What did you have for breakfast to get this great day starte

Options

Replies

• piesh
    piesh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had a container of honey Greek yogurt mixed with 1/4 cup of homemade granola, coffee and water. Doesn't sound like much, but it was a great blend of carbs and protein to get me through my workout.
    Now I need to figure out lunch!

What's in your homemade granola if you don't mind sharing? Do you know the nutritional info for it?
  • beccie2012
    beccie2012 Posts: 18
    Options
    Oatmeal! Just the one person serving with organic brown sugar (a pinch), 6 dark chocolate chips and a dash of chopped pecans. Fills me up for at least three hours.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    you might say my breakfast was 'boring' because I eat the same thing EVERY morning of the week, but I love it so who cares?!:laugh:

100g 3% So Organic Greek Yogurt
    50g all-natural fruit&nut Muesli
    1 small apple (cut up)

313 cals and it gets me all the way to lunch! :flowerforyou: Love my breakfast and I don't know what I am going to do when I go back to the States and the muesli which costs a fortune there. :sad:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I had an organic banana, a hard-boiled egg, and a 4-oz container of Dannon Light & Fit vanilla yogurt (nonfat). I was glad to eat the yogurt, because it was my last Dannon and now I get to eat the Greek yogurt--yummy!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I had a bowl of steel cut oats with a bit of fat free vanilla creamer and a dash of brown sugar for breakfast today.
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    honey nut cherrios and 2% milk not very creative .... but it's good on the budget
    and in case your wondering yes that's my sugar for the day:laugh:
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I had half a peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat bread.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Wow some of you had a yummy sounding breakfast! I had Fiber One shredded mini wheats with 1/2 cup1% milk--250 calories. Cindy :heart:
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    In honor of Cinco de Mayo I had 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg all scrambled with a 1/4 cup mixture of black bean, corn, red onions, and cilantro. I topped it off with shredded 2% cheddar cheese and spicy green salsa. Yummy!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    multigrain waffles
    sugar free syrup
    1 tbp PB
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Turkey sausage, with .25 cup of egg beaters sprinkle with FF cheddar cheese on 100% whole wheat toast.....so good and better than the crap you get in the fast food joints.:wink:
    Turkey sausage-100 calories
    .25 cup egg beaters-30
    FF cheddar cheese-45
    Whole wheat toast-100
    275 calories
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    3 poached eggs
    on 35 calorie low carb whole wheat bread.

low caf coffee
    water water water
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Got some fantastic breakfast ideas now. Thanks guys! :)

I had:

1/2 cup of Pro Plus strawberry yogurt
    3 sliced strawberries
    1/2 banana

2 glasses of water
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

This one was Wonder light wheat bread, but normaly I eat Sara Lee 45 cal whole wheat, and its real good!
    [/quote]

We don't have Wonder light in California anymore. I sure miss the hamburger and hot dog buns. Do you still have those?
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I had an omlette too.

1 C Frozen mixed vegetables
    1/2 C Egg Beaters
    1 slice mozzerella Cheese

170 Calories total.

Oh plus I put salsa all over the top & I had an orange too.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    All of your breakfast sounds so good. The main meal of the day. I love the yogurt and fruit too. I usally have my yogurt as a snack before bedtime. I just started SBD into my second week. For now I have PLain yogurt and 1 t. of cherrry extracts . 1 pkg of stevia. It keeps my blood sugar stabilize thru the night.

Caliecat
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I had a half a cup of breakstones fat free cottage cheese, a cup of strawberries and 2 cups of water. It was surprisingly feeling and very low fat/low calories. A great healthy way to start my first day of my new diet and life.
  • SaritaChiquita
    SaritaChiquita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Steel Cut Oats with:
    1/4 C skim milk
    1/2 t Cinnamon
    1/2 C Blueberries
    Scrambled eggs with:
    1/2 C Eggbeaters
    6 sliced of turkey pepperoni

= 312 Calories

*Oh, and a cup of Numi Jasmine Green tea :heart:

179108.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    3/4 Cup All Bran
    1/2 Banana
    1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries
    1 Cup Soy Milk (light plain)

So good and this keeps me full for so long!
  • rowie
    rowie Posts: 75
    Options
    i had 1 packet of flax seed oatmeal and a serving of strawberry yogurt with some jasmine green tea. some almonds and dried apricots have held me over to lunch. when i think i MUST have another snack i just drink a glass of water, it usually helps.