snobbish on MFP?

Options

Replies

• stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Actually, the original post didn't ask a question at all. And the OP didn't seem hopeless or desperately in need of help. She just said she saw some cool stuff then made a generalization about people being stuck up without giving any examples of what she was talking about. Anyone who has been on the internet for more than a day should know that any public FREE site is going to have all kinds of people on it.

And 10 people can have 10 different perceptions of the same thing. I have encountered dozens of extremely knowledgeable people on this site who are kind enough to share what they know with me FOR FREE & regardless of how fat, lazy, hopeless or desperate I have ever been, I still have at least half a brain & I can tell who knows what they're talking about. I've found that a lot of people (mostly newer people) will ask questions about something weight-loss related & when people try to help, they just counter with all the excuses that kept them fat in the first place.
  • Robbie32
    Robbie32 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: snobbish on MFP?
    That is a question. Right? But regardless what you say is a true Generalization and does not speak for each individual. There is no way for you to know how this girl is feeling by her question or responses. Just like it is impossible for me to know how what ur going through (though by this post I would assume that you have some major I want to be type A issues and making others feel small makes me feel big). I learned this in Kindergarten. I was posing a question about what others including you may have felt before and the not so general person that may really need help at the time. (Weather they are ready to accept it at that time or not) Seeds need water and don't grow over night!! As we are all in this with a common purpose let us use our whole mind (brain) and heart. I know that this can be difficult for some to comprehend espcially when your goal is halfbrained. GB
  • stubbysticks
    Options
    This is too hilarious not to respond to. Using a question mark doesn't make it a question, but it would be a waste of time to explain that since you are clearly not an English teacher. I also find it humorous that you are so judgmental of me & many others who have commented here, condemning us for have a freaking sense of humor.

Stop taking the internet so seriously. Geesh.
  • Robbie32
    Options
    Ooops. Brightstar, I thought you were young, like under 21 young sorry for calling you a girl. Your picture is beautiful I would never have guessed your age!
  • Robbie32
    Options
    Seriously, your comment wasn't funny at all. Obviously her question was "Is it just me or have others come across some folks that seem snobbish"? Doesn't take an English teacher to figure that out. You argue for its own sake and you may find that funny but I assure you that its not in anyway grammatically, contextually, or philisophically humorous. I know jokes and I know bullies, I"m just giving you a reply to your irresponsible disrespectful posts and you countered with another one a little bit more nasty than the first. I think that says more about you than about me. Don't you. Hope I spelled that right. No matter how I spell it you probably won't understand it so I just let you be honey. GB
  • stubbysticks
    Options
    Lol, appreciate it.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    It's an observation. If your insulted then that's on you.

and this seems an unproblematic statement to you? Basically "i think this. therefore i'm right. so suck it." ?
  • meerkat70
    Options
    so should I eat back my exercise calories or not?

only by the light of a full moon, while wearing red sparkly shoes.

Photos obligatory.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Seriously, your comment wasn't funny at all. Obviously her question was "Is it just me or have others come across some folks that seem snobbish"? Doesn't take an English teacher to figure that out. You argue for its own sake and you may find that funny but I assure you that its not in anyway grammatically, contextually, or philisophically humorous. I know jokes and I know bullies, I"m just giving you a reply to your irresponsible disrespectful posts and you countered with another one a little bit more nasty than the first. I think that says more about you than about me. Don't you. Hope I spelled that right. No matter how I spell it you probably won't understand it so I just let you be honey. GB

i'm not clear. how was the post irresponsible?
    And don't you think it a tad hyperbolic to describe a post querying grammar as 'bullying'?
  • Robbie32
    Options

i'm not clear. how was the post irresponsible?
    And don't you think it a tad hyperbolic to describe a post querying grammar as 'bullying'?
  • Robbie32
    Options
    The intent in querying my grammer was to undermine my post and was unnecessary. As for irresponsible my opinion is that it is important that we weigh our words before presenting them in response to others and not simply try to shut others down because they have an opinion that differs from our own. I actually had no problem with any of the posts that I saw from stubbysticks uo to that point, I was simply stating my opinion on some of the replies that the poster was getting that I felt were negative. She posted that I was condeming her and others posts and that was simply not true. I just think that there is a more positive way of getting our points across! I really enjoy MFP and love reading the posts.
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Seems a strange "intro" for your third post to be insulting people.

Ahhhh this is the type of person she means!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I see. And the more positive way was getting defensive and calling her a bully?
  • Robbie32
    Options
    This is too hilarious not to respond to. Using a question mark doesn't make it a question, but it would be a waste of time to explain that since you are clearly not an English teacher. I also find it humorous that you are so judgmental of me & many others who have commented here, condemning us for have a freaking sense of humor.

Stop taking the internet so seriously. Geesh.
  • Robbie32
    Options
    I think her response was an act of bullying. Disrespecting someone personally (in this case my inabliltiy to understand basic grammer and punctuation/ my attempt to judge and condemn other fellow posters) in a effort to undermine their comments and validate your own. I could have used other descripitive terms but I felt that was accurate especially since neither of the comments were true.
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    None of this is real. There is no spoon.

What are you saying? If there is no spoon, then what the heck am I bending here? :wink: :laugh:
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Those of you who think they know everything are very annoying to those of us who do.

:smile:
    You mean "Those of you who think YOU know everything..."

OH SNAP!

By default, those of us that know everything, know irony!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

What are you saying? If there is no spoon, then what the heck am I bending here? :wink: :laugh:

It is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Basically, what I've found is dont have an opinion on anything in the forums or you will get torn to shreds.

Sucks but I've seen it happen to heaps of people, myself included.

Just weed out the nice ones and stick with them :flowerforyou:

this.
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

It is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

No wonder my back hurts then, haha :laugh: (yes, I've seen the movie, it's one of my favs, but I couldn't resist :tongue: ) Where is my red pill?