yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    A ban on weights, everyone should use body weight as there resistence

I ♥ blanket life prescriptions from strangers on the interwebs
  • BreAnn
    BreAnn Posts: 35
    Options
    everyone else but me

HAHAHA! YES!!! I so wish I had my gym all to myself! I hate going to a crowded gym!
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Women in the free weight room when there is a "Women's Gym" section fully furnished. Not that I don't mind a little "eye candy" but not in the gym and not with the cameltoe look in her spandex. That's pretty ferocious when it is all sweaty down there.

Obviously, I'm speaking about someone in particular. Hopefully she's not on MFP...
    WTF...want me to wear a full hijab while you are at it. I workout in the free weight part of the gym, last time i looked i didn´t have a penis but nobody will tell me that i should workout somewhere else.

Hahahaah awesome response. Also dude, I would totally utilize my women's section of the gym if the dumbbells ran above 30lbs. -.-

HOLY MOLY! with those arms I doubt any man would make you move to a different section, you obviously know what your doing

Yeah I imagine the "Women's" section of the gym ISN'T fully furnished. so that's a no-go. but heck I'd work out in there too if it was, I just can't imagine a gym spending hte extra money on a full set of power racks/barbells/benches etc that probably won't see very much use. Go over there and tell us if it really is FULLY furnished or not. I want to know.

Most women-only areas of gyms are pathetically lacking weights. So yeah, get back to us buddy if the women's section provides us with a power rack and platform. Otherwise, STFU.

Wow! Why so serious. Specific response. Not a general statement. GAFG!!!
  • LivyB14
    LivyB14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ANYONE seen primping in the mirrors and people who talk REALLY loud on their cell phones.....I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT THROUGH MY EARPHONES....sorry :tongue:
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    people who go out of their way to find a close parking spot... come on now :huh:
    I do that...and I will continue to do that. My legs are short I have to walk twice as fast to get to where I'm going compared to normal sized people. So if I wanna park my car inside the locker room I'll do it with a smile :flowerforyou:

So you go to the gym to workout, but you have to park as close as possible because you have short legs? That really makes no sense at all. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
    My workout is in the gym. That's what I pay for. If I wanted a workout in the parking lot I'd go to the nearest shopping center and walk to every single store twice before entering one. Besides, I workout at night. Parking in the back at my size equals sure death and I'm not allowed to carry my gun with me in the gym. So yup, I do what I want without you or anyone else judging me. Kthxbai
  • corps9499
    Options
    Children.... which to me is ANYONE under 18.... (well, I could make an exception here and there, but it would be a case by case basis).

AND.... Mother's who have no freakin' sense and bring their 8 yr. old SON into the WOMEN'S locker room! There are FAMILY locker rooms just for this situation.

You must not have kids...

I agree with kids not being in the gym part, but sometimes you have to drag your son into the women's locker room if the family one is full! Especially if he has to pee. I am not sending him in the men's locker room by himself!

Your 8 year old can't manage to pee by himself?

I must be a totally slack parent cause my 5 year old manages just fine by himself.

I'm sure the 8 year old can pee by himself just fine. I think she is saying that, as a mother, she is not comfortable letting her child walk unattended into a locker room, where there may be sexual predators. Unfortunately, it's something that has to be considered these days.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I go to planet fitness... I don't run into hardly any of these problems . I only had one problem with a few young guys sweating all over the circuit and not wiping the equipment . I told the staff and they wiped it all down and told the guys about there self. Besides that there are enough of all the different equipment that I can get on any thing I want even with a friend with in 5 min any time of the day. So I could care less about others wasting there time, and annoying people I can always be far enough away from them that they don't bug me. Eat a tootsi roll and be happy people :)
  • fyfi_fendir
    fyfi_fendir Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Are you guys serious? I don't even know which post to respond to...
    Some of those posts are so judgmental and rude!

- You don't like a stranger on the treadmill next to you? Then stay home and don't come to a "public" gym
    - You think the other person isn't working hard enough? Should put more incline, go faster, not holding on the bar? Why do you care? their body, their life and you don't know them, maybe that's their first day, maybe that's what their doc recommends... They pay the same price than you, then can either utilize the facility or not.
    - You don't like spandex, shorts too short, tops that don't cover enough, make up? Geez! if you were focused on yourself, you wouldn't even notice. I don't even notice 90% of what people have been writing. I go to the gym, do my stuff, leave. I have no idea what people do, how long they are on a machine, who they talk to, what they wear...

Now I feel so self-conscious... I had no idea people look around so much...
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have to say that my biggest pet peeve is people who are "using" a weight machine by sitting on the seat and having a 15 minute conversation on their cell phones with someone. I totally understand if you need to take a phone call, but please don't tie up a machine if you are going to be on the phone for more than 5 minutes ><.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I switched gyms mainly because no one ever wiped down their machines.

The gym I'm at now is incredible! There are signs on every machine asking you to wipe your stuff down after you use it, and if they catch you walking away from a sweaty piece of equipment, they hand you a disinfectant bottle.

They also have a ban on perfumes/scented lotions in the change room (giant signs posted everywhere again). I also have yet to witness someone not intensely working out. No one is ever chatting/texting on their phone, and the TV's are always locked on the same 4 channels, so there's no one randomly channel surfing.

If you would have asked me 3 months ago what I wished my gym would ban, I'd rhyme off a million things. But ever since I switched, I've been happy as a clam! :happy:
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Are you guys serious? I don't even know which post to respond to...
    Some of those posts are so judgmental and rude!

- You don't like a stranger on the treadmill next to you? Then stay home and don't come to a "public" gym
    - You think the other person isn't working hard enough? Should put more incline, go faster, not holding on the bar? Why do you care? their body, their life and you don't know them, maybe that's their first day, maybe that's what their doc recommends... They pay the same price than you, then can either utilize the facility or not.
    - You don't like spandex, shorts too short, tops that don't cover enough, make up? Geez! if you were focused on yourself, you wouldn't even notice. I don't even notice 90% of what people have been writing. I go to the gym, do my stuff, leave. I have no idea what people do, how long they are on a machine, who they talk to, what they wear...

Now I feel so self-conscious... I had no idea people look around so much...

I agree with all of this. When I go to the gym I go for myself. I never notice anyone else there until I get bored and decide to actually pay attention to those around me. My headphones take me to my own little world. Maybe that's what some of these people need to do. Stop worrying so much what others are doing.

Also, the Women Only workout room has 4 treadmills (only 3 work) two elliptical, two bikes. The rest of the room has weight machines that go just as high as the ones out on the main floor. The dumbbells go up to 30 that I know of, probably higher but I only use 5lb so I don't care about the others. And do you know the best part? YOU CAN CARRY THE DUMB BELLS FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GYM AND USE THEM IN THE WOMEN ONLY ROOM! They also have plated weights that you put at the end of a barbell. Those go up pretty high as well. So I agree with the post that said women should probably workout in the women area, but they have a choice. Mainly that choice is so they can try to prove they are better than men but whatever.
  • shrdlicka23
    Options
    We have a public radio iPAD thing in my gym where you can change the radio station or turn up the volume and it plays over the entire room. I'm totally fine with that because most of the time I'm watching TV or listening to my music. But there is a set of girls who come around the same time as me(I've stop going to the gym because of them) and they turn it up so loud that I can hear it over my headphones. Even at the loudest volume on my ipod, I can still here it. How inconsiderate. Boo to them.
  • gratefulkat06
    Options
    the people that choose to use the machine next to you in an empty gym and then peer over to see how fat you're going...I'm not in a race, I'm here to work it off....

Took the words right out of my mouth!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    A ban on weights, everyone should use body weight as there resistence

Lolno
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    i hate it when skinny girls use equipment with blank looks on their face, it is like they aren't even trying to get a burn. or when big people use the treadmill and power walk with no incline, it is like honestly, put the incline up a little bit and you will burn so many more calories. ooh and highschool girls that have no clue what they are doing and just walk around flaunting their stuff.

Don't you DARE judge a bigger person on the treadmill! You have no idea if they where just beginning or if they have trouble with impact on their joints or any other thing. My cousin is "a big guy" and he has to power walk on the treadmill because he does have problems with his knees. Just don't be so quick to judge, you don't know the circumstances.

(Motto doesn't apply here),
    Anna

P.S Agree with you on everything else though....
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Stuck up moms. I'm a mom and I've never felt comfortable with the other moms at my gym. They are so cliquey it's like high school. Luckily I work now so I go to the gym at a different time and don't see them like I used to when I stayed at home with my son (mom gym time is late morning, lol)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    everyone but me! Yes, everyone but me! I love when the gym is empty and I have the place to myself! lol :) No fighting over equipment...no worrying about others staring at you....peace and quiet....
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i hate it when skinny girls use equipment with blank looks on their face, it is like they aren't even trying to get a burn. or when big people use the treadmill and power walk with no incline, it is like honestly, put the incline up a little bit and you will burn so many more calories. ooh and highschool girls that have no clue what they are doing and just walk around flaunting their stuff.

Don't you DARE judge a bigger person on the treadmill! You have no idea if they where just beginning or if they have trouble with impact on their joints or any other thing. My cousin is "a big guy" and he has to power walk on the treadmill because he does have problems with his knees. Just don't be so quick to judge, you don't know the circumstances.

(Motto doesn't apply here),
    Anna

P.S Agree with you on everything else though....

I don't think it's really fair to judge either person. Big or small, you don't know their circumstances. And I have seen PLENTY of people using machines incorrectly, their size had nothing to do with it.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Fill in the blank!

(For me it's dudes who slam the weights down in the weight room)

how else am i going to tell everyone that i'm finished with my set?
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    I hate the sweaty dude on the Cybex machine who doesn't have a towel, but just drips sweat and flings it off his arms so his sweat hits my water bottle. Gross.