Here's an idea, if you don't like what they post...

Replies

• mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    I've started taking pills from my parents medicine cabinet. I really feel like these are helping me loose weight.

you're my hero. :love:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    I have to change my previous statement. This ENTIRE THREAD is cracking me up!
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 308 Member
    OMG...too F'ing funny!
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    I have to laugh everytime I see posts like this. Apparently I'm the weird one that likens discussion boards and chat as walking into a room of people. It's social.

Now....if I walk into a room of people and happen to disagreement with something in the topic of discussion. I will offer my thoughts, being as I don't want my *kitten* kicked, I do it politely. I don't try to FORCE my opinion down their throats. If they are offering advice, I take the best and leave the rest. I have no need to debate it with them. I hope they do the same with my advice...take the best and leave the rest.

I think the fact that you are basically annonymous on the internet, folks can use a lot of passive agressive that compensates for their personal life. :D:D

Hold on....let me get my flame retardant suit.

hahahaha
  • i understand what your talking about.. i dont believe any one should attack you on a personal level due to a diet choice.. i know most people who have struggled with weight have all tried something "stupid" in a drastic moment. i think that if i read something and im concerned for your health in trying it then i will say so.. no need to call you dumb or anything like that but i may say hey i dont think thats a good idea cause ive tried it or ive read ""enter supporting document"" and it says its not healthy.

Mfp is suppose to be a place to help one another out.. god knows if your over weight you have been talked down to enough.. i understand the people saying that its a public question on public forum but snide hurtfull remarks only make you look like a child not an intelligent adult to except advice from.

we are suppose to take care of one another here.. it should NOT be like a repeat of highschool where people gang up on you cause you ask advice.. even if they dont agree with it.

JUST TRY TO SAY THINGS THE SAME WAY YOU WOULD TELL YOUR GRANDMOTHER, THAT WAY YOU ARE BEING KIND BUT STILL INFORMATIVE.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    I have to laugh everytime I see posts like this. Apparently I'm the weird one that likens discussion boards and chat as walking into a room of people. It's social.

Now....if I walk into a room of people and happen to disagreement with something in the topic of discussion. I will offer my thoughts, being as I don't want my *kitten* kicked, I do it politely. I don't try to FORCE my opinion down their throats. If they are offering advice, I take the best and leave the rest. I have no need to debate it with them. I hope they do the same with my advice...take the best and leave the rest.

I think the fact that you are basically annonymous on the internet, folks can use a lot of passive agressive that compensates for their personal life. :D:D

hahahaha

if someone is standing infront of me telling me something i think is stupid,i will tell them so in the exact same words i would use if they posted it online
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Yum... pie.. :love:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member

hahahaha

if someone is standing infront of me telling me something i think is stupid,i will tell them so in the exact same words i would use if they posted it online

^^^Yep, something akin to "Are you out of your ****ing mind???" Unfortunately, I can't use multiple punctuation marks when speaking because I so would!
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 483 Member
    Thanks!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    Hey. Did someone mention pie?

I like pie.

And pine cone bird feeders.

And Tae Bo.
  • thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    Wouldn't it be a better idea to offer some facts and real information about a subject that may be unhealthy to an individual, instead of just ignoring it or blindly supporting anything they do? A lot of people try to do some really stupid, unhealthy things because they don't know any better, and I'd rather take a chance to maybe help someone, rather than just ignore it and hope it goes away.

I would classify that as supportive, which would be great, but I'm really talking about the ones who just jump to "oh that's stupid" or "enjoy gaining it all back"...that's not helpful!

I completely agree. If you have some helpful criticism, post it, as long as you have facts that support this. Not, my best friends, husband's, sister's, husband's trainer said... But going into a post that you don't agree with and just posting "what kind of world are we living in?" is not supportive, helpful or informative. Just don't post anything if you feel that way.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    if you dont like other people giving their opinions on a public forum maybe you need to shut your pie hole or close the thread,it goes both ways,telling people to shut their piehole is not very supportave you know
    I want to thank you for keeping the phrase "shut your pie hole" alive. I support that. Also, I love pie.

which hole is the piehole again because i think ive been putting it in the wrong place
    Check your goal hole. All answers lie within.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 483 Member
    i understand what your talking about.. i dont believe any one should attack you on a personal level due to a diet choice.. i know most people who have struggled with weight have all tried something "stupid" in a drastic moment. i think that if i read something and im concerned for your health in trying it then i will say so.. no need to call you dumb or anything like that but i may say hey i dont think thats a good idea cause ive tried it or ive read ""enter supporting document"" and it says its not healthy.

Mfp is suppose to be a place to help one another out.. god knows if your over weight you have been talked down to enough.. i understand the people saying that its a public question on public forum but snide hurtfull remarks only make you look like a child not an intelligent adult to except advice from.

we are suppose to take care of one another here.. it should NOT be like a repeat of highschool where people gang up on you cause you ask advice.. even if they dont agree with it.

JUST TRY TO SAY THINGS THE SAME WAY YOU WOULD TELL YOUR GRANDMOTHER, THAT WAY YOU ARE BEING KIND BUT STILL INFORMATIVE.

I think I love you!!!! You so totally got what I was saying!!!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Wouldn't it be a better idea to offer some facts and real information about a subject that may be unhealthy to an individual, instead of just ignoring it or blindly supporting anything they do? A lot of people try to do some really stupid, unhealthy things because they don't know any better, and I'd rather take a chance to maybe help someone, rather than just ignore it and hope it goes away.

I would classify that as supportive, which would be great, but I'm really talking about the ones who just jump to "oh that's stupid" or "enjoy gaining it all back"...that's not helpful!

I completely agree. If you have some helpful criticism, post it, as long as you have facts that support this. Not, my best friends, husband's, sister's, husband's trainer said... But going into a post that you don't agree with and just posting "what kind of world are we living in?" is not supportive, helpful or informative. Just don't post anything if you feel that way.

who gets to decide what opinions people are allowed to have on a public forum? is there a commitee?
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    I agree to a certain extent but if you say HGH is stupid or dumb or some other diet...how would you know unless you have gone on that diet and seen that it has not worked.

When I give suggestions is when I have done it and it worked or didn't work.

This is exactly why I snort meth every day, drink and drive, and eat raw chicken. So I can earn the experience to tell people they are stupid things to do. And I'm starting HCG tomorrow since this is the last day of my juice cleanse detox belly fat blaster Dr. Oz groundbreaking weightloss system. Who's with me?! :noway:

I am just going to document your results, put them on my spreadsheet, quantify them, verify, boil, and adjust it to mean what I want it to mean and disseminate it as fact. We can write a book, make millions, then hate each other, each write a book about how the other is wrong, make millions more, have a reunion tour where we iron out our differences and sing kum ba yah making billions, and then can afford to hire stunt doubles.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Hey. Did someone mention pie?

I like pie.

And Tae Bo.

the peanut-butter pine cone ones?
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    I agree to a certain extent but if you say HGH is stupid or dumb or some other diet...how would you know unless you have gone on that diet and seen that it has not worked.

When I give suggestions is when I have done it and it worked or didn't work.

This is exactly why I snort meth every day, drink and drive, and eat raw chicken. So I can earn the experience to tell people they are stupid things to do. And I'm starting HCG tomorrow since this is the last day of my juice cleanse detox belly fat blaster Dr. Oz groundbreaking weightloss system. Who's with me?! :noway:

I am just going to document your results, put them on my spreadsheet, quantify them, verify, boil, and adjust it to mean what I want it to mean and disseminate it as fact. We can write a book, make millions, then hate each other, each write a book about how the other is wrong, make millions more, have a reunion tour where we iron out our differences and sing kum ba yah making billions, and then can afford to hire stunt doubles.

and then, because I dont listen to people that tell me what to do, I will snort meth every day, drink and drive, and eat raw chicken as well..... because you told me not to and I need to prove you wrong.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member

the peanut-butter pine cone ones?

Duh.

Hey, is a pie hole like a goal hole? I just want to keep my holes straight.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member

who gets to decide what opinions people are allowed to have on a public forum? is there a commitee?

I want to be on the commitee. Where do I sign up?
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    I want to disagree with this post somehow

^this