Here's an idea, if you don't like what they post...

Replies

• zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    So im thinking of robbing a bank because money is tight this month,nobody better tell me what a stupid idea that is because this site is FOR SUPPORT!!!

I will drive the Get Away car...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I didn't even know i HAD a goal hole! This is very exciting news...
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member

And pine cone bird feeders.

the peanut-butter pine cone ones?

Duh.

Hey, is a pie hole like a goal hole? I just want to keep my holes straight.

I could take this reply so off topic that the thread would be locked, and I would have my third warning.

so instead, im going to talk about whatever is on my desk.

my phone.
    my keyboard.
    a usb drink warmer/cooler
  • MrDude_1
    awesome shirt.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    awesome shirt.

Thank you :)
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member

I am very ashamed I dont what a goal hole is
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 483 Member

They make those? Where can I get one?
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    JUST TRY TO SAY THINGS THE SAME WAY YOU WOULD TELL YOUR GRANDMOTHER, THAT WAY YOU ARE BEING KIND BUT STILL INFORMATIVE.
    But what if my grandmother is fat and stupid?

Just joking. My grandmothers are all dead.
  • MrDude_1

They make those? Where can I get one?
    yup.. mine looks like this:
    USB_drink_warmer_and_cooler_usb_hub.jpg

I THINK i got it from ThinkGeek.com... but It might have just been off ebay or something. Ive had it for 4+ years now.. lol
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    JUST TRY TO SAY THINGS THE SAME WAY YOU WOULD TELL YOUR GRANDMOTHER, THAT WAY YOU ARE BEING KIND BUT STILL INFORMATIVE.
    But what if my grandmother is fat and stupid?

Just joking. My grandmothers are all dead.

That doesn't preclude the previously stated conditions. It just makes it semi difficult to prove.
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    just don't answer them...like if they say "I'm going to do HCG" and you don't like that, shut the thread and move on...if they say "I'm going to eat high carb/ low carb" "I'm gonna cut off a limb" ...whatever if you don't agree or have something supportive to say just shut your PIEHOLE!

In some ways I agree, but in others I don't. If someone posted they were going to hang themselves tonight, wouldn't you want a few "don't do it's" or more "hey me too!!!'s" ?

I think this is a support site yet also guidance. If someone is doing something that I think would hurt them, my morals would want me to at least try to warn them - not badger them - but give my opinion.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,035 Member
    I don't think using a term like "PIEHOLE" is a good idea for dieting and health conscious individuals, perhaps something like "WHOLEGRAINHOLE" would be more supportive...

LOL...

but yea, I would have to agree with the people who said "welcome to the internet"... unfortunately, there is no way you will stop people from giving their opinions, in whichever way they do... learn to live with it....
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member

And pine cone bird feeders.

the peanut-butter pine cone ones?

Duh.

Hey, is a pie hole like a goal hole? I just want to keep my holes straight.

I could take this reply so off topic that the thread would be locked, and I would have my third warning.

so instead, im going to talk about whatever is on my desk.

my phone.
    my keyboard.

I love lamp.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I don't usually bash people for what they post...but if they ask for opinions on something that is ridiculous and unhealthy to do then by all means I am going to add a comment. Not to be a jerk, but to hopefully protect them from doing something stupid.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Thank you for finally posting this! I have been thinking it since the day i joined!!!:drinker:
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    In the case of HCG/VLCDs or cutting off a limb, I'm pretty sure most responders are trying to be helpful by offering information on risks and actual efficacy. In the case of low/high carb or other dietary preferences, whatever, different things help different people get through the day.

The scientific support is the same for HCG, VLCDs, as for high carb/low carb, so I fail to see why we would distinguish. I think we all agree on cutting off a limb thing...
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    but we're human, we can't always agree or be supportive of everything, that's what these forums are for, for all kinds of opinions, if we all agreed with the post, how boring would life be?? lol
  • i understand what your talking about.. i dont believe any one should attack you on a personal level due to a diet choice.. i know most people who have struggled with weight have all tried something "stupid" in a drastic moment. i think that if i read something and im concerned for your health in trying it then i will say so.. no need to call you dumb or anything like that but i may say hey i dont think thats a good idea cause ive tried it or ive read ""enter supporting document"" and it says its not healthy.

Mfp is suppose to be a place to help one another out.. god knows if your over weight you have been talked down to enough.. i understand the people saying that its a public question on public forum but snide hurtfull remarks only make you look like a child not an intelligent adult to except advice from.

we are suppose to take care of one another here.. it should NOT be like a repeat of highschool where people gang up on you cause you ask advice.. even if they dont agree with it.

I think I love you!!!! You so totally got what I was saying!!!

awe! yay! i understand your frustration! just let it roll off your back hun! there are plenty of supportive people out there that are willing to help you with good information and some personal experience! just ignore the other comments.. they are not needed in your world!
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Could we please just STOP talking about P-I-E-S? Please!! :noway:
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    In the case of HCG/VLCDs or cutting off a limb, I'm pretty sure most responders are trying to be helpful by offering information on risks and actual efficacy. In the case of low/high carb or other dietary preferences, whatever, different things help different people get through the day.

The scientific support is the same for HCG, VLCDs, as for high carb/low carb, so I fail to see why we would distinguish. I think we all agree on cutting off a limb thing...

That may be true as I don't know nearly as much about these subjects as a lot of other commenters, however I personally have never seen reports of people losing their hair or aquiring hormonal imbalances from doing a low-carb diet. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen, just means I have noticed quite a few reports of those problems with HCG/VLCD (quite a few here on MFP) but haven't noticed it with people doing various food-group eliminations. So I tend to see HCG/VLCD as having possible risks to a person's health that other more 'mainstream' diets do not. Just my personal perspective, I do not claim to be an expert at all.