Modest Women?

Options

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I went to Catholic school my whole life- including college. I find myself to be modest in dress. I will wear tank tops but I don't like them low-I only wear skirts that are longer then my fingertips (another Catholic School thing) I don't wear bikini's I am uncomfortable in them. I am not comfortable in tight clothes so I don't wear them... I guess I just want to be comfortable :laugh:
    I attended Catholic schools, also and I dress modestly. I guess you and I are the exception. :laugh:
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I like my boobs. So do other people. I'm not gonna hide what my mama gave me, especially when they make the people around me so happy!

motorboat_ftw.jpg

I totally wish I could do that, but my cat would suffocate in mine!

but, I'M the kitteh!! :wink: :tongue: purrrr

Well in that case...dive right in baby!

I want to join!!!

All are welcome aboard...I don't discriminate!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I believe the Duggars do this to be modest but feminine, they are born to be mothers and wives and nothing more after all.

Wow. That doesn't sound judgmental at all.

What's wrong with being a wife and mother?
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    <<<~~~ Ok, at the moment this pic is a joke with my MFP friends! So, now reading this post has made me laugh at my own profile picture!! haha!!

But, I am a mom to 6 kids, 5 are boys. So, I do tone down what I wear. I won't wear too short of shorts or tops that show too much cleavage. But, I do wear blue jeans that fit, shirts that fit. And i do wear a bikini in our pool, but when my sons' friends come over, I will put a little something on top so I am not like...WOW, mom in bikini!!!

In our house, I am not as modest and I will walk around in my panties if I forgot something (like I was changing and had to get something out of the living room, I will go in my bra and panties)

But, just because I am a mom does not mean that I can no longer look attractive or try to look nice. I do not do it for other men, I do it for my hubby. I want to look pretty for him!! :love:
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    I used to be super-insecure about my body. I turned it into a joke... told people I was so modest, I had to go into another room just to change my mind. I've become less so over time, but I think childbirth had a lot to do with that.

^^ This! After having four babies, I don't really give a rat's patootie who's looking at me. I have nothing to hide anymore! :laugh: Seriously, though, I prefer clothing that is comfortable and flattering, not revealing. I embrace my new, healthier body, but some things are only for my hubby. :wink: When I buy skirts for my daughters, I prefer the ones with shorts built-in underneath, but as they get older, those are becoming harder to find. I'm going to have to have a chat with my tomboy about hanging upsidedown on the monkey bars. :noway:
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I like to dress modestly, though I have recently learned that different people see this differently. I do wear pants, but not skin tight. I like skirts, but mine have to be at least past the knee and I prefer tea length to ankle length instead. I wear short sleeves mostly, 'cause long sleeves irk my skin. I don't like to show a lot of cleavage (I have plenty, thanks, but there's more to me than that). I do wear tank tops, but not the ones that show a lot off. I wear the ones with wide "straps" and high cut necklines.

My reasoning: I am a person, not a sex object. I don't need people staring at my legs, my boobs, or my belly when I am walking around the world. I don't need someone to admire my physical body to feel confident. I know who I am already. I have friends who know me and appreciate who I am already. I can dress beautifully without showing off a lot of skin or wearing skin-tight clothes. It's just not necessary.

I used to dress very immodestly and got a lot of attention. And didn't like the kind of attention I got. Now I dress modestly and get just as much attention, but I like this attention much more.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Hey, if that's your "comfy" knock yourself out. I don't want anything up my butt or my coolie all day long... only from 8pm-9pm.

I think I love you.

:blushing: thank you :)
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    "A woman's clothes should be tight enough to show that she's a woman, but loose enough to prove she's a lady" Chanel.

I love this.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I should put it out there that I do wear pants, and they are not entirely baggy, but I hate skinny jeans, again personal preference.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Any other intentionally modest women on here?

I gave up wearing pants a few years ago. I wear them only when I go to the gym, or physio.

My skirts are knee length over leggings, but most of my preferred skirts are calf to floor length.

I do not wear " tight " clothing.

I do not wear clothing that shows cleavage.

I do not wear sleeveless shirts, tank tops, or anything that bares my midriff.

Anyone else like this? It's not for religious reasons.. I just don't like showing off my body.

I think there is a happy medium here, I think it seems like you are a little uncomfortable in your skin right now.

Sleeveless shirts are not necessarily revealing (besides your arms) if you are wearing a crew neck shirt. There is a big difference between tight and well fitting. It is also fine to wear one form-fitting item and balance it with something looser.

I don't show much cleavage because I don't like people staring at my chest. :) But and inch or 2 is OK for me. I wear skirts around the knee give or take an inch or 2. If I am feeling modest, I put on a pair of tights. I wear long shirts or tunics with leggings. I wear longer cardigans with my skinny jeans.

I definitely wear clothes that "fit" and show off my shape -- without revealing much skin. A dress is fitted in the waist. I'll wear a pencil skirt and a blouse with a belt at my waist.
  • TorridSkies4
    Options
    I own clothes that are considered modest, and some that are definitely not. It just depends on where I'm going and who I'm going to be with.

That being said, I live in Florida where it's hot most of the year.

... and I like to go to nudist resorts on Sundays sometimes where everyone runs around naked. It's a blast.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    This is great for married Christian ladies. But for the single pals pole dancing and bikini pics are preferred.

Not necessarily.

A friend of mine and I used to go every weekend to a pub in the city. She was quite the hoochie. She'd wear skirts I'd consider a BELT with high heels. She stopped asking me to go with her because I got more attention that she did - in my jeans, hiking boots and tees.

PS: Before you give me grief for wearing hiking boots to a pub - consider my friend would regularly get too drunk to walk and I'd have to carry her piggy back - in San Francisco - up hills - to the car.

LOL! I bet your legs were amazing after all that hill walking!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    If you got it, flaunt it, you're only young for a short time! :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I think everyone should just run around naked all the time.. alot of problems would be solved that way...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    If you got it, flaunt it, you're only young for a short time! :)
  • TXGaToRgiRl88
    Options
    I was also taught to dress modest. But I also realize that God gave me natural 36DD boobs. I do my best to cover them up and not make them a scpectacle. But I wear what makes me comfortable. What matters most is that you are dressing for yourself and not others. I wear what makes me happy, and you should too. If you want to wear a mini skirt, do it. If you want to wear full length skirts, do it. Fashion is supposed to be fun. Just wear proper sizes.
  • norariz
    norariz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't take modesty to the extreme that you do. I generally go by the rule of thumb: "If I wouldn't want my SO's head to turn at some other woman because she was wearing something like this, I probably shouldn't be wearing it in public either." My reasons for modesty do have more to do with biblical convictions rather than insecurity, or mere prudishness, or any other reason. Men are easily turned on by what they see, and I wouldn't want to be responsible for causing someone to lust after me instead of their wife because, according to God's Word, for a man to even have a lustful thought about any woman other than his wife is considered adultery. Look at the story of David and Bathsheba. Their affair started with a single lustful thought in David's mind. That's just my belief/opinion on the matter. You asked, so I answered. I don't expect anyone else to agree with me or even understand my point of view. This isn't meant to stir the pot in any way.

Very interesting, I never thought of being the reason for someone else's sin before. Thank you for sharing.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...though I am generally covered up, I like to wear fitted clothes. I am short, so loose fitting clothes tend to make me look shorter!!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Mostly i am a tee shirt an jeans kinda girl,but i do like low cut,i do like tight,and when i go out i am not very modest. i dress for me,i wear what i like. I dont really care what anyone else thinks of it.
  • llacos54
    llacos54 Posts: 8
    Options
    WHAT IS MODEST? I WEAR JEANS/SLACKS I DON'T FEEL OVER SHOWING ANYWHERE... IF YOUR COMFORTABLE IN YOUR SKIN..MODEST SHOULDNT PLAY A ROLE.. JUST DRESS AS YOU FEEL .. SOME DAYS MODEST AND SOME DAYS PROVOCATIVE..