Here's an idea, if you don't like what they post...

Options
just don't answer them...like if they say "I'm going to do HCG" and you don't like that, shut the thread and move on...if they say "I'm going to eat high carb/ low carb" "I'm gonna cut off a limb" ...whatever if you don't agree or have something supportive to say just shut your PIEHOLE!

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I want to disagree with this post somehow
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be a better idea to offer some facts and real information about a subject that may be unhealthy to an individual, instead of just ignoring it or blindly supporting anything they do? A lot of people try to do some really stupid, unhealthy things because they don't know any better, and I'd rather take a chance to maybe help someone, rather than just ignore it and hope it goes away.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be a better idea to offer some facts and real information about a subject that may be unhealthy to an individual, instead of just ignoring it or blindly supporting anything they do? A lot of people try to do some really stupid, unhealthy things because they don't know any better, and I'd rather take a chance to maybe help someone, rather than just ignore it and hope it goes away.

I would classify that as supportive, which would be great, but I'm really talking about the ones who just jump to "oh that's stupid" or "enjoy gaining it all back"...that's not helpful!
  • reaolliemama
    Options
    I want to disagree with this post somehow

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    In the case of HCG/VLCDs or cutting off a limb, I'm pretty sure most responders are trying to be helpful by offering information on risks and actual efficacy. In the case of low/high carb or other dietary preferences, whatever, different things help different people get through the day.
  • reaolliemama
    Options
    In the case of HCG/VLCDs or cutting off a limb, I'm pretty sure most responders are trying to be helpful by offering information on risks and actual efficacy. In the case of low/high carb or other dietary preferences, whatever, different things help different people get through the day.

I guess it's all in the way the helpful information is delivered...you're right a lot of folks are helpful, but the ones that attack like it's a personal thing really get on my nerves...I've been known to offer advice myself, but I don't get so POed that they suggest something I don't agree with that I attack them on a personal level.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the internet. LOL
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

I guess it's all in the way the helpful information is delivered...you're right a lot of folks are helpful, but the ones that attack like it's a personal thing really get on my nerves...I've been known to offer advice myself, but I don't get so POed that they suggest something I don't agree with that I attack them on a personal level.

I agree and sometimes the snarky comments are a big turn off for newbies. Sometimes responders have a 'oh, THIS again, sheesh' tone and it's not really helpful for people who haven't read the same arguements over and over and just makes them defensive. The best you can do is just offer advice in a non-judgemental way and hope they take your advice for what it's meant to be.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    just don't answer them...like if they say "I'm going to do HCG" and you don't like that, shut the thread and move on...if they say "I'm going to eat high carb/ low carb" "I'm gonna cut off a limb" ...whatever if you don't agree or have something supportive to say just shut your PIEHOLE!

if you dont like other people giving their opinions on a public forum maybe you need to shut your pie hole or close the thread,it goes both ways,telling people to shut their piehole is not very supportave you know
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    on this subject, or maybe even more to the point, is how some folks read emotions and attitudes into posts. Like this one girl posted something the other day and I read it, just for what it said, but several posters read "anger" and "bad attitude" and "condescending" and other negative emotions into it.

So I thought, "did I miss something?" and reread it to see, and I still couldn't find all that emotional stuff anywhere.

What is behind this phenomena? Anybody know?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna stick a knife in my eye. Please support me!

Oops, somebody beat me to it
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/519301-sticking-a-knife-in-my-eye-what-are-your-thoughts
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    This is a website dedicated to helping people get healthy. If people are doing unhealthy things, and posting about them in a PUBLIC forum, I'm going to publicize my opinion.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    So im thinking of robbing a bank because money is tight this month,nobody better tell me what a stupid idea that is because this site is FOR SUPPORT!!!
  • katema62
    katema62 Posts: 15
    Options
    I agree to a certain extent but if you say HGH is stupid or dumb or some other diet...how would you know unless you have gone on that diet and seen that it has not worked.

When I give suggestions is when I have done it and it worked or didn't work.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry...
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

if you dont like other people giving their opinions on a public forum maybe you need to shut your pie hole or close the thread,it goes both ways,telling people to shut their piehole is not very supportave you know

This reply just cracked me up.

Word for the day is Piehole, please use grammatically correct.

Thank you.

:laugh:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    welcome-to-internet.jpg
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry...

im gonna have to disagree with you on that....
  • JenPro77
    JenPro77 Posts: 16
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

"I have a better idea, how about I give you a spoon and you eat my *kitten*" quote from a movie