50+ WOMEN FOR THE MONTH OF MAY

Options

Replies

• committed
    committed Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Barb,

You' are on target with the "committed" comment , most days I need a padded cell:laugh: :laugh: That's why I am anxious to be able to work in my garden - nothing like exercise to clear the mind and some days it seems I don't have much mind left to clear:laugh: :laugh: My husband isn't able to work anymore so I'll guess I will be "bean counting" for a while yet unless of course I can win the lottery.:bigsmile: Probably wouldn't know what to do with myself since I'm been doing the same thing for 30 years. I've been dealing with high blood pressure for the last 25 years so that's one of the reasons I'm trying to lose the excess weight.

Haven't done so great on my food intake - went to a business luncheon did great until they brought out the chocolate cheesecake with raspberry sauce :embarassed: :embarassed: I did leave three bites although I really wanted to eat all of it:bigsmile: Maybe it boosted my metabolism:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I can only hope!

I have a business trip next week so I've got my work cut out for me not to over indulge:grumble: :grumble:

Nancy:heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE,

BIRTHDAY CAKE, FUDGE ICING, VANILLA CAKE, CANNOLI FILLING, PINK BUTTER CREAM FLOWERS ON TOP.:tongue: I FOUND THE ORDER IN THE KITCHEN DRAW. I AM ALREADY DREADING IT AND LOVING IT AT THE SAME TIME. THEY TELL US AT WW TO THINK POSITIVE AND THAT WE DON'T NEED TO EAT THE BIRTHDAY CAKE AT EVERY PARTY. SO FAR I HAVE NEVER SAID NO TO BIRTHDAY CAKE.
    OTHER CAKES, I CAN DEAL WITH IT, BIRTHDAY CAKE, HAVE TO HAVE A PIECE. THIS IS MY SPECIAL BIRTHDAY, 65 AND I KNOW I WON'T SAY NO TO THE CAKE. SO, I GUESS I WILL HAVE MY ONE SLICE AND THEN GET BACK TO THE REAL WORLD. THIS WILL BE MAY 25TH, I HAVE TIME. MAIN THING IS TO GET ANY LEFT OVER SLICES OUT OF MY HOUSE. :explode: I REMEMBER AWHILE BACK,I READ THAT SOMEONE HAD DECLINED WHEN ASKED TO HAVE BIRTHDAY CAKE AND I THINK SOMEONE ELSE WROTE AND SAID THEY TOO HAVE DONE THAT. THEY ARE MY IDLES. :flowerforyou:

ANNE

Anne,

You are only 65 ONCE:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: , so don't stress, PLAN instead. I had my 55th last month and I had TWO slices of cake, BUT, I ate very light the day before and after, and I still lost the next time I weighed. My solution to the cake was to make SOMEONE ELSE take it. To be sure I couldn't stop for a "visit" and get another slice, I made sure the person who had the cake lived 75 miles from me.:laugh: :laugh:

I can tell you, the cake did taste good, and I enjoyed it without guilt because I knew I wasn't going to slide into "cake hell" for a week because it was in the house.

I know you will find the solution that works best for you. GOOD LUCK, and :happy: HAPPY Birthday, :happy: a little early .

By the way, I had to smile when you talked about admiring those who could resist the cake. Instead of making them "idols" you made them "idles"--sometimes the English language is a pain. We get "rained" on while "reining" in our appetites and once we hit our goal weight we "reign" supreme!! Try explaining THAT one to a non-native English speaker.:laugh:

Barb
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Hi everybody--

Well today I hit the trail near my house for walking, but I brought some company along-two little doggies. Needless to say, there was lots of sniffing and no chance of anything approaching warp speed in our forward motion. :laugh: We managed 2 miles in about an hour and twenty, including about 20 minutes of stopping for petting and admiration from passersby, and two rest and water periods.

The sun was out but there were enough clouds that it wasn't constant, and it was about 65 degrees. About the only thing that really got exercised was my patience. I had no idea how many totally fascinating things there were to sniff on that trail. Of course, my nose isn't as close to the ground, so maybe that explains it!!:laugh: :laugh:

One thin I noticed was that once we turned around and headed back there was lots more walkng and much less sniffing, so it took us less time on the return leg.

The slower pace was not all bad. Yesterday, I tried to do my usual routine quickly, since rain was head our way from the coast. I managed to only have to open my umbrella for the last 20 minutes. When I reached the end of my round trip, I realized I had gone 3.6 miles in 1 hour and 20 minutes!!! That was fine except that AFTER that, I had to go back to work for the last 4 hours my split shift. Those last two hours were VEEERRRY LONNNNNNGG.:yawn: :yawn:
    A good night's sleep and I was fine today.

Well, as usual, I am going to bed too late, but thank goodness I only work for 4 hours on Friday morning and then I am all finished.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. It is supposed to be in the 80's here on Sat and Sun, so my walking is going to have to get done EARLY.

Saturday is "weigh day" so I will be keeping my fingers crossed--makes it much harder to pick up a fork or a spoon.:laugh: :laugh:

Barb
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    This being on vacation is hard work. Actually I told someone that we weren’t on vacation we were just taking our life “on the road”.

I went to the local line dance class yesterday afternoon. We danced a few dances that I knew but most were ones I had to learn from a quick run through and by watching others. My brain got a good workout as well as my legs.

Today I had lunch with a friend----fortunately at a Vietnamese restaurant where I was able to choose stir fry vegetables in garlic sauce and not eat the white rice. Tonight we had dinner with our daughter and son in law and 7 month old grandson. We brought the food and cooked it so we had chicken breasts, salad, and broiled vegetables
    exactly what we would have eaten if we had been home by ourselves. I even brought my food scale and weighed the chicken to make sure the pieces were about 5 ounces. They have a WII fitness system and I finally got to see what it was. I’ve heard so many people talk about them and never knew what they did. What a great finish to an already good evening.

As someone who continues to “say no to birthday cake” I can tell you that I am unable to eat just a sliver or just one piece. The only thing that works for me is complete abstinence. It’s a good lesson I’ve learned for myself.

Jake had a bunch of phone calls to make this afternoon so I had the choice of being very quiet (something I don’t do well) or going somewhere else I went for a walk and since it was raining I drove to Target and walked around in there for 30 minutes. The store is so big that nobody notices what you’re doing.

One day at a time we’re making this work for us. I wish the same for all of you. Every event requires a plan.

Now it’s past my bedtime.
    Big hugs to all.:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Still on track. Not losing but not gaining.

:heart: Kathy

fn6_saltshaker.jpg
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning to everyone and i would like to give all the may birthday people a flower this must have been a wonderful month my bday is the 23rd and i am going on 56. the sun is coming out this is good because i am setting up another tag/craft sale busy weekend selling.. i have never made it to the brimfield flea market and they say its so good to see..

kathy love the salt shaker scarey thought about how much salt is in things though

barbie i have some friends who go line dancing and she says its a nice good workout for her

barb i always use the rain for an excuse not to walk now i am going to go buy a unbrella and not stay in anymore hay i use to love playing in the rain in those younger days..

ok my grandson just arrive so we are heading outside everyone have a nice day love debbie
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mornin' to all,

Yes, May is a great Birthday month. My newest Grandaughter was born this morning:bigsmile: :bigsmile: She wieghed 6lb and 13oz and everyone is doing fine. Her name is narrowed to three, but that's as far as Mama and Bapa have gotten. It's a day for celebration. I'll be careful, but there be more wine than usual:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:

Unfortunately the baby and family are in Saipan so it will be 2 weeks before I see her.
    More later,
    Happy Nana
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good morning

Congratulations on you new granddaughter Dricotta. that's wonderful.

I'm off now til Tuesday so I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Heather
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD DAY ALL.

MARIE, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE VERY GOOD ADVICE AND THE HUGS.:flowerforyou:

NANCY, THE BEST REASON IN THE WORLD TO LOSE WEIGHT IS TO BE HEALTHY. THE THINGS THAT COME WITH IT, LOOKING AND FEELING SO MUCH BETTER ARE A BONUS.

BARB, OK, I HAVE A PLAN. I WILL USE THE 35 EXTRA POINTS WW GIVES YOU FOR THE WEEK AND I WILL GET THE LEFT OVER CAKE OUT OF THE HOUSE. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT ON THE SUBJECT. I NEED ALL THE HELP AND IDEAS I CAN GET. THANKS ALSO FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES. :flowerforyou: YOU ARE TOO MUCH NOTICING THE IDOL MISTAKE. I TOLD YOU, YOU COULD BE A PROOF READER AND YOU COULD MAKE LOTS OF MONEY.YOU ARE SO GOOD AT IT. BY THE WAY,I HAD TO NOTICE YOU MUST NOT HAVE HIT THE G KEY AND YOU SAID ONE THIN I NOTICED. I HAD TO THINK OF RICKY RICARDO ALWAYS SAYING THING THAT WAY.:laugh: GOOD WISHES FOR YOUR WEIGH IN SATURDAY.

DIANE, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND THE WHOLE FAMILY. A NEW LIFE, A TINY BABY TO LOVE, HOW WONDERFUL.

DEBBIE, AS ONE OF THE MAY BIRTHDAY PEOPLE, THANKS FOR THE FLOWER. HERE IS ONE FOR YOU.:flowerforyou:

KATHY, I NEVER ADD SALT,BUT THE AMOUNT IN PREPARED AND PROCESSED FOODS IS UNBELIEVABLE. I HAVE TO CUT DOWN ON THOSE FOODS FOR SURE. THANKS FOR THE INFO.

ANNE
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    Sounds like everyone is doing well. First of all, let me add my good wishes to Anne on her BIG birthday!!! :flowerforyou: I'm all for celebrating, and I love cake (I guess that's why my ticker doesn't move in the right direction!:laugh: )

I had a good day. I subsitute taught Kindergarten today so I got out a little earlier than usual. It is such a gorgeous day here in the Northeast that I walked my husband to the Y and then kept on going. I walked almost an hour and talked to my mom at the same time on my cell. How efficient is that?!
    I have just enjoyed the warmer weather, sunshine, lush green grass and punches of color provided by the blooming azaleas and rhododendron. All is beautiful.

I'm also looking forward to another nice week-end. My oldest is flying in from a business trip and will sleep here Sat. night since his car is here. My middle one is coming home Sat. to play baseball and golf. My youngest one is back for the summer so I'm a happy mom once again. The older two will leave on Sun., but they're not far away so that's good.
    Hope everyone has a great week-end.
    Zaza
  • weaklink109
    Options

".........BARB, OK, I HAVE A PLAN. I WILL USE THE 35 EXTRA POINTS WW GIVES YOU FOR THE WEEK AND I WILL GET THE LEFT OVER CAKE OUT OF THE HOUSE. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT ON THE SUBJECT. I NEED ALL THE HELP AND IDEAS I CAN GET. THANKS ALSO FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES. :flowersforyou: YOU ARE TOO MUCH NOTICING THE IDOL MISTAKE. I TOLD YOU, YOU COULD BE A PROOF READER AND YOU COULD MAKE LOTS OF MONEY.YOU ARE SO GOOD AT IT. BY THE WAY,I HAD TO NOTICE YOU MUST NOT HAVE HIT THE G KEY AND YOU SAID ONE THIN I NOTICED. I HAD TO THINK OF RICKY RICARDO ALWAYS SAYING THING THAT WAY.:laugh: GOOD WISHES FOR YOUR WEIGH IN SATURDAY......"
    ANNE

I hope you thoroughly ENJOY your cake!! Glad I could help.:happy:

YOU should be the proofreader. As for me, I am good at finding typo's in my own copy when I read them later--like just before I posted this. I keep forgetting to run the spellcheck on my google toolbar. As for "thin" vs. "thing"--maybe it was my Freudian slip showing. After all, we are all about thinking "thin" around here, right??:laugh:

My typo's are a combination of posting later at night when my brain is on autopilot, AND the handicap of having a certain little doggie sitting on or near my lap when I am typing. I actually had to do part of this post one handed until I could convince him to move elsewhere.:laugh:
    Today he is especially clingy:heart: because I had to leave him alone while I took Mai Li to the vet to have her ear infection checked, as planned. We made the trip sans Pepper because this morning Mai Li was limping around favoring one of her front legs. Apparently our little excursion of yesterday was too much for the old girI.

I ended up carrying all 28 lbs. of her into the vet clinic from the car. The strange thing is she doesn't limp in the house, or inside the Petsmart store and the vet clinic, but put her outside on cement or asphalt and it starts. An examination revealed nothing, so it may be a soft tissue injury--or else she is making sure she isn't asked on any more walks!!!:laugh:

We have her on pain medication to see how she responds and another checkup next week. If I could program my car to drive itself, I would not need many destinations, work, the hiking trail and the vet clinic seem to be the only places I go, besides my parents' home.

I will try to catch up on posting later. It is too nice a day to spend it inside. I already did my 3.6 miles this morning, but outside is still calling.

Barb
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Kathy, If I say nothing else today I have to say how wonderful it is to see your picture of your old and new self. What an amazing transition. You absolutely inspire me. :heart: :heart: Thanks for sharing the picture.

Barbie
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL MY FITNESS PALS,

ZAZA, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE GOOD WISHES. ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND WITH YOUR FAMILY.

BARB, THANKS, I HAVE DECIDED TO STOP AGONIZING AND JUST ENJOY. MY COUSIN HAS YOUR PROBLEM,BUT WITH HER CAT. SOMETIMES MY E MAIL LOOKS LIKE THIS 00000000000========
    LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. SHE WILL SAY IT IS A MESSAGE FROM FOXY. I OFTEN WONDER WHAT FOXY IS TRYING TO TELL ME. :smile: HOPE MAI LI FEELS ALL BETTER SOON. I CAN WALK ON MANY SURFACES FINE AND THEN I WILL WALK ON JUST CONCRETE AND FEEL LOTS OF PAIN IN MY ANKLES. COULD IT BE THE SAME FOR YOU SWEET LITTLE DOGGIE??

KATHY, I THOUGHT THE ANSWERS TO THOSE QUESTIONS WERE RIGHT ON TARGET. WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN YOU FROM 2005 TO 2009, FANTASTIC!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    HAVE TO SEE IF I CAN GET MY SON TO SCAN MY WORSE BEFORE PICTURE, SO I CAN SHOW YOU.
    MY COUSIN HAS A HABIT OF SNAPPING YOU WHEN YOU ARE NOT AWARE OF IT. THIS ONE IS FROM THE SIDE/BACK. WHEN I SAW IT I WENT INTO SHOCK. TURNED OUT SHE DID ME A FAVOR, BETWEEN THAT PICTURE AND MY HEALTH GOING DOWNHILL, I FINALLY WOKE UP AND DID SOMETHING ABOUT MY WEIGHT. :blushing:

HAVE A FUN SATURDAY EVERYONE,
    ANNE
  • committed
    Options
    Kathy,

Your picture is an inspiration, you are looking great!:flowerforyou: You are definitely on the homeward stretch!

Happy Birthday to all the May birthday girls!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It looks like we are having a slight break in the weather here so I may try to work in my garden today. I'm leaving town tomorrow and coming back Wednesday and then I had the bright idea to use my 3 personal days (saving my vacation time) and with the Memorial Day holiday I'm not going back to work until next Wednesday :bigsmile: :bigsmile: - a mini vacation maybe I can catch up on things around the house. Of course I'll be on call, but I can deal with that since as long as I have an internet connection I can do whatever I need to do without going in.

I wasn't going to weigh until the end of the month, but I couldn't resist, After pigging out on the cheesecake and too many M & M's :embarassed: I was afraid I had messed up and I had to see if I was in trouble. I actually some how managed to lose a little. I've got to work harder on exercise and stay out of the sweets and drink more water.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Nancy:heart:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    Kathy, I love your before and after photos. You should be so proud of yourself. You really are inspiring.:flowerforyou:
    Today, I woke up inspired. I managed not to snack last night and I went to the gym first thing this morning. I even walked there and back. Now, I just have to control myself in the food dept. I better get my food shopping done now before my resistance weakens.:laugh:
    Have a great week-end everyone.
    Zaza
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Good Morning to all my dedicated and inspiring friends. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I had a great outing yesterday with my friend who is a WW life member. I told her I wanted to spend time with her doing something that didn't involve food. so we each made a list of errands, brought our reusable canvas totes and went off together. We spent three hours walking, shopping, trying on clothes at thrift stores, and ate absolutely nothing. I checked my step counter and we had walked about 6000 steps. We talked a lot about our dance classes and healthy eating.

In the evening I got an e mail from my cousin who admittedly has a weight problem. She is probably as heavy as Kathy's 2005 "before" picture. i had told her that I had lost weight and she was concerned about me because she didn't think I had any weight to lose.

We had great success preparing dinner for our daughter, son in law and grandson on Thursday. We brought organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 4-5 ounce portions, veggies for broiling (squash, mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomatoes, peppers) and salad makings (spinach, romaine, peppers, tomatoes, onions, cucumber, radish,sprouts) and spray dressing, spray oil, and spray butter. They loved the dinner and we stayed within our calories. They ground up some of the chicken and squash for the baby. He loved it even with all the garlic we used.

Today we're serving salad lunch in the motorhome to two friends.

Walking seems to be my only exercise but since the rain stopped, I can at least get outside which is better than walking around Target.

Time to clean house to get ready for company. Let's keep putting one foot in front of the other and walk off those pounds.

big hugs :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    We certainly do fill up our boards fast don't we:bigsmile: :bigsmile: It's really great that people check in so regularly. I think it helps us all.

Kathy: Let me echo what others have said. YOU LOOK GREAT!!!! :heart: :heart: It just shows how keeping at it, even if it takes awhile is certainly worth it.

I didn't lose any this week, but I'm not really surprised. My very pregnant daughter stepped on a stonefish, which is a very venomous critter. For 3 days I was so concerned about her and the baby. Then, as I posted yesterday she delivered a healthy little girl. But I was up and down through the night receiving update calls from Saipan. So my metabolism was all screwed up and I didn't eat the best.

I really don't care:bigsmile: The only thing that really matters is that April and baby Devika are OK.
    Here's a water toast to us all:drinker: :drinker: Diane
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Diane,

I forgot to say congratulations on your new grandchild. You must be counting the minutes until you get to see her.

Not losing is still better than gaining. When you get to Saipan you will be more relaxed and your body will be back to its old self.

Big hugs to you and your daughter and the baby,:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • committed
    Options
    Diane,

Congratulations on your new grandbaby,:flowerforyou:

Nancy