I wish my gym had a ban on ___________

Options

Replies

• Califragilistic
    Options
    Arschlochs who slam their weights onto the floor making me jump constantly; others who make all sorts of groaning, huffing, puffing, grunting, hissing noises and have a constant grimace on their faces cause they're lifting too much weight - so not a good look; sweataramas who drip snail trails over all the machines and don't have the courtesy to wipe off their bodily fluids once they leave the machines; narcissistic dolts who spend all their time preening in front of the mirrors and parading around with their big egos on tiny legs as if to emphasise just how hot they are - not; skinny *kitten* who's thighs don't meet sitting on the treadmills for an hour... The list could go on and on, which is why I no longer have a gym membership!

P.S. I forgot to add the wankers that spend their time leching and snickering suggestively - wouldn't touch you with a 10foot bargepole!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with the people or what they do.
    I'd like to ban the gym playing the same songs over and over. First it was "Soul Sister" but now they constantly play some song that endlessly repeats, "I like my beat fast and my bass down low". These repetitive songs really grate on my last good nerve. I'd love it they banned repeating any song within an hour. Surely with millions of songs out there they can find some variety.
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Loud grunters or groaners and yes, slam down weights and abuse the equipment.
    I really have about six things (equipment hogs being another) but those are the top ones.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on...... ill-fitting, nonsupportive, old, stretched out, cheap support bras. GIRLS you need to protect "THE GIRLS"!
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    Playing the Food Network! I'm tryna get my sweat on and all I see is Paula Deen making dessert! More motivation, I guess.

I also wish my gym had some air freshener available. I always want to go back to the weight room but after my sister's boyfriend and his friend get done, it smells so awful I can hardly breathe.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on...... ill-fitting, nonsupportive, old, stretched out, cheap support bras. GIRLS you need to protect "THE GIRLS"!

^^This^^ (sadly...)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    ...Fox news.
  • cheddle
    cheddle Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If your not groaning, moaning, crying, shouting or bleeding - your not lifting heavy enough... I go to the gym to work out, if your not pushing your boundaries to expand them then your cutting yourself short.

I wish my gym would ban Adele from the god dam radio... uggghhh
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have a gym that I go to about 20 times a year in Florida, and I can honestly say that
    I don't hate anything about it at all. It's clean, there are bottles of spray all over for people
    to wipe down their machines, which they do so well there, and the people are always so
    friendly and helpful. I just WISH I HAD A GYM NEAR ME!!!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Guys in (just) spandex shorts. Seriously. I don't think they're right on half the girls who wear them either.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    People who sit and judge others instead of focusing on their own workout
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options

This :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    the only thing i care about is cologne/perfume because it does affect me. its always the older women who wear the most pungent perfume.
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    people who count out loud.... how am I supposed to remember where I am up to if I can hear you counting??
  • sunshine83777
    Options

THIS ^^^ FOR SURE!
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    If your not groaning, moaning, crying, shouting or bleeding - your not lifting heavy enough... I go to the gym to work out, if your not pushing your boundaries to expand them then your cutting yourself short.

^^This
  • calcrunch
    calcrunch Posts: 18
    Options

^^This

AGREED, if your not there to push your limits beyond what you think what you can do, well then frankly your doing it wrong.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on...

Twerps doing curls in the squat rack. Today's twerp even got pissy when I asked him if he was done with his sets. OK, maybe I shouldn't have stood there watching him do his reps, but seriously. GTFO the rack for your curls!

OF course, given that my gym is Planet Fitness, I should probably be glad there's a squat rack at all.
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    For the most part, I couldn't care less what everyone else is doing, but I do peek at their machines to see their speed, level, burn, etc. Just curiosity, no judgement.

I also wish my gym would enforce proper attire. People come in all the time with sandals and open toed shoes on, trying to use the weights or machines. I'm afraid they'll hurt themselves.
  • nisemac
    nisemac Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    the gym jury. as someone else said, those that judge others. i wonder if they ever consider the impact of their behavior.