Lighten the **** up!

Options
I just had a Kit Kat Chunky.
No regrets.

Some of you take calorie counting and weight loss far too seriously.

Remember, you are human and you only have one life to live. Do something with it!

Don't spend all your time obsessing over carbs and macros and calories. I hear some of you saying 'oh, it's my friends brithday and I can't have any cake' or 'my partner just ordered takeaway and I'm not allowed to share it with him!'

Wrong.

You cannot - SHOULD NOT - let calorie counting rule your every waking moment. You can't do this to yourself! You're human and deserve to let yourself enjoy things in life. Stop depriving yourself of enjoyment and experience because 'there's too many calories' in it.

Some of you just eat fruit and vegetables and protein all the time.

WHAT THE ****?!

Christ, treat yourself to a chocolate bar now and again. You deserve it! You shouldn't feel like you have to deprive yourself of anything!

One Kit Kat Chunky will not make you gain 10lbs instantly. It can be good for you - boosting your metabolism, and make you feel better for earning it.

If you're losing weight properly (1 or 2lbs a week, not crash dieting) then a little treat will not make you gain weight!

Please, you're human. Enjoy being human.

DISCLAIMER: Obviously, I'm not saying eat junk all the time. But you should allow yourself a treat. Deprivation never works. Trust me.

This turned into more of a rant than I expected.

Ta for reading :)

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    :heart: Applause!!! :heart:
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    amazingly put!
  • horsesandhipbones
    Options
    Woohooo! :happy: You're so right there! Everybody needs a wee treat sometimes x
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    :heart: the most sensible post ive read in ages :drinker: oh and have you tried the peanut butter chunkys their gorgeous?
  • Julesbriff
    Julesbriff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well Said - totally agree!!:bigsmile:
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Agreed!
  • Marty_D
    Marty_D Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Amen to that........someone get me a COFFEE CRISP!! just the one tho :-)
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Agree with that! :)
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You know what? I agree totally. This for me is a change of lifestyle, not just a diet, and because of that it has to be sustainable for the rest of my life. That means there's nothing I can't eat, it's just a matter of being sensible about it :)
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    :heart: the most sensible post ive read in ages :drinker: oh and have you tried the peanut butter chunkys their gorgeous?

Gracias! No, not tried the Peanut Butter ones, but I hear they're good. Might treat myself tomorrow :)
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Some people may just not like sweets or junk food *shrug*
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I totally needed to read this today. Hubby wants to go out for lunch and all I could do was obsess over how I could fit it into my daily intake.

You're right. We do need to enjoy things now and again.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    What's a Kit Kat Chunky? I've had green tea Kit Kat, but never heard of a chunky version...

Although it's probably because, when I get to the candy aisle, I head straight for the coconut Twix and/or Butterfinger :bigsmile:
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Now bring on the wine. :laugh: :drinker:
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I eat junk all the time, but it still fits. To alot of people it's about sticking to their goals, staying disciplined and consistent to reach their 3 month or 6 month goal or whatever. Alot of people have trouble plateau'ing in their weight loss, or they get frustrated while they can't lose weight.

It's one thing to eat whatever you want as long as it fits in your macros and calorie intake (aka IIFYM), but it's another thing to tell people that they are "taking this calorie counting and macro thing way too seriously".

For your information, it's this calorie counting and macro things that we "take so seriously" that works and works well if it's followed correctly.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Do what is right for you and don't worry about other people.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Yay! Well said!! :drinker:
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    STB!!!! Hooray!!! smiley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Don't tell me what to eat!!!

(someone had to disagree)
  • curiousmissclay
    Options
    Oh I do love a kitkat chunky specially the white chocolate ones.Good choice.
    x
This discussion has been closed.