Carb Conscious Peeps - May 2009

Options

Replies

• cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have the strips...just won't start using them til next week...anyhow...welcome!!! :flowerforyou:
    Always nice to have new people :smile:

Strawberries are great...and of course sugar sugar sugar. lol...guess I am starting to get my sugar cravings under conntrol :wink:

Is anyone restricted at all on what they eat? Just curious.

Crys
  • leslier
    leslier Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you StillKrisit for the suggestions!! :smile:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't have diabetes but I have what they consider pre-diabetes so I have to eat fewer carbs than the average person. I didn't realize how many carbs I had been eating til I started tracking them!! No wonder I gained weight! I am on Metformin and I hate the way it makes me feel (upset stomach or nauseous most of the time), I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I just joined myfitnesspal this week and I already feel like it is a huge motivator. I thought being a part of this thread might help have a support of people that understand what I am going through.
    I know the basics of cutting carbs, the only thing I find is that I kind of stay hungry throughout the day. If I eat veggies or fruit as a snack it just doesn't seem to stick with me. Does anyone have any good ideas for healthy low carb and calories snacks that are filling? I am also watching my calories. I was also going to see if you guys think that just watching your carbs and not worrying about calories works best or if lowering both works the best? The doctor told me to eat 30g of carbs per meal and 15g per snack, does that sound about right?

welcome and welcome to you too lleanak. as to keep you fuller. i eat more protein it sticks with you. i was given close to the same amounts as you except i get 45 per meal. 15 for morning & afternoon snacks and 30 for evening. 30 are to be protein & carb to keep levels through the night.
    i have been doing pretty good so far this afternoon. i think i may have this lick for today. dinner is already planned and recorded. i am within limits.
    well, off to meet the pampered chef lady to see if i want to sell it or not. it will bring in some income, since DH hasn't found a job yet. he's use to be in food service, so he said he would help me. maybe this is what we are suppose to do.
    LL....glad you got to see your dad. hope things were good.
    callie....enjoy your strawberries
    still...good golly of the weight loss. great job. i have always like weeks anything over a pound :happy:
    crys...i eat what i want as long as i have the carbs for it. (it's because of the diabeties). my doctor has always told me eat it if you want it and it fits.

later :heart:
  • cloverluv
    Options
    Marie...sorry to hear about your surgery. I do know what PAD is. I have been tested many times for it due to a lot of clotting in my left leg. I'm only 27! I did have an unfortunate accident though about 9 years ago come Monday that left my left leg numb from the hip to the knee. This causes a lot of problems with my circulation. I can still run and enjoy my kids though so that's what counts!

My weigh in will be on Monday morning. I am hoping that this last week I have lost 1 or 2 pounds. We shall see. I've had to lay off the peanuts for awhile. I love them yet they are so high in fat. I'm not to be looking at fat consumed but I just can't help it.

What are everyone's plans for the upcoming weekend?
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Been super busy at work this morning - just finished lunch so I have a minute or two to mess around. Hope everyone is doing well - I won't be on this weekend at all. Busy, busy, busy. I'm ready for school to be out and things to calm down a little!! We have a school carnival to go to tonight, the Montana Women's Run is in the morning - Mom, daughter and I will walk/run the 2 mile course. Then I think we are going to so someplace and get out of town for awhile. Would be nice to do an overnighter somewhere - but don't know if we have the $. Will have to see what happens! Hope you all have a great weekend! Phone's ringing - gotta run! Bye 'til Mon!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    MTGirl~~~~~~~~`Have fun with uour family this weekend. Who is who on your profile piectures?

Calie:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning all you peepers

Had a very good week. A 2 lb lost for a total of 15 lbs. I am getting there.
    I plan on having chicken pizza tonight from Linda's low carb recipe site. Sounds real good. Have to run to the store and pick up a few things.

Kristi , so proud of you. You are doing fantastic. 7 lbs in one week ,Biggest loser for 1 week is just great.
    I know you are feeling so much better.

To all the rest of you have a good weekend.
    Calie
  • chipper15173
    Options
    happy saturday..

not much time this morning. going yard saleing and than going to teach granddaughter (81/2 yrs old) how to sew. going to be in the 90s today, so lots of indoor things to find to do.

later
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Have fun on your garage saleing outing this morning.

Hi Here is what i am making tonight from Linda'a low carb site

PIZZA CHICKEN
    1 boneless chicken breast, pounded flat if thick
    Salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning, to taste
    1 tablespoon pizza sauce
    4 slices pepperoni
    1 teaspoon butter or oil
    2 fresh mushrooms, sliced
    2 thin green pepper rings
    1 ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded

Season the chicken with salt and other seasonings; grill. Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms and pepper rings in butter or oil until slightly tender, but not mushy; set aside. Spread the sauce over the chicken, then top with the pepperoni, the pepper rings, mushrooms and then finally, the cheese. Sprinkle with a little additional Italian seasoning, if desired. Bake at 350º about 10-15 minutes or until hot and the cheese is melted. Serve at once.

Makes 1 serving
    Can be frozen but the peppers will get soft

Per Serving: 310 Calories; 16g Fat; 36g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

This is another winner! Simple and tasty with all
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just checking in. Calie, thanks for the receipe! Sounds great. Gonna try it.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey Kristi--- I had that pizza chicken tonight and it was good. Will be on my weekly menu from now on. . I had enough left for another meal. My chicken breast was pretty big. I did not realize veggies had so many carbs. We live and learn. Things are kind of slow around here today.

Calie
  • cloverluv
    Options
    Hey my fellow peeps...just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers out there.
  • mellyt
    mellyt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Way to go....can you tell me how I can get the stopped smoking ticker? My sister just joined and this would be an awesome way for her to stop smoking....i think:) Thanks
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY everyone!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    HAPPY MOTHER DAY EVERYONE:heart::flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    HAPPY MOTHERS DAY :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

heading to church here in a few.
    thank you mellyt. check out my blog it has my story. i will mssg you later. mine came from www.haqur.com tell her congrats.

need to shower, later carbers.....
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Hi! LCers! :flowerforyou:
    I drove 4 hours to have lunch with family yesterday, made pretty good choices at the restaurant, did a lot of window shopping - then had to find dinner somewhere before driving home!
    After logging it all this a.m. it looks like I did ok.
    I hoope your weekend is going well-
    :flowerforyou:
    Have a great day!
  • rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I found my Carb buster buddies.. Hey i wanted to give you guys an awesome recipe and encourage you to keep it up! Our hearts will thank us and our dependency on sugar will decrease! Ok now for the recipe it's awesome! Souffle Stuffed Chicken: 1 pkg of frozen creamed spinach 4 boneless chicken breast pounded to 1/4" thick , 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, 1 cup fat free chicken broth, 2 tbs lemon juice, 1 teap dijon mustard, salt, pepper. Preheat oven to 350. heat oil in pan with garlic for 3min discard garlic. cut frozen spinach into 4 squares place in middle of chicken and wrap chicken around spinach hold together with toothpicks. pan fry in garlic flavored oil for 7 min each side or until golden brown on outside. transfer to baking dish bake for addit 30-40 min. while baking make sauce with broth, lemon juice, mustard, salt and peper. pour over chicken- whala! it's great!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey guys I found my Carb buster buddies.. Hey i wanted to give you guys an awesome recipe and encourage you to keep it up! Our hearts will thank us and our dependency on sugar will decrease! Ok now for the recipe it's awesome! Souffle Stuffed Chicken: 1 pkg of frozen creamed spinach 4 boneless chicken breast pounded to 1/4" thick , 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, 1 cup fat free chicken broth, 2 tbs lemon juice, 1 teap dijon mustard, salt, pepper. Preheat oven to 350. heat oil in pan with garlic for 3min discard garlic. cut frozen spinach into 4 squares place in middle of chicken and wrap chicken around spinach hold together with toothpicks. pan fry in garlic flavored oil for 7 min each side or until golden brown on outside. transfer to baking dish bake for addit 30-40 min. while baking make sauce with broth, lemon juice, mustard, salt and peper. pour over chicken- whala! it's great!!

Thanks for the recipe/. Sound good.
    and how are you doing. lost any more weight?

My 2 weeks is up tomorrow. and i have done pretty good so far, I did break down and had some strawberries the other day. And once at the doctor office they were running some test And wanted me to have a carb and Protein snack They offer peanut butter and crackers and drink water.

I think I have turn into a low carber. Pretty good way to go.

good luck ----Caliecat
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Kristi----My daughter and I was cleaning out a desk sor a new one and We found an old women world mag for 2004 and it had this protein diet in it. I read on it today. sounds interesting.
    It's called the Protein Power Diet soup. You eat a good breakfast and you have the other two meals of this chicken soup. Breakfast can be yogurt berries, walnuts and 1 scoop of protein powder Or Bacon , eggs. toast. And gave some snacks you can have twice aday. Sounds pretty good. It calls for plain whole milk yugurt and I don't remember seeing any just non Fat. Will check it out.

Calie