Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lighten the **** up!

Replies

• I agree! I'm human. I like my treats. I eat whatever the hell I want in moderation, but if I go ahead and eat (gasp) an entire candy bar, I'm not going to flagellate myself or force myself to run on a treadmill for an hour to try to burn it off. Life's too short.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 265 Member
    I love me some good chocolate and wine!

People need to remember, it's not about cutting stuff out, but portion control. You can eat what you want, just don't be doing it 50000000 times a day!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Agreed, but then I've always known portion control, so its never been a problem for me, so I can easily say "Oh sure, no problem to enjoy a treat now and again...."
  • worej
    worej Posts: 108
    What the heck does it matter what I do? I don't need to eat candy bars to live life to the fullest... I'm glad you're happy to do so, if that's what you want, but different people have different priorities, you know?
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    :heart: Applause!!! :heart:

Yes. What she said. :love:
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Well said! This is an important reminder. It's not likely in 5,7 or 10 years from now we'll all be counting our calories everyday - at least I hope not as you said life is already short. It's a great approach to learning, about how and what you eat along with really understanding portion control but at some point it must become lifestyle.

I had a wonderful piece of Super Crunch Cake last Friday and I don't even have a sweet tooth but after losing 20 pounds that was my commitment to myself in learning moderation. If my friend has a birthday, my family have celebrations, of course I'm going to have some chips an dip along with load of veggies.

I got into this overweight issue by being out of balance, I refuse to simply swing the other way.

Good post OP and a nice reminder as we all head into another week.
  • Brennaohh
    Brennaohh Posts: 47
    I think some people have an all or nothing attitude that is hard to get over.
    If they eat a sweet, they'll keep eating them; they can't treat themselves to just one.

Or I am sure certain people don't think "bad" foods taste good enough, or are worth it to possibly inflict on their day.

To each their own.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Do what is right for you and don't worry about other people.

The best advice anyone can give or get.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    I just had a Kit Kat Chunky.
    No regrets.

Some of you take calorie counting and weight loss far too seriously.

Remember, you are human and you only have one life to live. Do something with it!

Don't spend all your time obsessing over carbs and macros and calories. I hear some of you saying 'oh, it's my friends brithday and I can't have any cake' or 'my partner just ordered takeaway and I'm not allowed to share it with him!'

Wrong.

You cannot - SHOULD NOT - let calorie counting rule your every waking moment. You can't do this to yourself! You're human and deserve to let yourself enjoy things in life. Stop depriving yourself of enjoyment and experience because 'there's too many calories' in it.

Some of you just eat fruit and vegetables and protein all the time.

WHAT THE ****?!

Christ, treat yourself to a chocolate bar now and again. You deserve it! You shouldn't feel like you have to deprive yourself of anything!

One Kit Kat Chunky will not make you gain 10lbs instantly. It can be good for you - boosting your metabolism, and make you feel better for earning it.

If you're losing weight properly (1 or 2lbs a week, not crash dieting) then a little treat will not make you gain weight!

Please, you're human. Enjoy being human.

DISCLAIMER: Obviously, I'm not saying eat junk all the time. But you should allow yourself a treat. Deprivation never works. Trust me.

This turned into more of a rant than I expected.

Ta for reading :)

^^^^^^^^^^
    This times 10!!! Thank you for letting it out!
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    i agree completely!! i had a large kfc last week and still managed to lose weight! its all about being able to keep it as a treat!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    People need to remember, it's not about cutting stuff out, but portion control. You can eat what you want, just don't be doing it 50000000 times a day!

This is true if your only goal is weight loss.

But if you also have a goal of health, then the truth of this would totally depend on what you want to eat and how your body handles it.
  • myf1101
    myf1101 Posts: 99
    I totally agree about the sensible post, and I love the peanut butter kit kat chunkys. Like the way you think. If you want to add me please do so, I am from the UK (Wales) and would love some new UK friends.
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    hmmmmm I wonder who you are trying to convince you or us?..............
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    I've worked really hard for what I have achieved ... So when indulging I know I need to step up my game the next day. But make no mistake ... I'm not EVER going without ! Whatever I fancy will fit into my day ... Just have to find the mojo to enjoy it and at the same time having a plan not to regret it !

It's the folks who think they deserve it and never work for it that end up regretting it ... The best things in life don't come in a package ... Your health is the key to happiness ... Put that first and you will always win !

Your point about not counting the calories or watching the numbers ... Sorry, I need to know what I will need to achieve to enjoy those moments fully ... But then again .. I'm all about the numbers !

Have a great Monday ! :smile:
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Unfortunately for some of us, there is no choice as far as rigid diet control. There is always another birthday party, holiday, visitor, or other temptation just around the corner and I am in the totally unenviable situation of every calorie does count for me. If I go over my allotment for two days in a week, I will pay for it with a gain. Period. Since my mobility and health depend on staying out of a wheelchair by NOT regaining the weight I have lost, I am pretty obsessive. I have to find better, healthier ways to celebrate or reward myself than by eating. If you can be more relaxed with your program, that is wonderful. Sympathy for those of us who can't .
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    And remember - 80% of people who lose weight GAIN IT BACK.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    "Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe dedicated."
    ~ Unknown Author
    like!
  • Have you noticed that the majority of the people agreeing with you have lost 25 lbs or less? There's a reason why counting calories is THAT important to those of us who are serious about changing our lives. Not caring what we put in our bodies is what got us where we are and I for one am not going to let sugar rule me anymore! Rewarding ourselves with something sweet is just stupid. It's like giving a person a cigarette to celebrate them quitting smoking. If you're not serious about tracking, why are you taking part in a tracking program.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Have you noticed that the majority of the people agreeing with you have lost 25 lbs or less? There's a reason why counting calories is THAT important to those of us who are serious about changing our lives. Not caring what we put in our bodies is what got us where we are and I for one am not going to let sugar rule me anymore! Rewarding ourselves with something sweet is just stupid. It's like giving a person a cigarette to celebrate them quitting smoking. If you're not serious about tracking, why are you taking part in a tracking program.

Did you ever stop to think we aren't ALL here to lose weight? But, to get healthy? That could be why their weight loss is 25 pounds or less.
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    What's a Kit Kat Chunky? I've had green tea Kit Kat, but never heard of a chunky version...

Although it's probably because, when I get to the candy aisle, I head straight for the coconut Twix and/or Butterfinger :bigsmile:

they make green tea kit kats?!?!!

i've gotta try that. O__O
This discussion has been closed.