I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options

Replies

• thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I had a friend of mine (who is a spin teacher and sees a personal trainer three times a week and weighs probably around 125 lbs) complain she was fat to another friend of mine that was 8 months pregnant. The pregnant woman felt like a house especially when she taught spin off and on. It really made the pregnant woman feel fat that this 125 lb chick thought she was fat.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    i think they are fishing for compliments/attention....
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I've been on both ends...both fat & skinny. I always felt I needed to do better no matter, she probably is gaining a small amount of weight but in her eyes it might be large.
  • Bunnie_Rex
    Bunnie_Rex Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I see it on both sides. I do agree, I hate when skinny people say, "oh Im sooo fat" because that makes me wonder what they must think of me....but Ive also been a position where a person larger than me has stated how they wished they could be MY size...

So, personally, I just focus on my own goals and if my skinny friend says she needs to lose a few pounds, I just tell her "good luck" and give her my turkey chili recipe, lol!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain that they are fat! Have a "skinny friend" tells me she needs to lose weight becasue she can't even look at herself in the mirror anymore. What that makes me???? A cow??? Do perfect fit people around you say the same thing?

skinny people are just as able to have body issues and low self confidance as those that are heavier
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    That's when you go shopping, shove them in a flattering dress, and show them just how beautiful they are c:
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I hate when people complain about other peoples' complaints.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i don't know any "perfect fit people." weird...
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Well, skinny is relative. Being "skinny" or "thin" to you doesn't mean that the person feels skinny or has a healthy body fat %, etc. Also, feeling "skinny" is a state of mind. It's not necessarily about physical presentation.

Should I be upset when bigger people who complain about being overweight continue to shovel McDonalds into their mouths? You're doing the same thing but in reverse. Everyone has their own goals and levels of fitness they want to attain. Yours might be where theirs has always been. Their goals have NOTHING to do with YOU. It is a reflection of THEIR own goals, wishes, desires. Don't make it about you.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    yeah nothing irks me more than the 6' size 00 prancing around the gym complaining about her "love handles" wearing a hot pink spandex g string out fit over her to short black (also spandex) shorts and just a bra.......:angry:

Sayings.jpg
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    My best friend is a fitness competitor and she gained 15lbs...5lbs of muscle and approximately 10lbs of fat and she is STILL at approximately 12-15% body fat...and I hear her complain about getting "bigger" all the time...while *I* on the other hand gained like 20lbs of PURE FAT and I feel "bigger" as well. Guess what? We both support each other because we both *feel* out of shape and uncomfortable *WITH OURSELVES* and so we work out together so that each of us can get to our own goals. So yeah...sorry I don't sympathize with your anger OP.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    i think they are fishing for compliments/attention....

So what, perhaps they have low self esteem, and need a boost, does it really hurt?...
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    We all have our own self image and it usually has no bearing on what others look like. I am one that the smaller and more tone I become, the worse (in my head) i need to work out. Some say it for attention but some really think they need to lose the weight.

indeed. i have a coworker who's a size 2 and complains about needing to lose weight. i think she looks perfect, even a little TOO skinny! whereas i'm a healthy size 8 and have a goal to get to a 6. but it's not about size, etc. it's about self-image.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    My best friend is a fitness competitor and she gained 15lbs...5lbs of muscle and approximately 10lbs of fat and she is STILL at approximately 12-15% body fat...and I hear her complain about getting "bigger" all the time...while *I* on the other hand gained like 20lbs of PURE FAT and I feel "bigger" as well. Guess what? We both support each other because we both *feel* out of shape and uncomfortable *WITH OURSELVES* and so we work out together so that each of us can get to our own goals. So yeah...sorry I don't sympathize with your anger OP.

Good on ya, sounds like a good partnership.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own targets. I'm sure there are people worse than you but you are allowed to moan about things.

Just cos there is someone worse off, doesn't mean you aren't allowed to want to improve yourself.

YES! ^^ this!

I try my hardest not to complain that I'm "fat" because I know I m not, but that doesnt mean I dont see ways to improve myself in every way...If I stop aiming to acheive I wouldnt be where I am today.

Good luck with your weight loss goals :)
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    yeah nothing irks me more than the 6' size 00 prancing around the gym complaining about her "love handles" wearing a hot pink spandex g string out fit over her to short black (also spandex) shorts and just a bra.......:angry:

Sayings.jpg

Her perception of herself affects you how?
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I come to the forum boards and it's full of people complaining about meaningless banter.

I think I love you♥

You think? Come on, you KNOW you love me.

I hate when people can't let others have a rant.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain that they are fat! Have a "skinny friend" tells me she needs to lose weight becasue she can't even look at herself in the mirror anymore. What that makes me???? A cow??? Do perfect fit people around you say the same thing?

skinny people are just as able to have body issues and low self confidance as those that are heavier

Agree
  • samandlucysmum
    Options

Sayings.jpg

Her perception of herself affects you how?

Agree...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself. Bigger people aren't the only ones with insecurities. THIS pisses me off.

Agreed. People of ALL shapes and sizes have issues with their body. Ugh!
This discussion has been closed.