I wish my gym had a ban on ___________

Options

Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I think I go to the only gym that has the weight room int he middle of the building with 0 mirrors. Only mirrors are in the Women Only room.

That being said

I wish my gym had a ban on person trainer stalkers. I had a free meeting with the trainer director and he did a small fit test and then took me back to his office while I was all sweaty and tired and tried to tell me about how much I would have to pay to get the full benefit of blah blah blah. I signed the contract but now I cancelled it and getting my money back because I can't afford $100 a month on top of the $20 gym membership (I'm cheap, sue me). Now whenever I see him he stares at me, and sometimes asks when I'm gong to book a session with one of the trainers. I usually avoid him but now it's getting annoying.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    those plastic/rubber sweat suits....what is the point of those? people who wear them at my gym make a PUDDLE of sweat surrounding them...*barf*
    Sweat suits (sauna suits). They are MADE TO MAKE YOU SWEAT MORE
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    People who get mad at others for dropping weights never really lifted to failure before. :grumble:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    people who get a serious sweat up and wash themselves in the pool afterwards! ewww :sick:
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    the folks that set the speed and incline on the treadmill so fast and high that they have to hang on to the front of the machine. It irks the living **** out of me if you feel the need to hang on for dear life you're goin to fast or cant do the incline. STOP THAT MADNESS please

I use the incline and hold onto the front due to balance issues. I could set the treadmill at 1.0 with no incline and still have to hold on.

There's "holding on" and there's "hanging on".... we all know what she's talking about, and it's not you :smile:

Totally. The other day I was on the treadmill and this man next to me clearly set his too fast for him, as he almost fell off, straddled the stationary sides of the treadmill and tried again before almost falling off again. He did this about five times before he just stormed out of the gym. I felt a little sorry for him, but it looked pretty funny. Why not just slow the thing down a little?
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Nude (them) to Clothed (me) conversations in the locker room. *awkwaaard*

Yeah, I have no problem with nudity but I am certainly not striking up conversations while in the buff. I did grow up around other people and am aware of what creates an awkward moment.

TOTALLY :blushing: unless it's a hottie guy that is.... :tongue:
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    People who pay so much attention to other people in the gym that they pretty much know their whole routine before they even get their. Pay attention to yourself, get headphones and a cheap MP3 and tune out the world. I promise you'll be 10x happier :flowerforyou:
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i dunno if this has been said yet but:

1) Tiny shorts....no one wants to see ya a** cheeks hanging out when your lunging!

2) People (have to say in my gym its mainly girls) who sit on the machines and have a chat/text do 1 rep then go back to chatting!
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    This may get some "likes" too, but what about the weekend warriors who don't understand the, "May I work in with you" concept? I notice that at night and on the weekends, the real novices come in and after one set, literally sit on their bench/cybex machine, or whatever, while you're standing there waiting to work in. What the heck? Get up, rerack your weight (yet another bannable offense), and let me get to it. OMGosh, if you need to sit there to recover from a set of dumbell curls with 15lbs each, please stay downstairs in the child-center... Just sayin.

Sorry but to me 15 pound curls are taxing since I do them till failure.. and since I also pay to use the gym just like you do, I reserve the right to hog a bench and do curls with my 15 pounds weights no matter how much it annoys you. It also helps if you open your mouth and tell me what you want to do instead of standing there staring at me while I take a minute to recover.

I agree with you. 15lb curls to failure kill my arms. Especially if I've spent time doing other things BEFORE I got to the curls. So let me sit there and recover before I shove that 15lb dumbbell down your throat lady! We'll see who needs to be int he child-center then!:flowerforyou:
  • NeilWin
    NeilWin Posts: 21
    Options
    Screamers. I feel soooo sooo embarassed for them.
  • nicoleandlosing
    nicoleandlosing Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Jeans....I swear everytime I go to the gym there is someone working out in jeans. I guess I find it odd. I think that it would be really uncomfortable.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Women in the free weight room when there is a "Women's Gym" section fully furnished. Not that I don't mind a little "eye candy" but not in the gym and not with the cameltoe look in her spandex. That's pretty ferocious when it is all sweaty down there.

Is it because you get embarrassed when we lift more than you?
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Axe Body Spray
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Fill in the blank!

(For me it's dudes who slam the weights down in the weight room)
    People who don't want me to slam weight down in the weight room.

Like I really care, when I am deadlifting over 400+lbs.
  • SunKissed86
    Options
    people who go out of their way to find a close parking spot... come on now :huh:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    People who complain about anything besides not re-racking weights.

It's a gym people!!!! I can't believe some of these replies.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    people who go out of their way to find a close parking spot... come on now :huh:
    I do that...and I will continue to do that. My legs are short I have to walk twice as fast to get to where I'm going compared to normal sized people. So if I wanna park my car inside the locker room I'll do it with a smile :flowerforyou:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I do that...and I will continue to do that. My legs are short I have to walk twice as fast to get to where I'm going compared to normal sized people. So if I wanna park my car inside the locker room I'll do it with a smile :flowerforyou:

So you go to the gym to workout, but you have to park as close as possible because you have short legs? That really makes no sense at all. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
  • SunKissed86
    Options

lol I'm 5'3" :flowerforyou:
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    The hardcore obsessed gym-ers (and chavvy wannabe body builder guys) looking at overweight people like filth.

I'M IN A GYM DUDE! surely the best place to be if I'm obese?!