50+ WOMEN FOR THE MONTH OF MAY

Options

Replies

• healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Diane on the new grandbaby:flowerforyou: You must be so excited to get to see them. Big ((((HUGS)))) to you.

Marie:heart:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Diane, I must have missed the news about yoru new granddaughter. Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou: So happy that all went well and that you'll get to meet her in a couple weeks. Babies are just so precious.
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    :wink: I am just back on this site and am glad I did. I have been having an awful time with wanting sweets. I stopped yesterday at pier 39 in San Fransisco with my friend and instead of splurging on chocolate, my favorite, I bought a bunch of sugar-free. Ate all of it and am really sick to my stomach. It wasn't even good and didn't give me what I wanted. Now I feel so crummy .

I have diabetes so I can't eat the real thing. I want off this cycle of insanity over sugar. Any help please!
  • committed
    committed Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just read an article on "Personalized Cure for Candy Cravings" from the May 25th Woman's Day, I haven't tried it but it states that if you crave chocolate reach for Fresh Dates or figs rolled in Cocoa power, if you crave tangy treats: kiwi, pineapple or mango, tart sweets: grapefruit, tart dried cherries,Soft and gooey treats: Dried apricots or dried plums and if you are craving pure sugar like cotton candy: ripe bananas or raisins. I know bananas are a problem with diabetes, but I don't know if the other fruits would be an issue.

I don't know yet how they'll turn out but I'm thinking about trying some meringue cookies with cocoa powder and splenda. A lady I work with recently found out that she's a diabetic and she mentioned that she found some sugar free M &M's - I haven't seen them yet, but I may have to search them out.

I love the Woman's Day magazine, it's not expensive $1.79 and every issue has articles on different diets, hints for reducing calories and fat from recipes and a lot of good tips on a lot of things as well as some inspirational articles.

Nancy
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone and Best Wishes, Diane on that new bundle of joy. I bet you are counting the minutes 'til you touch down in Saipan.

This will be a short post, as I have to get ready to go out.

Today I decided to take time to explore a part of the walking trail system in my town that I had not yet visited. It was beautiful, like walking in a pine forest, with a creek running along side the trail, and nice and shady, which was fortunate because it's supposed to be at least 80 degrees here today, and since the last portion of my walk was done without the benefit of shade at about 2 in the afternoon, it felt more like the Sahara Desert. Thank goodness for hats!!:laugh:

By the time I finished, over 3 hours had passed and I had travelled 7.6 miles!!!:noway: The last mile my feet told me they didn't appreciate the journey,:grumble: but now that a couple of hours has passed and I have rested up, I feel fine. :happy:

There were quite a few people and a few "hot dogs" out as well--the first really nice warm day we have had on a weekend around here so far. Tomorrow we are supposed to reach 85, so I think I will take the "day off" :yawn: from any lengthy walking.

One nice benefit of these walks is that I am not hungry when I return. I try to stay well hydrated, and eat something during the trip to keep my energy level up. Today it was Craisins and string cheese.

I have decided to move my weigh day to Sundays, so we will see the results of today's insanity tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.:flowerforyou:

Barb
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Wow, Kathy....you do look great.:flowerforyou:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    It is nearly midnight here in the South. I think I am totally obsessed. I did not work out this morning or all day because of rain, could not walk and could not swim. My hubby and I work out at gym each night together. He got home from work and we ate out with daughter and granddaughter planning to work out after. He was tired after long day at work and left the decision up to me. I told him we could skip today. No big deal. Yeah right! When we got home I logged in my calores for the day and I was 400 over. I usually do not go over but if I do a little exercise always takes care of it. I sat at the computer reading blogs and feeling like I just had to work out. Finallly about 9 pm I told him I was going to walk on my treadmill in exercise room while he went to bed. I did one hour on treadmill and then got into pool for 45 min. I am glad I did but feel possessed. Anyone else feel this way. I know it is not really a bad thing but just needed to vent I guess. Anyway hope all of you are doing well. By the way my calories were over but they were good calories just a few too many. Thanks for listening.:ohwell:
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING AND BLESSED SUNDAY TO ALL.:flowerforyou:

NANCY, THANKS FOR THE CURE FOR CANDY. ENJOY YOUR MINI VACATION. GLAD YOU LOST A LITTLE. :flowerforyou:

ZAZA, GLAD YOU WOKE UP INSPIRED. IF ONLY WE COULD FEEL THAT WAY EVERY DAY, WHAT A SUCCESSFUL GROUP WE WOULD BE.

KCWRITER, WELCOME BACK.

BARB, I LOVE HOW YOU DESCRIBE YOUR WALKS, ALWAYS FEEL LIKE I AM THERE TOO. I AM SO SURE YOU MISSED YOUR CALLING. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN A WRITER AND YOU COULD PROOF READ YOUR OWN WORK TOO.:smile: I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THE WRITING. YOU ARE LUCKY TO BE ABLE TO DO EXERCISE AND ENJOY THOSE TRAILS AT THE SAME TIME. HOPE THE WEIGH IN WAS GOOD TODAY.

VICKIM, YOUR POST IS REALLY INTERESTING TO ME. HAVING STRUGGLED WITH WEIGHT MY WHOLE LIFE,I HAVE READ A LOT ABOUT PEOPLE ON DIETS OR EATING PLANS AND HOW THEY HAVE AN ALL OR NOTHING MINDSET. I WONDER IF THAT IS WHY, WHEN WE GO OFF COURSE A LITTLE, WE OBSESS ABOUT IT. IS IT A FEAR THAT WE ARE STARTING TO LOSE THAT FEELING OR MOTIVATION THAT KEEPS US GOING. WE ARE HUMAN AND WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO EVERYTHING PERFECTLY. WHEN WE GO ON A PLAN, WE HAVE TO REALIZE THAT SOMETIMES WE MAY EAT OVER OUR CALORIE LIMIT OR MISS EXERCISING FOR ANY NUMBER OF REASONS. WHAT WE HAVE TO DO IS FORGIVE OURSELVES AND MOVE FORWARD TOWARD OUR GOAL. I THINK THAT IS WHY I OBSESSED OVER MY BIRTHDAY CAKE. IT IS FEAR OF LOSING MY CONTROL OF THE WHOLE PLAN. ACTUALLY, WHAT YOU DID IN EXERCISING WAS NOT ALL THAT BAD. YOU KNEW YOU COULD STILL MAKE UP FOR MISSING YOUR MORNING WORK OUT AND YOU DID IT.
    NOW JUST GO ON FROM HERE AND FORGET YESTERDAY. ALSO, YOU ATE HEALTHY CALORIES. THAT IS A REALLY BIG PLUS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS RESPONSE TO YOUR POST. I READ SOME OF WHAT I SAID HERE IS A BOOK CALLED THE THIN COMMANDMENTS BY DR. STEPHEN GULLO. I FOUND MYSELF IN SO MANY STATEMENTS HE MADE IN THAT BOOK, IT BECAME MY ALL TIME FAVORITE AND HELPED ME TO LOSE CLOSE TO 100 LBS.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE,
    ANNE
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Got the first pictures yesterday, will try to video chat this afternoon.
    I think Skype is a grandmothers dream come true!

The struggle w/ sugar is a hard one, especially if you're diabetic. I'm not sure, either, about the dried fruits. But I have found them to be a good substitute when I need a sweets fix.

It's graduation (college) weekend here. So there are a lot of dinners and buffets to go to. I've done pretty well so far, but actually turned down an invitation to a brunch because I knew I'd have a really hard time controlling myself at this restaurant. I LOVE BREAKFAST:devil: and would have a really hard time resisting sausage and home fries. Sooo...best option for me. Don't go, meet up with them later.

Off to church, thanks again, have a great day
    Diane
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    A:flowerforyou: Anne...thank you so much for the encouraging words. We must come to the realization that we are not perfect and will fall off the wagon occasionally. To beat ourselves up over it only makes us want to give up. So everyone, pick yourselves up and keep going. We can do this. Nothing in life that is worth fighting for is going to come easy. Thank goodness we have each other.

:flowerforyou: Diane....I also love breakfast. I just look at it this way..we are better off getting most of our calories early in the day. I like to eat a big breakfast and I have found that when I do so I will not have such a tendency to over-eat the rest of the day. A lot of restaurants now offer fresh fruit. If they do, I will go for that. I also try to have mostly low fat protein. This will get my mind set on eating right and I find that I can do better the rest of the day.

That being said...I had a waffle for breakfast. BAD, and it took up half of my daily calories. I will now have to be very careful for the rest of the day. I have a busy day planned...cleaning the house, yard, doing laundry, etc. I lost all of yesterday working at a festival. I did well there, though. The only thing I ate was a garden burger without the bun.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Vickim----I understand completely.

At home I am the one on the exercise bike in my nightgown at 10:30 PM

On the road, sometimes I walk up and down in the motorhome or right out in front at bedtime if I don't have enough steps on my pedometer for the day.

I consider this weight loss (and the maintaining of it when I reach my goal) to be a matter of life and death and, as such, I will give it my highest priority.

On this trip we have either been the ones to choose the restaurant or bring the food to be prepared at someone else's house, or invited others to eat what we prepare, or simply asked to meet in a setting or activity that does not include food.

I tell people that I'm a fanatic about the way I eat, but it's working for me.

Best wishes to you on your journey
    Barbie
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    DIANE, NICE TO HEAR ABOUT THE GOOD THINGS COMPUTERS BRING TO US FOR A CHANGE. ON TV WE HEAR ONLY THE NEGATIVES. SO MANY GREAT THINGS,LIKE SKYPE. WILL YOU BE PUTTING A PICTURE OF THE BABY HERE FOR US TO SEE? THAT WOULD BE SO NICE,IF YOU COULD. :smile:
    I TRY TO FIND PLACES THAT HAVE EGG BEATERS, LOW FAT SAUSAGE, VEGGIE OMELET,ETC. IF YOU KNOW YOURSELF THAT WELL, THAT IS THE WAY TO DO IT. GOOD FOR YOU. :flowerforyou:

BECKY, YOU ARE SO WELCOME. I ENJOY MAKING SUGGESTIONS TO FOLKS ON A WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY. IF JUST ONE THING HELPS, I AM HAPPY. :heart:

BARBIE, I WAS AT AN OVERNIGHT MEETING WITH A GAL WHO MAINTAINED HER WEIGHT LOSS FOR OVER 20 YEARS. SHE BROUGHT YOGURT, FRESH FRUIT AND VEGGIES TO STOCK OUR LITTLE REFRIGERATOR AND DID HER EXERCISES NO MATTER WHAT. SHE FELT LIKE YOU, IT IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. SO TRUE. YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH SUCCESS. YOU MAKE A PLAN AND STICK TO IT AND IT IS WORKING SO GREAT FOR YOU AND JAKE. WONDERFUL!:flowerforyou:

ANNE
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Thank you Anne and Barbiecat for your responses. They do make me feel better. I know that doing the exercise did me good and did not hurt me. I just do not want to obssess about it. The feeling I had when I realized I went over and had no exercise calories is hard to explain. I know thin people who eat whatever they want and they tell me if they go overboard they just work out, and that is great. I have just never been one of those. I guess last night I did not recognize that person who I have become. I have missed days of working out before and have been fine with it. I guess the combo of too many calories plus no workout was too much. I have about 60 pounds to go to my goal and I hope when I get there I can slow down and fine a middle ground. I really believe this time I will do it because my mindset is so different than the other millions of times. I know now that this is forever. I know that I will always watch what I eat and have to workout several times a week. Before I looked at it as a short term thing that would end. Mostly I have you guys. It felt so good last night to be able to blog you guys to let you know what was going on. Again thanks for your support and comments. I do listen to them and I do appreciate them a lot. Look forward to our next talk.
    Keep up the good work ladies. :blushing:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: vickim..congratulations on not allowing an off day to keep you from exercising. A lot of people have found that exercising can become addictive. That is great. And the fact that the calories too many where healthy ones is the way to go. You will get past this. We cannot just diet to lose weight with the mind set that when we reach our goal we can go back to our old ways. This has to be a permanent life style change. We will feel so much better living healthy.

:flowerforyou: Anne...we should all take your friends example to heart. That is the only way to maintain.
  • TeenTchr
    TeenTchr Posts: 19
    Options
    The prom I had to chaperone was last night and I knew I had time to get into one dress, hoped I could lose enough for a second choice, and doubted I could get into a third. A choice is always nice, but I just didn't want to buy a new one. To my surprise, I tried all three on and they all fit!:bigsmile:

I'm a little embarrassed to brag about myself, :embarassed: but I have to admit I chose the short dress (knee length) because my legs were looking good. All the exercise has paid off.

I am also now more committed to The Fat Flush Plan. In this plan the first few weeks are devoted to detox and clearing the cells of toxins. I may not have lost an enormous amount of pounds, but I feel so much better and there is really a change in size.

Now on to the next goal. I enjoyed having a manicure, pedicure, and wax so much that I have decided it will be my motivation. If I have made it from Sunday to Saturday staying on the plan I get to have some special treatment. I am learning to reward myself with non food rewards.

I expect to look decent in a swimsuit for my cruise the end of July - Under 200 by then.

148904.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TeenTchr
    TeenTchr Posts: 19
    Options
    :flowerforyou: TeenTchr...It isn't fair but males can lose better than females. I have witnessed this with my husband. So frustrating. They have more fat burning muscles and I think their metabolism is faster. Be sure to eat enough so that your body doesn't go into starvation mode. Drink lots of water. I am upping my water consumption in the hopes of losing better.

At this point I am just happy that my son and I are motivating each other. If he wins, I will be very proud of him. Of course every pound or size I lose along with him makes me a winner as well.
  • nordic44
    nordic44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    We'll I started my journey January 1, 09 and wanted to be fit and healthy by my birthday which is this week. I decided to COMMIT to exercise and calorie counting (which is where my fitness pal has been a life saver) I exercise everyday even though sometimes just a workout tape for 20 minutes...as long as I do something!!!! (and I had not exercised regularly for a l-o-n-g time) I also started at the local gym with "Body Pump" which is low weights for me....and I do that 3 days a week now.
    I am a half pound short of my goal of 20 pounds (but I have 4 days till my B-day). I will be 54 and feel the best I have ever felt. I am fitting into anything I try on and even some of my daughters clothes. Counting calories and a workout routing is working for me!! Good Luck to all..have a good week!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Well another weekend has come and gone, and despite my comment yesterday that I would take the day off, I received :flowerforyou: "inspiration" :flowerforyou: from an unexpected source.

A male friend and neighbor of mine and I frequently go out to eat together. Before the demise of LA Weight Loss, he had been on their program and lost at least 40 lbs. At some point, he got tired of being a "good boy" and went back to his old habits. :sad: Thus, he is pretty much back to where he started. We have never really talked about what happened. He does take vitamins, and makes his own lunches, but he does love things that aren't particularly healthy--as do all of us.

I didn't say anything about my decision back in April--hadn't seen him in a couple of weeks, and then told him of my loss of 10 lbs in a month and all the walking I had been doing.

In truth, I have an ulterior motive. I am hoping by example I can get him pointed in the same direction I am. He is diabetic and though he has never had a heart attack, he had bypass surgery while he was still in his 40's. He is about 3 years younger than I am. (BTW, he was the friend who shared the exciting journey involving the 4 dogs and 2 rotisserie chickens that I shared last month.):smile:

This morning, he called me and asked me to go to breakfast. It would actually be lunch for me because I had already been up for 5 hours and worked overtime and gone to church before he called. While we were eating, I told him of my 7.6 mile trek of yesterday and mentioned taking a "day off" and he got the idea that we should go walking again today. I figured he was kidding, because the only walking he does is on his treadmill, but to my surprise, as we drove home, he said he would get he Labrador and we could go on the forested part of the trail I had visited yesterday.

By now it was after 1p and the high temp today was 84 degrees. Nevertheless, I changed shoes, put a bandaid on the blister resulting from yesterday, filled up my water bottle and grabbed my hat and daypack and we headed out. We went 4 miles round trip, and it was a nice jaunt. We definitely appreciated those tall Douglas Fir trees--their piney smell and their most welcome SHADE!!:love:

When we returned to our starting point, Chloe amused me and some other park users by standing on her back legs and drinking from the "people" drinking fountain, :noway: while we took turns holding down the button. She was definitely a thirsty girl!!:laugh: :laugh:

Today was weigh day, and would you believe despite killing myself and being good all week, I didn't show a LOSS!!! :grumble: :mad: Suezzzque I feel your pain !!

I looked at my progress graph for calories and realized, I had not had a high calorie day since the party on April 25th, so I thought today would be a good day for that, but I just wasn't that hungry after my walk and so my dinner was only 300 calories, and I guess I will have to force myself to have dessert. How is that for a bizarre twist of events?:laugh:

As far as catching up on posts:

ANNE, a few days ago, you mentioned your consternation about Nancy and I having strange animals in our houses (IE GAZELLE) and I must say you made me laugh out loud. :laugh: Frame of reference is everything, isn't it?

It reminds me of a story from my tech support days, where the older lady called in for warranty service on her pc, stating her "cup holder" had broken on her pc. After some diplomatic questioning, the person on the other end of the phone figured out that her "cup holder" was really the CD drive that she had been USING as a cup holder because she had no idea what it was really supposed to be used for!:laugh:

:flowerforyou: BARBICAT, I am a little behind on comments on posts, but here is a quote from you earlier in the week (Thursday):
    "....As someone who continues to “say no to birthday cake” I can tell you that I am unable to eat just a sliver or just one piece. The only thing that works for me is complete abstinence. It’s a good lesson I’ve learned for myself......"

I can relate. I always felt I had no control around things I really love, like chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookies...but a funny thing has happened. Since I have given myself permission to enjoy these things occasionally, and as part of my "lifetime plan" my uncontrollable urges have disappeared. Maybe this will happen for you too. We can only hope, right?:happy:

:flowerforyou: KATHY, thanks for the depressing truth about sodium--77% from processed foods--YIKES!!:grumble:

:flowerforyou: momof10/Debbie, Let's hope we can put away those umbrellas 'til next Fall and keep walking!!

:flowerforyou: ZAZA-After reading your Friday post about the comings and goings of your family I am not sure if you need to go into the hotel business or become an air traffic controller!! :laugh: It sounds like you have a very busy family!!

:flowerforyou: ANNE--Thanks for your kind words on Saturday about Mai Li. I am happy to report she is back to normal walking again and off the extra pain meds, so tomorrow we might try a little longer walk than what we have done these past few days. She is acting restless tonight so I think that means she is ready for more activity.

I know what you mean about cement. I can walk for miles on asphalt, but cement will make me "feel" the miles very quickly. I think it is because asphalt has more "give" to it than cement does, according to something I read.

:flowerforyou: Committed/NANCY--Congrats on finding a way to take some time for you and for that loss also!!:drinker:
    We had great success preparing dinner for our daughter, son in law and grandson on Thursday. We brought organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 4-5 ounce portions, veggies for broiling (squash, mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomatoes, peppers) and salad makings (spinach, romaine, peppers, tomatoes, onions, cucumber, radish,sprouts) and spray dressing, spray oil, and spray butter. They loved the dinner and we stayed within our calories. They ground up some of the chicken and squash for the baby. He loved it even with all the garlic we used.

BARBICAT (again)--After reading the menu for your dinner in the Saturday post, I have decided you need to turn the motorhome into a travelling healthy food restaurant. How about making your first stop can be in Vancouver on your way back from California, so I can taste the goodies you are making !!:laugh: :laugh:

I even have a name picked out--"Barbicat's Healthy Caravan"

KCwriter--Even though you have been on the site much longer than I have, welcome back!! As for the sugar cravings, from talking to those afflicted with this, I know being diabetic seems to make it that much more difficult to resist. For myself, since I started eating lost of veggies and fruit and yogurt, and lean protein and more veggies, I find I don't have those insatiable cravings. It seemed to take about 2 weeks for it to pass. Good luck!:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: NANCY(again) Thanks for mentioning the candy craving article in Woman's Day. I have always liked that magazine, too.

:flowerforyou: ANNE (again) Thanks for your kind words about my writing. I actually enjoy doing it, and being a writer is on my "Someday Aisle"--you know, "Someday I'll do this," or that or whatever. Maybe after I reach my goal there is a motivational book out there and I can give this site a plug--with Mike's permission of course.

Well it is once again, getting late and 4am comes early, also, I am having my keyboarding skills seriously challenged by the arrival of a certain little canine pest named "Pepper.":wink:

Have a good week, everyone.

Barb
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Barb, How do you stay up this late with your brain still working and still get up early and go to work and then do all that walking? You are amazing.

We did another traveling food show today. Chicken breasts, salad, and veggies again. this time to our son and daughter in law and their four kids (ages 3, 12, 12, and 19). The difference was that they added hot dogs, potato salad, and chips and dip to accommodate the kids. We ate the food we brought just like we were eating at home and left all the left-overs behind.

Earlier we took the dogs to a fenced school yard to meet our friends and their three dogs. The dogs did a lot of running and Jake and I did a lot of walking.

We're going to be here for another week so we'll have to figure out a new menu when we visit our kids again. :laugh:

The longer I eat healthy, the less attracted I am to the foods that aren't good for me. the best thing I can do is be prepared with healthy food so I don't find myself starving with no choice except birthday cake.:laugh: :laugh:

TeenTchr----I'm so glad you could wear something that made you feel good. :bigsmile: I love your idea of rewarding yourself with special treatment. Then you'll really feel great about yourself.

:flowerforyou: Nordic----welcome. When you reach your goal you can teach us how to maintain a healthy weight (something I've not been able to do)

I'm off to bed. My brain is dead tired:laugh:

Big hugs, :heart:
    Barbie
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HI ALL,

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE SUNSHINE STATE. IT'S GETTING HOT BUT THE PAST FEW DAYS HAVE BEEN BREEZY. RAIN FOR A SHORT TIME EVERY DAY, BUT IT IS GOOD FOR THE GARDENS. SO MANY INVITATIONS FOR MY BIRTHDAY. I CAN'T EAT OUT THAT MUCH OR I WILL GAIN WEIGHT FOR SURE.
    I WILL ENJOY A LUNCH AT A FRIENDS HOME BECAUSE WE CAN HAVE LOTS OF HEALTHY FOODS WITHOUT THE TEMPTATION OF THE RESTAURANT MENU. WILL EAT OUT TWICE AND THAT IS IT.
    WHILE I KNOW I AM DOING SO MUCH BETTER , I STILL FEEL APPREHENSIVE WHEN IT COMES TO EATING REGULAR , FATTENING FOODS. WILL BE A HAPPY DAY FOR ME WHEN I CAN DEAL WITH HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS AND FEEL CONFIDENT.

TEENTCHR, GOOD FOR YOU, YOU DID IT!!!!!:flowerforyou: NEVER FEEL THAT YOU SHOULD NOT SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS,THAT YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH AND APPEARANCE. KEEP ON GOING. THE REWARD IDEA IS EXCELLENT. WE SHOULD ALL TREAT OURSELVES AND OF COURSE IT SHOULD NOT BE FOOD.:grumble:

NORDIC44, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. YOU DID A GREAT JOB.
    "THIN REALLY DOES TASTE BETTER" DOESN'T IT?:flowerforyou:

BARB, HOW GREAT THAT YOUR FRIEND JOINED YOU FOR THAT WALK. HOPE HE CONTINUES TO WALK WHENEVER HE CAN. I'VE SEEN MANY DOGS AT THE FOUNTAIN, THEY LOOK SO CUTE.
    THE TINY DOGS GET SPLASHED A LOT AND STILL LOVE IT.
    NOT LOSING EVEN ONE POUND AFTER A LOT OF HARD WORK IS FRUSTRATING FOR SURE. IS THIS WHEN THE ZIG ZAG PLAN (NOT SURE OF THE NAME) COMES IN? YOU EAT MORE CALORIES FOR A DAY THEN BACK TO NORMAL? I ALWAYS THOUGHT IF I ADDED THE EXTRA CALORIES I WOULD NEED TO BURN THEM OFF AGAIN ANYWAY? I WAS TOLD TO SPLIT MY LARGE MEALS INTO 6 TO KEEP USING THE METABOLISM ALL DAY LONG. ONLY GOES TO SHOW THAT WE NEED TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND ABOUT EVERYTHING AND DO WHAT WORKS FOR US. IF I GET STUCK I WILL TRY THE ZIG ZAG, OR, HIGH CALORIE DAY. AS FOR THAT DESERT, HAVE MERCY.:laugh:
    I HAVE NOT TURNED DOWN DESERT, EVER. I DO EAT LOW CAL DESERTS NOW, SO THAT IS A PLUS. HAPPY TO HEAR MAI LI IS SO MUCH BETTER. I MOSTLY WALKED ON THE SIDEWALK, CONCRETE. THE ASPHALT IS TEN TIMES SOFTER AND THERE IS NOT MUCH TRAFFIC, SO I STARTED WALKING THERE NOW. LOSING 10LBS IN A MONTH IS A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT AND THAT SCALE WILL START MOVING AGAIN SOON.:flowerforyou: DO YOU AGREE THAT SOMETIMES THERE IS NO REASON WE DON'T LOSE OTHER THAN OUR BODY CATCHING UP? THAT MAY BE TRUE?

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYBODY :flowerforyou: