Modest Women?

Options

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Personally I prefer skirts and shorts below the knees. Some of my shirts and singlets are tight, but I don't like low cut.
    If I reach my goal I am going to wear a bikini next summer, but only while in the water (singlet over the top while out) with my below the knee board shorts.
    No reason, just personal preference. I don't like to see others in nearly no clothing, so I can only presume they don't want to see me like that.

Last summer I ended up 'accidentally 'wearing a bikini at our annual camping trip. Thankfully it was just family there...

I say accidentally because the swimsuit I brought didn't fit me!!!! It was horrible... haha. But I was determined to swim and not in my clothes so I said 'what the heck!" only family present anyway so may as well go all out. Literally.

Haha! I used to have a bikini and once when I wore it my 2.5 (at the time) year old said "hahaha mummys yucky naked body" LMAO. I have another coming up to the same age now, so got to watch out for that!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I like my boobs. So do other people. I'm not gonna hide what my mama gave me, especially when they make the people around me so happy!

motorboat_ftw.jpg

I totally wish I could do that, but my cat would suffocate in mine!

but, I'M the kitteh!! :wink: :tongue: purrrr
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Tip: if you want your daughter to be modest and demure, DON'T send her to Catholic school for the majority of her life. It has the opposite effect you'd think it would.
    Right......because the majority of the women who dress like skanks attended Catholic schools their whole lives.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I used to dress quite modestly when I was training to go into a field that is male-dominated, and was the sole girl in a class of 50. My reasoning was that I wanted them to think of me as ME and not a sex object. It didn't always work, but it probably helped.

I still dress quite conservatively for work; my tops are occasionally tight, but if they are, they have high necks. I don't consider pants to be immodest, an I'm happy to wear them... Then again, I live in Vancouver, where the "Lululemon Cameltoe" is high fashion, so my perception of "revealing" pants is probably skewed!

Outside of work, however, I am comfortable wearing more revealing clothing, especially now that I'm getting happy with how my body looks. The happier I am with it, the more revealing clothes I seem to like!

I don't generally have a problem with others dressing how they want, unless they're wearing, say, a headband for a top and a string for a bottom and trying to pass it off as formal wear or something. :P
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I like my boobs. So do other people. I'm not gonna hide what my mama gave me, especially when they make the people around me so happy!

motorboat_ftw.jpg

Well in that case...dive right in baby!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Ha! Yeah, I was thinking more about the slacks I wear to work, not camel toe inducing pants...

OOOOooooh you went there!!! BAHhahahaha!!

Hey, if that's your "comfy" knock yourself out. I don't want anything up my butt or my coolie all day long... only from 8pm-9pm.
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I wear what I feel good in, which is mostly jeans and a t-shirt. I love flannel shirts as well.

I have a niece who is like my daughter. I adore her! I aspire to be just like her when I grow up. ;) She still teases me about wearing my "80's flannel."

I live in the desert. It gets BUTT cold here!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Why is giving up pants for long skirts considered modest? Pants hide more of yourself. The Duggar’s (20 and counting reality show people) do this but I never bothered to google the thought process so since you brought it up....... actually I believe the Duggars do this to be modest but feminine, they are born to be mothers and wives and nothing more after all.
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey, if that's your "comfy" knock yourself out. I don't want anything up my butt or my coolie all day long... only from 8pm-9pm.

I think I love you.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm not modest at all.

Ditto!

I dress in flattering styles that I like (skirts and heels, jeans and boots) and in an appropriate fashion to what I am doing. No hoodies at work, no mumu's at the beach.

My friends consider me the group Fashionista. :smile:
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'd dress a little more revealing if I were thinner. I have to wear cardigans with short sleeve anythings, and I NEVER wear shorts in public. But I do like to show my boobies off. ;D Hey, they were A's for the longest time!
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Maybe because I'm a Floridian, but I don't think I have a modest bone in my body. I've spent most of my life half naked.

And here in Minnesota we spend half our lives under layers. Only a few more months and you'll see half-naked Minnesotans again, just don't get used to it. It won't last long.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    I think everyone should just run around naked all the time.. alot of problems would be solved that way...
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I guess I am a modest dresser but wear clothes that fit and flatter. I do occasionally wear pants but not often because I can't get a good fit. I wear fitted but not tight clothes and my best friends are the little modesty "shields" (Chemisettes by Anne) you can snap onto a bra that cover up some cleavage!
  • michelleinpa
    michelleinpa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    While my interpretation of modest is significantly different from the OP, I would completely say I dress modestly. However, I LOVE fashion. While you'll not see any T & A (pants fit well, skirts are appropriate length, no crazy cleavage, ect) , I always try to look as good as possible. No offense meant, but the op's style would not fit in my particular work environment.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I was taught to be modest in the way I dress...it didn't work. ;(

Hahaha same here. Tip: if you want your daughter to be modest and demure, DON'T send her to Catholic school for the majority of her life. It has the opposite effect you'd think it would.

I went to Catholic school my whole life- including college. I find myself to be modest in dress. I will wear tank tops but I don't like them low-I only wear skirts that are longer then my fingertips (another Catholic School thing) I don't wear bikini's I am uncomfortable in them. I am not comfortable in tight clothes so I don't wear them... I wear clothes that fit- not baggy but fit. I guess I just want to be comfortable :laugh:
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    I was taught to be modest in the way I dress...it didn't work. ;(

lol.. nice... :laugh:

i dont wear clothes to show off my body..but i do wear clothes that fits me correctly and it flaunts my body either way. i wear knee length skirts. and i dont wear cleavage tops..however you can still see my figure..i dont walk around with big and loose clothes forcing to cover everything either... so i think i modest
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I'm curious - why are pants not modest?? Last I checked, they cover everything... unless I'm doing it wrong... which is entirely possible.

Skinny leg jeans don't really leave much to the imagination.

I love my skinny jeans, I worked too hard to be able to wear them!!!!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I'm curious - why are pants not modest?? Last I checked, they cover everything... unless I'm doing it wrong... which is entirely possible.

Pants are not necessarily immodest, but if they're skin tight they could be. I was told once that if someone can tell what kind of coin is in your back pocket, your pants are immodest. :-)

Ha ha, ok thanks for the answer! Then don't wear club-wear pants and you are a-ok, lol!!
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options

motorboat_ftw.jpg

Well in that case...dive right in baby!

I want to join!!!