Carb Conscious Peeps - May 2009

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    LL--- no the only crackers I had was the one pkg. of peanut butter they wanted me to eat between test last week. And I did eat some strawberries last week. But so far no bread nor any cereal . I have 2 servings of veggies at Lunch or dinner. You think that might be too many carbs. Thats My problems I don't know how many carbs I should be eating. . What is a good goal for me to shoot far.
    Calie
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    LL--- no the only crackers I had was the one pkg. of peanut butter they wanted me to eat between test last week. And I did eat some strawberries last week. But so far no bread nor any cereal . I have 2 servings of veggies at Lunch or dinner. You think that might be too many carbs. Thats My problems I don't know how many carbs I should be eating. . What is a good goal for me to shoot far.
    Calie

Well those cheese and peanut butter crackers they made you eat can cause water weight gain and might take a few days to shed it................

Too many veggies are not going to hurt you, unless you are eating starchy stuff like corn, white potatoes, too many carrots................

Carrots, I have to watch how much I eat. They send my blood sugar through the roof!!! I love carrots.

South Beach Diet says to just eat...............doesn't specify how many carbs. Atkins is a little more structured. Atkins says for the first 2 weeks, 20 grams of carbs per day and eat until full but not stuffed.........Then after 2 weeks you can start adding berries and more veggies and add 5 grams of carbs per week per day. For instance, I am up to about 40 grams of carbs per day. Some days I eat less and some days a few more, but it has been evening out....................

P.S. - Those strawberries are not going to hurt you. Berries are the best thing to add in!!!
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    does anyone know if you can eat lentils(legumes) on phase 1 of SBD?
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    thanks Lioness
    I think that will help me. I will just have to bide my time. Keep eating low carbs. and see what happens. Do you watch your salt intake? Thanks again for you help., My blood sugar seens to have stabilize. Haven't had but one low since i have been trying to learn this Low carbs.

Calie
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    in The South Beach Diet Super Charged lentils are listed as acceptable in phase 1
  • codykitty
    Options
    in The South Beach Diet Super Charged lentils are listed as acceptable in phase 1

what is the difference btwn super charged lentils and regular lentils?
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    thanks Lioness
    I think that will help me. I will just have to bide my time. Keep eating low carbs. and see what happens. Do you watch your salt intake? Thanks again for you help., My blood sugar seens to have stabilize. Haven't had but one low since i have been trying to learn this Low carbs.

Calie

No, I don't watch my salt intake. However, I use different varieties of natural sea salt that is non-iodized. My favorite is Mediteranean sea salt because it has a slightly sweet taste and very mellow, I can use a lot of it and don't ever get that salty bitter taste.
  • codykitty
    Options
    ok guys... I bought the sugar free jello and cream cheese, i will experiment tomorrow and let you know if it is as good as I remember!
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Well, I weighed in and I am down to 212 as of today!!!

12 pounds away from Onderland!!! i can't wait to be out of the 200's and back down into the 100's.........

I feel like a major fat cow..............

Congratulations...that is a HUGE accomplishment and I'm so glad you shared it with us...8 pounds WOW!!!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Well, it looks like I am going to be smoking some blue gill fish soon. I cleaned about 60 fish tonight and I will be frying some in a combination of olive oil and butter with lemon squeezed in and smoking some on the grill....................

Our neighbor brought us a big bucket of fish - my hubby mowed their grass for them and in turn they keep giving us fish. :happy: :happy:

Thanks Cloverluv....................I lost it and then regained it due to poor planning when work got busy. Now on the way to losing it all over again.

We are still recovering from the storm and we are supposed to get more of the good old-fashioned Midwestern storms tonight and tomorrow night.
  • codykitty
    Options
    ok, so I made the jello cheese cake, it turned out pretty good, I used lime b/c the store didn't have lemon, but it is def better with lemon.

Here's how you do it...

1 box SF jello (pref. Lemon)
    2 cups boiling water
    8oz Low Fat(South beach) or Full Fat(Atkins) cream cheese

mix jello and hot water till the jello is disolved, about 2 mins, beat in cream cheese with an electric mixer. set in fridge over night.

The nutritional value varies depending on what CCheese you use and how many portions you want, so I will let you guys figure your own out on recipe calculator!

enjoy!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    ok, so I made the jello cheese cake, it turned out pretty good, I used lime b/c the store didn't have lemon, but it is def better with lemon.

Here's how you do it...

1 box SF jello (pref. Lemon)
    2 cups boiling water
    8oz Low Fat(South beach) or Full Fat(Atkins) cream cheese

mix jello and hot water till the jello is disolved, about 2 mins, beat in cream cheese with an electric mixer. set in fridge over night.

The nutritional value varies depending on what CCheese you use and how many portions you want, so I will let you guys figure your own out on recipe calculator!

enjoy!

That sounds really, really good.

SF lemon jello, correct?
  • codykitty
    Options
    yeah sugar free lemon jellow(in box)
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    honestly I love lemon except for jello...what do you think of orange or black cherry...just because those are family favorites...I really want to make it but only if you think my kids would like something like this :smile:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Sorry codykitty I was not clear in my post. The new book about the SB Diet is call The South Beach Diet Super Charged, and it lentils are listed in phase 1 as a food to enjoy.:laugh:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    What size is the box of lemon jello that you use?
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    What size is the box of sf jello that you use? I have 2 different sizes.

oops double post
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I hope it is a regular box of SF Jello. I bought the small box........
  • codykitty
    Options
    oh, there are 2 sizes... yikes, I only have ever seen 1.... :(
  • codykitty
    Options
    Sorry codykitty I was not clear in my post. The new book about the SB Diet is call The South Beach Diet Super Charged, and it lentils are listed in phase 1 as a food to enjoy.:laugh:

ha! ur so cute! I bought the book today!