WRAPPING STOMACH WITH PLASTIC WRAP?!! SAFE?

Options

Replies

• lconverse
    Options
    SADLY there is no 'quick fix' to losing tummy fat... Unless you can shell out the money for plastic surgery, the only thing you can do is to eat healthy, do extra ab excercises, weight train, cardio, maybe get a trainer if that'll help push you. But sadly there's no magical way. At least not a healthy one.

And come on girl, WHY WOULD YOU WRAP YOUR BELLY WITH PLASTIC WRAP?!? Haven't you thought that if all we needed was a little Saran wrap to have a flat stomach, the whole world would be doing it?! I would invest in plastic wrap stock. :wink:
  • MrsNgounda
    Options
    It works!!!!! And it work and no itz not a waste of time. I wrap my stomach with plastic wrap and I put my sweat belt on over it. I lost alot of inches off my belly and my belly was hanging after having my baby girl. So yes..........do it!!! It work wonders.
  • MrsNgounda
    Options
    Hi, its me again lol posting alot today :)
    um for the past 3days I have been wrapping my stomach and back area with plastic wrap while working out. Its easier for me to break a sweat this way and it catches the sweat pretty good. Then once Im done working out. I take it off.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ITS SAFE TO KEEP DOING THIS??
    I KNOW I CANT KEEP IT ON ALL DAY OR NUTHIN LIKE THAT DUE TO POSSIBLE DEHYDRATION.
    SO I JUST DO IT FOR WORKOUTS THATS ALL..

any advice would be greatly appreciated cuz im about to workout right now :)

It works!!!!! And it work and no itz not a waste of time. I wrap my stomach with plastic wrap and I put my sweat belt on over it. I lost alot of inches off my belly and my belly was hanging after having my baby girl. So yes..........do it!!! It work wonders.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Hi, its me again lol posting alot today :)
    um for the past 3days I have been wrapping my stomach and back area with plastic wrap while working out. Its easier for me to break a sweat this way and it catches the sweat pretty good. Then once Im done working out. I take it off.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ITS SAFE TO KEEP DOING THIS??
    I KNOW I CANT KEEP IT ON ALL DAY OR NUTHIN LIKE THAT DUE TO POSSIBLE DEHYDRATION.
    SO I JUST DO IT FOR WORKOUTS THATS ALL..

any advice would be greatly appreciated cuz im about to workout right now :)

you have to be kidding me.
  • veromancha
    veromancha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Plastic takes years to decompose!! Try a paper bag next time!! :smile: :wink:
  • arbutamuse
    Options

NO - your belly would have gone down alot anyways. That is what normally happens after childbirth. At the most you only sped up the normal process. You may have sped up the reduction of swelling, like putting a tensor bandage on a sprained ankle, but it is a normal process that would have happened any way. Sorry...

Check out this quote from Dr. Donald M. Brown, MD, a San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

"As appealing as it sounds none of the compression type belts work for stretch marks nor excessive skin. There is always some improvement of the abdomen following pregnancy so any claims made attributing this to the compression belt are not valid. The amount of improvement will depend on a host of factors such as how much weight was gained during the pregnancy, how quickly the weight was gained, the condition of the abdomen before the pregnancy, genetics, etc. Stretch marks result from the elastic tissue being torn by rapid skin stretching during pregnancy and as of today there are no creams, nor compression belts which will reverse this. If you are not happy with the appearance of your tummy after your pregnancy seek out a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine your options."

All the other docs on this site agree that Kourtney Kardashian's claims this helped her stomach down after her pregnancy are bogus.

http://www.realself.com/question/belly-bandit-medical-grade-compression-tummy-belly-belts-works
  • SHAMLEYCHAR
    Options
    Holds my fat in..I like it!!!
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this with bubble wrap... At least I will be stress free!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    i've heard of wrapping the tummy in saran wrap and applying castor oil to the belly before wrapping to take out the toxins while you sleep.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thank you, I needed a good laugh after a stressful day at work.
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    Its easier to buy a waist trimmer
    I use it when i run, i sweat alot!!!
    Gotta just keep up with water.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Making yourself sweat more does nothing for you except dehydrate you faster. You're not helping yourself by doing this....at all. Sweat does not equal calories burned.

TRUE!!! Listen to this!!! Just do more Sit ups and let muscles burn your fat around belly!

No, muscles don't burn fat. A deficit of calories is the ONLY thing that causes fat to "burn", & situp are relatively a waste of time compared to compound lifts.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Making yourself sweat more does nothing for you except dehydrate you faster. You're not helping yourself by doing this....at all. Sweat does not equal calories burned.

TRUE!!! Listen to this!!! Just do more Sit ups and let muscles burn your fat around belly!

No, muscles don't burn fat. A deficit of calories is the ONLY thing that causes fat to "burn", & situp are relatively a waste of time compared to compound lifts.

So is quoting a post from 2 years ago.
  • cbiek1192
    Options
    Wrapping your body with saran wrap will promote more sweat, but its not very safe because it can lead to hydration :( it also promotes weight loss, but only water weight (so it will come back ) :(

If you're wanting to wrap why don't you try the Ultimate Body Applicator?
    -tighten, tones, & firms your skin
    -reduces cellulite/stretch marks
    -& it will help you lose actual weight
    -You also drink water so you'll be hydrated :)

If you're interested, let me know :)
    I know a girl.

gethealthygetwealthy.myitworks.com
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Well I'm pretty sure it's safe for sandwiches, so why not the body. It will probably keep you fresh until lunch time. But I hear you shouldn't put it in a microwave. So avoid stepping into any human-sized microwaves.... seriously, even if some web page tells you that sitting in a microwave will help you burn belly fat fast.

Awww :) Look at this little 2012 flashback of Taso!!! :)
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wrapping your body with saran wrap will promote more sweat, but its not very safe because it can lead to hydration :( it also promotes weight loss, but only water weight (so it will come back ) :(

If you're wanting to wrap why don't you try the Ultimate Body Applicator?
    -tighten, tones, & firms your skin
    -reduces cellulite/stretch marks
    -& it will help you lose actual weight
    -You also drink water so you'll be hydrated :)

If you're interested, let me know :)
    I know a girl.

gethealthygetwealthy.myitworks.com

You don't say? :laugh:
  • kerrbie123
    kerrbie123 Posts: 1
    Options
    Last summer I wrapped my thighs, stomach, and upper arms in plastic wrap and put on a hoodie and sweats. I ran on a treadmill for probably 45-60 minutes a day for a month. Just keep yourself hydrated. It made my thighs, arms, and stomach smaller. ????????
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Saran wrap is not breathable. Skin needs to breathe.

Whether or not you break a sweat is not an indicator of calorie burns or how hard you're working, especially when you're making it do it by depriving it of breathability.

EDIT: WHO BROUGHT THIS THING BACK FROM THE DEAD?!
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Water weight. When I wrestled and needed to get to a weight class, we would bundle up and run around. It comes back right after. If it doesn't, you should be wary of dehydration.

I personally wouldn't do it again without the guidance of someone (somewhat) professional to watch out for me. (And, it's generally ****ty and does nothing for long term loss. I was about 53kg naturally and cut to the 51kg class for every tournament in my last year. I was in great shape, but I never stayed at 51kg by sweating it out.)
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I am wrapping a flank steak in Saran Wrap to marinate before I grill it tonight. It will be nice and lean.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    No point dehydrating yourself. In fact a lot of people say you should sip a little bit of water every now and then during your workout so that you don't weigh significantly less after a workout. And I find the more dehydrated I am, the more my performance suffers.