snobbish on MFP?

Options
Brightstar4031
Brightstar4031 Posts: 50 Member
I've been on here regularly now for a week and have read some cool stuff. Also I've noticed that some people seem so stuck up!

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    In any group of this size there will be a predicable number of many personality types, both the ones you like and the ones you don't. It's just statistics.
  • Brightstar4031
    Options
    Yes, that I get. However seems like there are a lot more than usual, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Seems a strange "intro" for your third post to be insulting people.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Basically, what I've found is dont have an opinion on anything in the forums or you will get torn to shreds.

Sucks but I've seen it happen to heaps of people, myself included.

Just weed out the nice ones and stick with them :flowerforyou:
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My guess is that most people on here are here because they are unhappy with their bodies/lives. That would probably cause them to act a certain way. Plus, there are quite a lot of opinionated people. This probably makes up for the other snobs :laugh:

You learn to take the bad with the good. Many people on here are incredibly nice, helpful and encouraging.
  • Brightstar4031
    Options
    Thanks, I sure hope so because this is an awesome tool.
  • confuzzledwife
    confuzzledwife Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I actually found this site to be the most supportive out of the 4 sites I've tried since January, and this is the one I keep coming back to.. I'm sorry you had a negative experience, but there are a lot of really supportive nice people here!!
  • Brightstar4031
    Options
    It's an observation. If your insulted then that's on you.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Some people are, some arent. The people on my friends list are all awesome and super helpful and I think they're great
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Seems a strange "intro" for your third post to be insulting people.

Seems a bit snobbish to me. :drinker:
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I've noticed it too and have been really picky about who I've added as friends since you just don't want to be at the center of all that drama when you're already so focused on your personal goals and lifestyle changes.
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site! I feel like I'm addicted already! I try to also weed out the people who don't see as supportive! Best of luck in your journey! Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Well, I can't speak for others, but I know I'm not a snob. I've never thought I was better than anybody. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Take the know-it-alls with a grain of salt. If they really did know it all, they wouldn't have had a weight problem to begin with. I prefer the people who have worked hard, learned lots along the way, and share their opinions without being judgmental. The forums are crawling with a lot of mean spirited people, but that's on ANY site. There are SO many supportive people around here. If you're positive, you'll find them. :)
  • Brightstar4031
    Options
    :wink: yeah..thanks for al the positive feedback. I really love this site a lot
  • MommaToFour
    MommaToFour Posts: 106
    Options
    Basically, what I've found is dont have an opinion on anything in the forums or you will get torn to shreds.

Sucks but I've seen it happen to heaps of people, myself included.

Just weed out the nice ones and stick with them :flowerforyou:

THIS ^^^^^^^
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i am a snob.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    i am a snob.

This
  • Brightstar4031
    Options
    i am a snob.

at least you admit it
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Yes, that I get. However seems like there are a lot more than usual, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.

Its a HUGE site, with over 18 MILLION users there is (unfortunately for me as a moderator) always going to be some extreme clashes of personality.

Lets keep this thread friendly eh...pretty please