I wish my gym had a ban on ___________

Options

Replies

• Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Sounds odd, but I want a ban on anyone who smokes marijuana in my gym. I like going into the Sauna or Steam room after a workout but now I can't go in when there are certain people in there because they obviously smoke and it absolutely reeks like marijuana. not to mention when they are working out in the same general area that stench wafts over to me and tends to permeate the whole gym. They aren't smoking in the gym, and I know it's not my business what they do but I hate working out or being surrounded by the smell. Thankfully its only a few people, and they are coming less frequently.

This post was total win.

You caught me. ;D
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Women in the free weight room when there is a "Women's Gym" section fully furnished. Not that I don't mind a little "eye candy" but not in the gym and not with the cameltoe look in her spandex. That's pretty ferocious when it is all sweaty down there.

Obviously, I'm speaking about someone in particular. Hopefully she's not on MFP...

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just a sexist idiot.

Women are going to be in the free weight area. If that offends your delicate sensibilities go to a men only gym.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    on people who make horrible noises while lifting the weights. we are going for reps most of the time, so if you cant move the weight easily then obviously you arent as strong as you want everyone to think and you need to take some weight off your bar!

Huh? Heavy lifters don't "go for reps" they go for failure.
    thats only if you are trying to find your max weight. we go for reps all the time during actual work outs.

Again, huh? I have sets of (generally) 4 - 6 reps and plan my weight to hit failure. All the guys hitting the gym when I am do the same, as well as my dh. My trainers and research says this is appropriate for lifting heavy and pushing strength.
  • KristenLynn87
    KristenLynn87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    People who smell heavily of cigarettes. Obviously lighting one up before the gym. Am I the only one that thinks that's weird?
  • Alissa_RN
    Alissa_RN Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on showing the travel channel and the food network. I mean really? I don't want to watch the worlds best southern fried foods while trying to get my burn...
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Women in the free weight room when there is a "Women's Gym" section fully furnished. Not that I don't mind a little "eye candy" but not in the gym and not with the cameltoe look in her spandex. That's pretty ferocious when it is all sweaty down there.

Obviously, I'm speaking about someone in particular. Hopefully she's not on MFP...
    WTF...want me to wear a full hijab while you are at it. I workout in the free weight part of the gym, last time i looked i didn´t have a penis but nobody will tell me that i should workout somewhere else.

Hahahaah awesome response. Also dude, I would totally utilize my women's section of the gym if the dumbbells ran above 30lbs. -.-

HOLY MOLY! with those arms I doubt any man would make you move to a different section, you obviously know what your doing

Yeah I imagine the "Women's" section of the gym ISN'T fully furnished. so that's a no-go. but heck I'd work out in there too if it was, I just can't imagine a gym spending hte extra money on a full set of power racks/barbells/benches etc that probably won't see very much use. Go over there and tell us if it really is FULLY furnished or not. I want to know.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I have seen some pretty douchey comments on MFP but 'no women in the free weight room' wins DB of the year.
    Congrats bro.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    The women's section of the gym I go to only has weights up to 20kg.

I was scared to move into the 'free weights room' because of all the macho 20yr olds posing in there. I go in with my PT now and use heavier weights, but I still find it intimidating... with guys like him around, it's little wonder why.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

From personal experience the "women's areas" are not that great, as they're full of tiny dumbells, lots of cardio stuff and not that many heavy weights! Also, I prefer to workout with men. They have goals more suited to my own and can spot me when my bf is working late! :D

Finally, I don't wear spandex or tight stuff that would show a camel toe. I wear a loose t-shirt and baggy trackies (that happen to be menswear) I've never had any complaints from other men about me being in the free weights area with them.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    girls who get all dressed up to go there.
    men who grunt and stare at you while they're doing it.
    people telling you that you're doing it wrong when you JUST had a trainer tell you how to do it.
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ladies who wear shoulder-grazing chandelier earrings. Those things make a lot of noise.

Tittering high school girls who snicker at my size 16 body at the gym. Okay, sweetheart, we aren't all perfectly fit teenagers. But you shut your damn mouth, because I am making an effort to better myself. I won't always be fat, but you will always be a snotty little pain in society's *kitten*. Get over yourself.
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    People who fart freely on the cardio equipment
    People who come in with too much cologne/perfume, or NOT wearing deodorant. Ugh.
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on...wearing makeup.

I hate being the only bummy-looking bare-face girl there. :/ but at least I know my workout isn't going to cause me a breakout!

I hear you, clearly you are not there to work out if you have that much make up on. The gym is not a place to meet a mate, you are there to exercise, and that doesn't look pretty if you do it right.

Not that I wear a lot of makeup, but I'm going to the gym on my lunch hour and I don't have time to take off my makeup before my fitness class. So what if I look hot at the beginning of my workout .... By the end, I am a sweaty, smelly mess and don't really care what other people think. :laugh:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    This may get some "likes" too, but what about the weekend warriors who don't understand the, "May I work in with you" concept? I notice that at night and on the weekends, the real novices come in and after one set, literally sit on their bench/cybex machine, or whatever, while you're standing there waiting to work in. What the heck? Get up, rerack your weight (yet another bannable offense), and let me get to it. OMGosh, if you need to sit there to recover from a set of dumbell curls with 15lbs each, please stay downstairs in the child-center... Just sayin.

Sorry but to me 15 pound curls are taxing since I do them till failure.. and since I also pay to use the gym just like you do, I reserve the right to hog a bench and do curls with my 15 pounds weights no matter how much it annoys you. It also helps if you open your mouth and tell me what you want to do instead of standing there staring at me while I take a minute to recover.
    1. People distracting my trainer during MY PAID HOUR

This annoys me to no end.... Clearly I am in the middle of a set and my trainer needs to be concentrating on me and what I'm doing. A quick HI is fine, but don't strike up a big conversation or start asking questions.. because I will give you the look of death... There are other trainers at the desk not doing anything.. Go bother them!
  • FatgutBgone
    FatgutBgone Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Fill in the blank!

(For me it's dudes who slam the weights down in the weight room)

I agree. One guy has to slam the weights even when no one is around. I can hear him in the other part of the building. I want to tell him and others like him to lift a lighter weight if they are not strong enough to handle the weight without dropping or slamming it.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Fox News
  • Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    Nude (them) to Clothed (me) conversations in the locker room. *awkwaaard*

Yeah, I have no problem with nudity but I am certainly not striking up conversations while in the buff. I did grow up around other people and am aware of what creates an awkward moment.
  • FatgutBgone
    FatgutBgone Posts: 73 Member
    Options

From personal experience the "women's areas" are not that great, as they're full of tiny dumbbells, lots of cardio stuff and not that many heavy weights! Also, I prefer to workout with men. They have goals more suited to my own and can spot me when my bf is working late! :D

Finally, I don't wear spandex or tight stuff that would show a camel toe. I wear a loose t-shirt and baggy trackies (that happen to be menswear) I've never had any complaints from other men about me being in the free weights area with them.

I love women in the weight room. I love strong muscular women. I am more than happy to help them and I am always curtious to everyone in the gym. I love the fact that women are not afraid of lifting heavy weights to be as strong and healthy as possible.
  • lilrubie
    lilrubie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    garlic breath and dirty smelly clothes...nothing worse than really bad B.O.!
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    those plastic/rubber sweat suits....what is the point of those? people who wear them at my gym make a PUDDLE of sweat surrounding them...*barf*