nose and a sinus infection and run 2 miles? The last time you were sick you laid in bed and whined. (you did wake up with a fever this morning but you did get out there and do it)

Ever since you married into this family you always said that you didn't want to be the big girl in the family but never did anything about it until now. I'm proud of you! Just remember you will NEVER be the thinnest one but you can be the healthiest one.

By April 2010 I would love to see you run a half marathon. I bet by then you could be in great shape and ready to do one of those.

The last thing I have to say to you is the most important one! No matter what you are doing this for YOU and your children not to be like the other women you see that are skinnier then you! You ARE ready to be healthy!

Love always and FOREVER!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Thank you sarah for lining up this inspiration buffet.

Amazing....simply amazing.
    I am so glad to be part of this team and for one of the rare momments in my life....I am just about speechless.

Sam, don't take this the wrong way but...congratulations on getting fired. I just know everything will work out fine and just knowing you'll be happier is great.

Marla's oozing goop hole closed up! :drinker: Cheers to one less oozing goop hole in the world. :drinker:

Bobbi-Run lady Run. Your strength is incredible.

Nikki-Dont worry about the excersice. the sleep is just as important. It sounds to me like you have a VERY busy lifestyle and I think that eating right should do the trick. Rest lady, Rest.

Everyone looks sooooo good in there pictures.

I need to put a bit of thought into reflection the last three days at work have been a few of the most difficult I have ever dealt with and I need to sit back and process that before I take the time for this. I am looking forward to giving some time to this challenge. It's just been a tough few days and a run will do me good right now.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Before
    2652_1072583340103_1391735831_30203716_1552908_n.jpg

Current
    2969_1133120213487_1391735831_30335155_1595709_n.jpg
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Before

Current

talk about looking younger! You look great and you are doing a fantastic job!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Before

Current

talk about looking younger! You look great and you are doing a fantastic job!

Thanks Sam...I can't believe I was ever that big...my face looked like a balloon about to burst! Some days I still feel so huge and hopeless but looking at that before picture makes me realize how far I've come...I swear I've lost all 75 pounds from my cheeks!
  • lynniejones
    Options
    75 pounds is so amazing! You look beautiful.

And Sam, dear... I am so glad you go severed. You are going to be so much happier now!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam, don't take this the wrong way but...congratulations on getting fired. I just know everything will work out fine and just knowing you'll be happier is great.

good thing about what happened was I thought I was getting fired but they laid me off so I get to collect unemployment, get all my vacation time paid and they gave me a severance albit small it's money I didn't have.

I already am so happt that I never have to go back to work there.:flowerforyou:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I need a break.
    This place kind of completely discourages me.

I don't even want to get in everything. I just spent a few hours reading the boards and came away from it so sad that I honestly feel I shouldn't be here. I can't be spending my few off moments being discouraged and saddened and frustrated! I made a few comments and you know people have been PMing me to air their frustrations (I knew I was frustrated but I had no idea there were others feeling the same way!). People who are too shied by the crowd to speak up for themselves and that just made me all the more sad. What kind of place has this become?

I love you guys so I'll be around on Weds. for weigh in, to check the challenge and to say hi but that's it. I COULD just hang out on our Black Team thread but I'm too much of a compulsive person to avoid the other threads if I do that. I've been gone so much because of the move that it won't make much difference anyway. :smile:

I'm still part of the team! Just a silent member from now on. If you need me just send me a PM! I'll still be logging food/calories so I'll kind of, sort of, be around.

And now I'm off to bed. With a sad heart. Thankfully tomorrow is a new day and I'll be brushing my feet.

I guess you can't teach the world to sing in harmony. :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Before

Current

LAURA!!!!!!!!!! You look FABulous!! Or is that flabulous?? SEVETY FIVE POUND!

smiley-dance010.gifsmiley-dance010.gifsmiley-dance010.gif
    I am so proud of you.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Current

LAURA!!!!!!!!!! You look FABulous!! Or is that flabulous?? SEVETY FIVE POUND!

smiley-dance010.gifsmiley-dance010.gifsmiley-dance010.gif
    I am so proud of you.
    [/quote]

Look at your face, your jaw line, your chin. You are absolutely glowing. I am so proud of you I cant even voice my feelings. {{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}} to you my dear friend. Keep up the good work and bikinis in south beach it shall be!!