Carb Conscious Peeps - May 2009

Options

Replies

• codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    honestly I love lemon except for jello...what do you think of orange or black cherry...just because those are family favorites...I really want to make it but only if you think my kids would like something like this :smile:

hmmm I would try black cherry... lemme know how it goes!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    oh, there are 2 sizes... yikes, I only have ever seen 1.... :(

I have never seen the sugar free jello in the larger boxes, only the smaller boxes.
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Alright, I tried it tonight and...I don't think I did it quite right but it was still good anyways. I couldn't get the cream cheese very smooth so it was a bit chunky. My boys wouldn't eat it because it was chunky but my daughter loved it and ate about half to herself...lol

Thanks for the recipe!!

Crys
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i need to try this.

hello everyone :flowerforyou:
    been lurking and busy these last few days. getting myself back together, been doing real well. i ended up hurting a tendon in my foot. i have had nothing but problems with this right foot. i had torn two tendons and ligaments a few years back, but the doctors didn't do an MRI to find the injury for over 6 months and by then it was too late to correct, so i have to deal with the soreness and swelling of the right ankle all the time. now this tendon is on the bottom of the foot. i am on anti-inflamatories right now to see it helps and a wrap. he said i can still exercise just with caution. i go back next week, it it doesn't help he will order an MRI. me and my medical. but, they are easy fixes.
    i am off to the gym here soon. i haven't been to the gym in over a week, want to get back. did workout on treadmill yesterday.

wanted to stop by and say hi....
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody. while I was laying flat on my back for 6 long hours and not moved my right leg at all. You guy was making cheesecake. That was because they went into my maiin artery and didn't want any thing yo break loose. But cause a terrible backache/ I didn't get home till after 6 last night. The doctor found I had blockage in both legs and will do sugery again soon. to put a sstint in. So two more times to go to thw hospital. will be back soon.

Calie
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I have .6 and .3 oz sizes of jello. I think I got them at Super Walmart.

Hope everyone has a great day! I already have a 40 minute walk in this morning. It was hard to keep going because there is a strong cold wind outside today.

Make it a great day!
  • KathyH
    KathyH Posts: 7
    Options
    Glad I found this low carb spot.

For anyone doing SB....how much weight did you lose during Phase I? I lost about 6 my first week, but it seems to have stalled this week. I'm wondering if I have overdone it with the cheese. Even though it is low fat I've been using it a lot. With my eggs in the AM, occasionally for lunch and a cheese stick for an afternoon snack.

Thanks!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning everybody. while I was laying flat on my back for 6 long hours and not moved my right leg at all. You guy was making cheesecake. That was because they went into my maiin artery and didn't want any thing yo break loose. But cause a terrible backache/ I didn't get home till after 6 last night. The doctor found I had blockage in both legs and will do sugery again soon. to put a sstint in. So two more times to go to thw hospital. will be back soon.

Calie

I see I have a lot of typo errors in my post this morning. Sorry about that. I guess I/m not over all that medications they used at the hospital yesterday. Will try to do better. Thanks Caliecat
  • LeanLioness
    Options

Calie

I see I have a lot of typo errors in my post this morning. Sorry about that. I guess I/m not over all that medications they used at the hospital yesterday. Will try to do better. Thanks Caliecat

Thats ok Calie!!! At least you are up and posting!!! I am glad to see you.

I have no power again at my house. Another round of severe storms rolled through last night and took out more trees and power lines. I am at a client's office helping them get their network and computers restored, so I have internet here at least.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    callie, so glad you are at least up and around. get some rest.

had a good gym workout this morning, only and hour long. muscle just wouldn't cooperate with me on the machines today. it shows how longs it's been since i used them, little over a week. tomorrow is day off two on, one off. i going to see how this works out for me and my body.

off to the shower.

later
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Good morning low-carbers!! How are we all doing today?? I'm having issues with craving carbs, bad. Probably 'cuz they are all around me and I've been really tired. Caved a couple of times, but not today. Hang in there guys - it gets easier. My body is going through a lot of shifts right not - kind of wacky! But good shifts :drinker: Have an excellent day :flowerforyou:
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this low carb spot.

For anyone doing SB....how much weight did you lose during Phase I? I lost about 6 my first week, but it seems to have stalled this week. I'm wondering if I have overdone it with the cheese. Even though it is low fat I've been using it a lot. With my eggs in the AM, occasionally for lunch and a cheese stick for an afternoon snack.

Thanks!

Welcome!! I just finished Phase 1 on Monday and I lost 6 pounds the first week and nothing the next. Remember that it is mostly water weight that you are losing! All of your loss is moistly from Phase 2.

Also I had to share this...I hit the 150's today!!! First time in a very long time and I am phsyched!! Only 159.4but it still isn't 160!

Glad to hear from you Marie! Hope everything goes well for you. What type of meds are you on? Did they give you any special stockings??

Hope everyone has a great day.

Crys
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Crys. I am not on any med right except what I have been on. It was all that stuff they gave me yesterday at the hospital. I got a called from my doc. to be at the hospital Next Friday morning at 6:30 am to put in the stints in one of my legs and then he will tell me when he will do the other legs. This is all to get circulations in my legs so it can carry oxzen better.

I had a good nap this afternoon and feel pretty good.

I lost 4 lbs on SBD and nothing the second week. I am still on it but have had to eat other things to get thru yesterday. Have been on the low carbs all day today. am just watching my carbs now.

thanks everybody for your concerned about me. I kept wondering how you all was doing on your eating> I see you all did real well.

LL---- How was the fish? I need to eat more fish.

Chipper---Glad to her you are back with it. We can do it.

Calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Hello Crys. I am not on any med right except what I have been on. It was all that stuff they gave me yesterday at the hospital. I got a called from my doc. to be at the hospital Next Friday morning at 6:30 am to put in the stints in one of my legs and then he will tell me when he will do the other legs. This is all to get circulations in my legs so it can carry oxzen better.

I had a good nap this afternoon and feel pretty good.

I lost 4 lbs on SBD and nothing the second week. I am still on it but have had to eat other things to get thru yesterday. Have been on the low carbs all day today. am just watching my carbs now.

thanks everybody for your concerned about me. I kept wondering how you all was doing on your eating> I see you all did real well.

LL---- How was the fish? I need to eat more fish.

Chipper---Glad to her you are back with it. We can do it.

Calie

Hey Calie. I haven't cooked the fish yet, my hubby asked me to wait until this weekend to make it. I just got home from work and our power is back on again.

I can't take too many more of these storms, my nerves are frazzled.

I have a small rant too. The insurance companies are around here not covering peoples losses because the weather people called it an "inland hurricane" and people in the Midwest don't have hurricane coverage, they won't pay for the losses to their homes.

I feel that is utterly ridiculous and what we thought was going to be a severe thunderstorm turned into something else...................It is an Act of God regardless. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My day has been so stressful that I bought some iced sugar cookies from the deli at Kroger and have nearly eaten the entire box..............

Tomorrow is a new day. My TOM came on with no warning and it is not time for it, so I think that is due to stress also............ :explode: :explode: :explode:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Oh Lioness so sorry to hear you were without lights again. That is for the birds. I have eaten things that I should't at the hospital but I have not had a binged yet/Thanks god. I might hit me one day before it is all over with. I hope not. I have been eating lots of strawberries 1/2 c at a time with my meals. I am gettimg a metalic taste in my mounth. Doe that goes along with low carbs? IN that pumpkin pudding you don't used any milk or cream? Just eggs. spices, pumpkin and some kind of sugar. I bouught some Agrave sugar several months ago and have not used any yet for the calories that is in it.

Caliecat
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Oh Lioness so sorry to hear you were without lights again. That is for the birds. I have eaten things that I should't at the hospital but I have not had a binged yet/Thanks god. I might hit me one day before it is all over with. I hope not. I have been eating lots of strawberries 1/2 c at a time with my meals. I am gettimg a metalic taste in my mounth. Doe that goes along with low carbs? IN that pumpkin pudding you don't used any milk or cream? Just eggs. spices, pumpkin and some kind of sugar. I bouught some Agrave sugar several months ago and have not used any yet for the calories that is in it.

Caliecat

The metallic taste in your mouth is the fact that you are in ketosis (fat burning stage). That means your body is a fat burning furnace!!!

Drink lots of water and chew on some fresh mint leaves. :happy:

The pumpkin pudding you could put a little cream in it, that would be extra yummy!!! I used stevia and splenda when I make the pumpkin pudding............trying to give up the splenda all together.
  • codykitty
    Options

Caliecat

The taste in your mouth that is metallic, is that it or is your tongue numb or burning?
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Good morning low-carbers!! Hope everyone is having a great Friday - no time yet to read all the messages. Will hopefully catch up later this a.m.!
  • LeanLioness
    Options

Caliecat

The taste in your mouth that is metallic, is that it or is your tongue numb or burning?

Low carbing will cause a metallic taste in your mouth from your body burnig fat. It is called Ketosis. That is a good sign.............

Just need to drink lots of water to flush out your body!!!
  • codykitty
    Options

Caliecat

yes, i know! but it is also a symptom of burning togue syndrom, which is nothing to worry about, but is treated very differently.

Low carbing will cause a metallic taste in your mouth from your body burnig fat. It is called Ketosis. That is a good sign.............

Just need to drink lots of water to flush out your body!!!