• BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My grandma was a naughty catholic schoolgirl..hot too..still is ! xD
  • jennadaniele
    jennadaniele Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Jenna likes this post lol.
    Please don't be offended by this (because I'm really not trying to be rude) but are you uncomfortable showing your body because of insecurity, or because you just feel that it's your body and only you and your partner should be seeing it? I'm honestly just curious, since you mentioned that it's not for religious reasons.

I'm kinda the opposite. Once I stopped hating my body and started embracing every curve and imperfection, I'm quite proud to show it off (even though it's not rock solid or anything).
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every shirt I own shows my cleavage.
    But I am modest about certain parts of my body. I always wear jeans/pants. I don't like to show off my legs just yet. :bigsmile:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I'm curious - why are pants not modest?? Last I checked, they cover everything... unless I'm doing it wrong... which is entirely possible.

i was thinking the same thing...a knee length skirt to me is less modest than pants.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm curious - why are pants not modest?? Last I checked, they cover everything... unless I'm doing it wrong... which is entirely possible.

Pants are not necessarily immodest, but if they're skin tight they could be. I was told once that if someone can tell what kind of coin is in your back pocket, your pants are immodest. :-)

Ha! Yeah, I was thinking more about the slacks I wear to work, not camel toe inducing pants...
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Like yoga pants are totally modest...women should wear them more often :smile:
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I like my boobs. So do other people. I'm not gonna hide what my mama gave me, especially when they make the people around me so happy!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I'm respectfully modest in that I'm not hanging out everywhere, but most of my clothes are fitted.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I hear ya sista. I'm probably the most modest broad on this site! Unite against T&A!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    This is great for married Christian ladies. But for the single pals pole dancing and bikini pics are preferred.
    '

lol. You HAVE to wear very little pole dancing, skin = sticking to the pole, clothing = falling on your head.

I used to be very modest when I was morbidly obese, I always wore dresses, long, flowing shirts, etc., but that was mostly because I was insecure about my body. I still dress rather modestly at work, because, well, they hired me for my brain, my body is my own business (and to hide my pole bruises, since no one at work knows I dance). In my off time, I sometimes dress very modestly (baggy jeans, baggy sweatshirt), and sometimes quite provocatively, it all depends on the situation and my mood.

Assuming it's not a safety issue (e.g. long flowing skirts are not recommended around industrial equipment), you should wear what you feel comfortable in.
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I like my boobs. So do other people. I'm not gonna hide what my mama gave me, especially when they make the people around me so happy!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm respectfully modest in that I'm not hanging out everywhere, but most of my clothes are fitted.
    This.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    In all honesty...I don't think it matters what you wear..you must be comfortable and confident in what you wear. I do wear jeans and pants...and I wear shorts and skirts..but nothing that shows cleavage..or too much leg..I need to be a role model for my daughters. People are people..they will stare at you if you have a potato sack on...or booty shorts and a halter top..it doesn't matter..what does matter that you are comfortable stepping out of the house with what you have on..
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't wear pants either but when I go to the gym I put on a pair of very loose fitting basketball shorts that at least touch my knees. And when I'm leaving the gym I change back into my skirt before I step outside. I have yet to find an appropriate "gym skirt" that doesn't look too bizarre or too revealing.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I was taught to be modest in the way I dress...it didn't work. ;(

Hahaha same here. Tip: if you want your daughter to be modest and demure, DON'T send her to Catholic school for the majority of her life. It has the opposite effect you'd think it would.

LOL. This is too true, you were a naughty Catholic schoolgirl? I almost was, till my parents decided to home school me instead of letting me complete my last two years of of school. =P

Oh God yes. I went to Catholic school from Kindergarten through the 8th grade, public high school, then Catholic University. The stories I could tell about going to a Catholic University would make a stripper blush.

lol, I believe it. Some of em can be the biggest hoochies.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Personally I prefer skirts and shorts below the knees. Some of my shirts and singlets are tight, but I don't like low cut.
    If I reach my goal I am going to wear a bikini next summer, but only while in the water (singlet over the top while out) with my below the knee board shorts.
    No reason, just personal preference. I don't like to see others in nearly no clothing, so I can only presume they don't want to see me like that.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I hear ya sista. I'm probably the most modest broad on this site! Unite against T&A!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Tip: if you want your daughter to be modest and demure, DON'T send her to Catholic school for the majority of her life. It has the opposite effect you'd think it would.
    Eight years of Catholic school gives me the authority to validate this statement! :laugh:
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Maybe because I'm a Floridian, but I don't think I have a modest bone in my body. I've spent most of my life half naked.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I don't (and won't) wear tights as pants! It's a pet hate of mine - I really *don't* want to see that much detail of a woman's bits and sometimes they're slightly transparent so you can even see what underwear they've got on (or not)... ugh, do not want!