What words do you have trouble pronouncing?

Options

Replies

• snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    I have never been able to say "abracadabra". It comes out as "abercadaber" every time unless I say it SUPER slow. And I also can't say "rural"
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I was just talking about this yesterday, lol. Philisophical. I can't say it correctly 9 out of 10 times, unless someone literally says it first. Whenever I want to use the word I verbally put out a disclaimer... because I am a little obsessed with spelling and pronunciation. *DANG OCD TENDENCIES* :grumble:
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Mississippi and Massachusetts.

They come out 'mis-a-shippy' and 'mash-a-shoo-shets'
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    rural
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I can't say my R's, so apparently I have a Boston accent or something....or, quoting my friend, "You don't have an accent, you just talk funny. LOL." Haha xD Wrist watch= wish wash. And yeah...wabbit....wascal...quacker (cracker)....etc.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    According to my husband, "aunt" and "Italian" I say funny :/

I say "aunt" how it's spelled, and supposed to be pronounced (not like the bug, 'ant')

And "Italian" I say with a short 'i' instead of EYEtalian. He makes fun of me >:(
    It's "ih-tal-yen", not EYEtalian. Americans always piss me off with this!
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

I say "aunt" how it's spelled, and supposed to be pronounced (not like the bug, 'ant')

And "Italian" I say with a short 'i' instead of EYEtalian. He makes fun of me >:(

I am VERY American, and have NEVER said EYE-talian... so I don't think it is an American thing. :indifferent: :tongue:
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options

I am VERY American, and have NEVER said EYE-talian... so I don't think it is an American thing. :indifferent: :tongue:
    Not all people who are American say EYE-talian, but all people who say EYE-talian are American, as far as I've seen. :P
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Feature comes out as future, and version comes out as virgin...;(

I always try to correct myself, though...
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Massachusetts!!!! I can never go to Boston :'(

It comes out as Mashtatootsess.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The two words that a lot of folks here in England seem to have problems with are my name, Kyle and that of my colleague's, Karl. Somehow they always seem to sound the same and so often we get confused for each other at work (and it doesn't help that he took over my old job! :laugh:).

Of course as a Scot, when I say Karl it's sometime like there's a schwa between the r and the l as if it were writen -Karǝl

We do the same with film which comes out as filum :happy:
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    wheelbarrow.. I always say wheelbarrel
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    These words:

"Wallstreet has my best interests in mind".

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • petkova
    petkova Posts: 72
    Options
    Screwdriver ... (and all other words in English) .. but then again I am Bulgarian so my eastern European accent is killing hahaha
  • elcyclista
    elcyclista Posts: 393
    Options
    Polypropylene.

Or maybe I do say it properly but I haven't heard it from someone. Just from reading. XD
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    worcestershire sauce

Oh yes! How could I forget this one??!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I have trouble pronouncing "liked" when talking casually. I say (liked-ed) in two syllables lol. Someone brought this to my attention yesterday during a conversation :/ lol
  • punkybuddah
    punkybuddah Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ihave trouble saying NO when im offered another drink in the bar :0

But to be fair i cant say tsunami so i just say big wave :D
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I can't say the phrase "I edited it" it always comes out something like "I editeded it". It's like having a weirdly specific stutter.
  • ValHallaGirl
    ValHallaGirl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Omg.. I can't even talk right sometimes so, words are always coming out wrong. I have lived in Texas (two different areas) for a while and I blend in now. I can't say any day of the month with 6th in it that's one of my worth i think, there's too many to make a list.