Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Ok part two for me to,

The letter to myself.

Dear Andrew,

A bit of advice,

If you think you know how strong you are....Your wrong. Your stronger than you think.
    If you think you know the limits of what your capable of....Your wrong. Your capable of more.
    If you think you know your worth.....Your wrong. Your worth is imeasurable. Never ever place limits on yourself again. Work hard for the things that you want and dare to dream of bigger better tommorows.
    Never lose site of the things that matter. Family above all else. You have good to do and a heart filled with love that must be given relentlessly. Never forget where you have come from and the people and places that have made you who you are. Share every bit of what you have learned with those who walk the path you have walked. Love your children deeply. inspire goodness within them and create a legacy of love that will be felt for generations. Remember that a healthy body is only part of the puzzle. A healthy heart and a healthy mind must not be neglected. Treat life like something to be lived. Dont treat it like something you have to "make it through". Love and support your wife, She's the best friend you'll ever have and the only person amazing enough to love you until you croak. Everything one day at a time, don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy the journey.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Beth, you look amazing...keep up the good work!

~~~~~~~

On to part 2 of my reflection, the letter to myself. Here goes...

Dear Shuntae,

I don't tell you this nearly as much as I should, but I am so proud of you for taking charge of your health and your life at such an early age. You have come so far...did you ever in your wildest dreams imagine that you would be training for a 5K race?! I'm so glad you didn't spend your youth hating yourself for being heavy when it was so easy to with the well meaning comments, etc. Not being conventionally "hot" made you develop well-rounded personality and intellect. Even better, it clicked that part of loving yourself is caring about you enough to look out for your health by eating nutritious foods and staying active. The fact that you have the tools, knowledge and most importantly CONFIDENCE to beat this monster called obesity should inspire you to pursue any goal you have in life. You have such an amazing future to look forward to...a wonderful life with BF, your future children and grandchildren, and many memories with them. It will be great to be able to be active and show your family what a healthy lifestyle looks like. (Not to mention being able to fit into an amazing wedding dress one day without having to lose weight to do it! :bigsmile: )

By this time next year, I expect you to maintain your current weight, but be even stronger. You need to continue pushing yourself in any way you can and step out of your comfort zones. It's okay not to be good at everything, because you only fail when you refuse to try.

Keep up the good work, and keep inspiring yourself. This is the only life you get, so make it as happy and healthy as you can.

I'm super proud of you, and most importantly, I love you.

Love,
    Me.

I'll Raise my glass to that! :drinker:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Andrew - I noticed that everybody else posted one letter but you posted TWO. Hmm. :huh:

Everybody (including Andrew) - Your letters were all great! It was cool reading all of them, almost like reading a page from everybody's journal. :flowerforyou:

Sara - Did you expect to be giving everybody A's for their awesome letters when you came up with this challenge?

BTW, Andrew - Dave is disappointed that you won't be weighing in for the last 2 "official" weigh-ins for the Biggest Loser challenge. He has been trying for the last 18 weeks to beat you :laugh: and he wanted to really push it and try extra hard for the last couple weeks.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Ok tell ya what. I will give yah two more weigh-ins before my scale abstenance begins. Tell him I said Bring it =)

lol

BTW....one was my reflection the other was my letter so THERE. I am not that competetive dammit!

:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Lori-- :laugh: :laugh: You kill me--

So, am I supposed to write a letter to me, too? Hmmm-- we'll see--

Heading to type-- just had a great run-- mile and a half run, mile walk. Pretty pooped when I was done. May rest tomorrow--

Love my team!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

The letters and photos of all are amazing. You guys really rock!!! Everyone looks and sounds so healthy and happy - hats off to all of you, I am so proud of this team.

I am however saddened by a couple of developments:

nicky - I miss you. I don't know what happened to make you leave, although I do know you have been struggling with the threads. I hope you can manage to ignore the difficult threads so that you can stay with us and continue your journey. My thoughts and hopes are with you on your path. :brokenheart: :flowerforyou:

I have been somewhat absent on the posts lately. We found out early Thursday morning that my MIL had lost her battle with lung cancer (I posted on this one that day we were all getting gushy). It has been a particularly difficult time for all and I just haven't felt up to posting. We will all be OK, and she is really in a better place, so don't worry. I will be back at it on Weds (including weigh in - which I dread after all this comfort food, and lack of pool:grumble: )

Stay strong in your journeys all. You have come so far - time to keep it going.

Peace and love to all. Janie
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Oh Janie,

Prayers and blessings to you and your family during this time. We have all been there and we feel for you. :flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Oh Janie,

Prayers and blessings to you and your family during this time. We have all been there and we feel for you. :flowerforyou:

thanks Andrew - it means a lot to me..

seriously, I think the threads on this site save me a bit during times like this - just need to pick the right ones to lurk..

take care.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Janie-

Your family is in our thoughts during this time. *Big hugs*
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Janie-

Your family is in our thoughts during this time. *Big hugs*

thanks Shuntae - :heart: :smooched:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    ((Janie)), You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.:heart:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Love and prayers, Janie-- :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Okay, now try not to scare it but did anyone notice my ticker? :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Go Bobbi-- go Bobbi-- go Bobbi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's beautiful!!!!!!!

Mine moved, too, today-- we're gettin' there, woman!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Bobbi, Marla- Congrats to you both on your losses...getting so close!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options

:smooched: :smooched: :smooched: Thanks, Shuntae!!!!!!!
  • jimswmn
    Options

Thank you Marla and Shuntae :smooched:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Quiet night. lol

Hope everyone is having a good night!

:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Janie, I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family, from mine:cry:
  • Marla64
    Options
    All right-- we'll try this-- should be interesting--

Dear Marla--

Please do not bore these people with your usually lengthy musings. Keep this brief, if you can. Sheesh.

When I look back on the last, oh my gosh, 10 years I sometimes can't recognize you. Not only physically, but emotionally and spirituality. You've undergone quite a metamorphosis-- sometimes kicking and screaming. Eventually, you gave in, admitted and embraced what was right and good, and good, strong changes occurred.

You've lost a lot as a result. You've lost family. You've lost friends. But, you gained the strength that comes from standing up for right, no matter what. You came to agree that it doesn't matter what your last name is, Sherrard or Brown, if one is not respectful, or worse-- just plain evil-- they stay away from my family.

That came at a price-- and it hurt a lot-- but you survived. The realization of a lot of your childhood crap, and the effect it had on you even as an adult was truly enlightening. Through it all, you finally learned to become introspective and grounded, and not like a boat on the water, tossed about by emotions, never knowing what makes you tick, why you're acting out of anger that you didn't even realize you were carrying-- never realizing who the anger was truly directed towards.

That paved the way for you to finally conquer your physical demons. Unlike with the emotional ones, which hubs helped you to see and battle, this one you took on all your own. You had to overcome old family habits, which you detailed in your 5k blog-- no need to rechew your cud. But you did this on your own. Yes, hubs helped you to see the love of running, but you took on the 5k mantle all on your own. You found this site. You took the initiative to get yourself under control physically-- and look at you now.

You are now a blissful 8.5 pounds from goal. You look wonderful. You feel better. You've made incredible friends along the way, and learned so much from them and hopefully lent something to them as well along the way.

You now have the opportunity and responsibility to share what you're learning with your children-- one of them specifically right now. You made a good start today talking to her, and helping her. Keep going-- you now can speak from experience, not like YOUR dad did when you were a child-- sitting obese in his chair eating, as he criticized you for getting "hippy."

All in all, lady-- I like you just fine. You've come a long way, and I'm really proud of you. Keep going-- never get complacent. Keep growing every day-- and try to be a blessing to the wonderful people in your life, here and at home.

God loves you-- he gave you a wonderful husband who loves you-- 9 gorgeous kids who are happy and healthy-- all in all, not bad.

Now, chatty Cathy-- get your *kitten* back to work--