• GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Now bring on the wine. :laugh: :drinker:

I'll drink ta' that! :drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    I just came from watching the "Lorax" and had 2 hot dogs, a tray of nachos and cheese, popcorn, Milk Duds and Raisnettes along with a diet Cherry Coke........................total calories 1856. And I still have room for dinner.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I definitely treat myself but you have to remember that you would never tell an alcoholic that just one drink won't hurt them. To some people sugar and food is an addiction and having one candy bar or pigging out one day can send them back into unhealthy habits.
    Thank you. I don't know why people feel there has to be only one way to do this. Everyone is different. A treat once in a while for some people is fine. For some others, it can start a landslide. Why bash everyone who chooses only healthier foods, as if they're somehow stupid for wanting to be as healthy as they can be?
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    OP enjoy being fat.

Oh, christ! I'm not saying constantly eat fatty or sugary foods all the time! I mean lighten up and allow an occasional treat. You can still lose weight and enjoy a treat now and then.
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    YES!
    Totally.
    Love this rant :)!

However all in moderation :)!
    Exercise is what burns calories. Not eating less. Pfffft!

I lost weight while scoffing what I wanted when I wanted (because I didn't restrict myself, and had less craving for them when I didn't restrict myself)! Plus exercise!
  • Sheila1968
    Sheila1968 Posts: 106
    Options
    I happen to agree with the OP that when dieting/exercise begin to take all of the joy out of your life, then you are doing something that is counterproductive. Not once is she suggesting binge eating or going completely overboard - she is suggesting MODERATION and remembering what life is all about. Making yourself miserable (and those around you) just to be thin is not healthy.

If you are NOT miserable with what you are choosing to eat/not eat, then HER POST WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU. If you are happy with your choices, then you are not one of the people who whine about it.
  • kryptonitekelly
    Options
    OP enjoy being fat.

Oh, christ! I'm not saying constantly eat fatty or sugary foods all the time! I mean lighten up and allow an occasional treat. You can still lose weight and enjoy a treat now and then.

You're right.
    A lot of people take it too seriously. they eat 1 chocolate bar and say oh I'm a failure when they are within their goal, or just slightly above it...
    i understand if you binged but having just one? Naaaaaaah you'll not gain weight with just one. It takes a life time to gain a s**t load of weight! So the weight you lost, it wont suddenly come back by having one.
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great original post, I totally agree. A lot of the time the guilt and pressure that people put on themselves is more damaging than the offening item / meal / day.
  • michelleinpa
    michelleinpa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    my indulgence food is a cheese plate and a glass (or two) of fantastic wine...when the mood strikes..I work it in :) or else my brain would explode!
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    Great original post, I totally agree. A lot of the time the guilt and pressure that people put on themselves is more damaging than the offening item / meal / day.

Mmm, exactly!

If you worry all the time about those few extra calories, you will get over-stressed and potentially over eat because of this stress.
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    YES!!

bump

Amen, seriously. I could not agree more!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,979 Member
    Options
    I just had a Kit Kat Chunky.
    No regrets.

......and you didn't share? :sad:
  • cesctheman
    cesctheman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    While I agree and everything my treats are way too often...lol
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Maybe you don't understand that for some people it's all or nothing. Could I eat one cookie out of a package I brought home? Could I eat just one piece of cake? One candy bar? I'm not sure if I would have the strength to eat just one of anything, therefore I don't. I also think that once I ate one I'd want more...even on the next day. I'm glad you have the strength to do it.. more power to you but don't judge others because they can't. It's not just about eating healthy and exercising. Sometimes it's a mental issue too.
    I do however agree that you can't have the mindset that you're on a 'diet' and can't ever eat certain things. It's a lifestyle.
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    No regrets.

I'll send some your way if you like

Have some KitKat-related thought waves *zomzomzom*.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yey!!! Here, here.... :D
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Look at EVERY day of my diary and you'll see that I agree, haha :)
  • kryptonitekelly
    Options
    No regrets.

Sharing means little for the OP...get your own ;) lols :D
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If this works for you, great. But this type of thinking is how I got to weigh 344 pounds. I can't cheat. I can't allow myself "once and a while" to eat like that. For me, it's like an alcoholic having a beer "once and a while". So I choose not to indulge and that's how I have lost over 200 pounds. It doesn't make me mentally ill or uptight.

So if it works for you, great, but as for me, I'll stick to not cheating.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    This is a great post, but it took me a while to get a hang of this and realize its a lifestyle change not a diet I'm going to be on forever. So I most definitely indulge every now and then, but everyone is different and needs to do what works for them even if it's being obsessive about counting calories :)
This discussion has been closed.