Irritating NSV....What's Yours?

Options

Replies

• Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    How long does it take from beginning a diet to start seeing these sort of things happening?

It depends on how tall you are, how much you have to lose, how fit/muscular you are, and whole bunches of other things (incl. how well-tailored your clothes are).

Checked your profile - you've lost 22 lbs (whoo hoo! congrats :flowerforyou: )
    I'd expect you to be seeing looser waistbands, bra straps needing re-cinching, slacks falling longer over the foot, etc., any time now. Loose rings or shoes takes a good deal longer/may not happen at at all, because hands & feet are not where we carry most of our fat.

As for the recliner thing - that depends a lot on the exact design of your chair (and the cooperativeness of your cat :wink: ).
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Oh! And having my engagement ring sized down 4 sizes was costly, not long had it done and I need another down. >:(
  • Ripleyzmom
    Options
    My biggest NSV has been when I told my trainer that I never wanted to see the wussy 5lb weights again. He worried for a week that I was going to hurt myself. Now he's actually pushing me to the "fail" point weight-wise. He even told me that I may be heavy, but I am strong and healthy! As soon as I get all this nasty fat off I am going to be one physically fit human being!

The scale may not be moving as fast, but the inches are flying! I was able to buy a pair of blue jeans in wallyworld two weeks ago, and now they are falling off my butt! Plus I can actually see muscles in my forearms!
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I think I had my first NSV yesterday evening.

I can take my ACU pants off without having to undo the top button....and I have to wrap the excess web belt twice to keep it from hanging down and showing.

This MFP thing is working.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i can finally see in my body that im losing - i can look in the mirror and tell that im smaller.
    but im much more jiggly than i used to be >.>
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My pants falling down when we do bunny hops at bootcamp... tonight I had to grab the resistance cords and tie them around my waist... new pants tomorrow!
  • clintbritt3
    clintbritt3 Posts: 123
    Options
    Going down a pant size, thinking they will finally fit my waist and then realizing I should have bought another size down.....
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That I almost need to buy new bras. (When you are a 36H it is an expensive proposition)
    I feel (some of) your pain, being a ("mere") 44F. Do I buy new bras now, or should I wait unti the situation is truly dire?
    (contemplating just buying a really, really wide Ace bandage) (no, not really ;) )
    now THAT made me laugh!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have a paper route and quite often ( when the paper is on the smaller side) I will hand bomb the papers. They are heavy regardless. I run my route and only have 1 free hand as the other one holds a stack of papers. My yoga pants always fall down! I only have 1 available hand to constantly pull them up and to make sure nothings hanging out. Irritating? Yes!
  • gobifree59
    gobifree59 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My NSV is FINALLY being able to do a yoga shoulder stand w/o my tummy getting in the way!
  • Dawn200321
    Dawn200321 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My bras dont fit, my pants dont fit, shirts dont fit and even my underwear doesnt fit!! Most people I tell this to tell me they would love to have my problems lol
  • bunnylvr
    bunnylvr Posts: 78
    Options
    My HRM won't stay in place around my rib cage, I keep having to readjust it when I am running. Also, working harder to burn more calories.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    Cold cold cold.. all the time !!
  • CHUBBYLOVLEY
    CHUBBYLOVLEY Posts: 65 Member
    Options

^^^THIS annnndddd..The uneven weight loss in my thighs I have hills and valleys on my thighs! Just gross
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ones here. I no longer displace enough water in my jacuzzi bathtub to turn the jets on -water blows everywhere! I have to wait for the hot water heater to warm up another 40 gallons to fill more hot water!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Most annoying nsv is my engagement ring is 6 sizes too big. Took it to be resized and they told me it wasn't possible. Only a max of 3 sizes can be done. Ill never be able to wear it! There's no point getting another (and can't afford it) because I have 70lbs more to loose so I haven't got one to wear right now. :-( all you girls struggling for clothes, I've sold my plus size clothes on ebay and made enough money to buy more! Try it x
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Most annoying nsv would have to be...saving up for my very first pair of skinny jeans, buying them, wearing them once then two weeks later discovering they are too big for me :mad: or is that :happy:
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options

...oh this too, I thought it was just me!
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Putting something on my lap and it falling through my thigh gap lol .. amazing :D but irritating!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    as my jeans are getting smaller so are the pockets...and now my phone wont fit in them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!