I wish my gym had a ban on ___________

Options
1212223242527»

Replies

• Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Also, the Women Only workout room has 4 treadmills (only 3 work) two elliptical, two bikes. The rest of the room has weight machines that go just as high as the ones out on the main floor. The dumbbells go up to 30 that I know of, probably higher but I only use 5lb so I don't care about the others. And do you know the best part? YOU CAN CARRY THE DUMB BELLS FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GYM AND USE THEM IN THE WOMEN ONLY ROOM! They also have plated weights that you put at the end of a barbell. Those go up pretty high as well. So I agree with the post that said women should probably workout in the women area, but they have a choice. Mainly that choice is so they can try to prove they are better than men but whatever.

The women who don't want to use free weights generally don't use machines. Free weights give a better workout. It's also unlikely that the women's area has a squat rack. (or even the Smith machine) If you're lifting heavy weights it's dangerous to life them up onto your back. It's why squat racks were invented! Same with chest presses.

If women want to use the women's area. Great! If they want to go into the free weights area. Great!

I went to the gym tonight and it was PACKED. Almost punched out the two guys who sat on the cable talking and got snotty when I asked to use the machine. Use it or lose it!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    ...Fox news.

On every single screen. Whhyyyyyyy??
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    Children on the fitness floor, playing on the equipment while their parents work out. It's dangerous! Not to mention that my gym has a childwatch! There are signs posted everywhere that no one under the age of 16 should be on the fitness floor by themselves.

Sheesh!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    tread mills and elliptical machines, then they could expand the weight area.
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    People who sit and judge others instead of focusing on their own workout
    ^^^^^^ yay .....I wish my message board had a ban on people *****ing about the gym. serious ladies if I am doing flat bench dumbbells and it hurts my shoulders to get the weight to the floor you bet its getting dropped. Now i try to keep it from hitting the floor hard and most guys try not to drop weights but it happens our weights are rubber coated the floor is rubber. Grunting really we are once again lifting HEAVY weights I try to control it but once again it happens. If you tried heavy lifting and started grunting I promise you will see big results and pretty soon you will be joining the ranks of the grunting and weight droppers if not go join Curves lol
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    ...Fox news.

YES!
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Then go to a gym that caters to your needs. Good luck.
    Most people don't only care about bulking up.
  • kidbxrs
    kidbxrs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    All of the TV's ending up on ESPN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options

Because cardio is the death of exercise programs?!?!
    Oh wait, you only want to bulk.

I wish my gym had a ban on meat heads that think the rest of us trying to get in shape by doing cardio and circuit training are in their way.
  • benitastory
    Options
    Personally, I'd like to ban the gym playing music altogether. Most of the stuff they play is horrid, in my opinion, and it is so loud that I can hear it over the music on my iPod. I really don't care if the stupid girl in the song is in love with a criminal...
  • dumbcowboyhat
    dumbcowboyhat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The lady that brings her dog in to walk on the treadmill and just stands there watching it. Take that dog for a walk outside, you'll both feel better!
  • enginerd81
    Options
    Stations on the cardio tvs that play fad diet infomercials.

What am I doing busting my butt here if all I have to do is sprinkle some magi pixie dust on my big mac?
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

Because cardio is the death of exercise programs?!?!
    Oh wait, you only want to bulk.

I wish my gym had a ban on meat heads that think the rest of us trying to get in shape by doing cardio and circuit training are in their way.

Then go to a gym that caters to your needs. Good luck.
    Most people don't only care about bulking up.

wow, you guys would probably be less crabby if you would take a break from all that cardio