I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options

Replies

• JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself. Bigger people aren't the only ones with insecurities. THIS pisses me off.
    *like*
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Everyone strives to improve to their "ideal" body. Would it bother you if she said she was too skinny? OMG why can't I gain weight?
    People are different with different goals. Support each other's goals. Stop comparing and start supporting. That's what friends do.
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ok, then I suppose it's compketly acceptable to walk around the homeless shelter complaining my 2,000 square foot house is just too small? How about a soup kitchen ranting about how starved I am since I skipped breakfast? It's an implied insult. Personally, I would NEVER complain about how damn fat I am to or around someone larger because obviously it would be insulting.

That's not the same, that's just petty & wouldn't happen!
    You never know, the person could have body dismorphia, she could genuinely feel terrible about her appearance & think she's fat.
    If she wants to complain about being fat, then damn well let her! It's not YOUR problem.

I see, so you can complain about this, the skinny girl can complain about being fat, but the heavier person who has to hear about it can't complain about anything?

Hypocrite
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSegemdC3_AVqYq6IW_KyJzPF4flNqOQpsZBzuMMC12REE5vtGIpw
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    you have to realize also that you don't see them naked, they could have a belly or fat in other places.........
  • EmilyMae12
    EmilyMae12 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Personally, unless everybody is talking openly about their body image at the time, I don't think somebody should throw out little sentences while looking in the mirror, etc. It is just a really sensitive subject, and to anybody no matter how big/small could set something off. I say keep it to yourself and if you feel the need to share have a serious discussion with a friend or therapist.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Skinny people smell like cotton candy.

What do fat people smell like, then?

bacon....cause I love bacon !
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    wah. wah. wah.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Ok, then I suppose it's compketly acceptable to walk around the homeless shelter complaining my 2,000 square foot house is just too small? How about a soup kitchen ranting about how starved I am since I skipped breakfast? It's an implied insult. Personally, I would NEVER complain about how damn fat I am to or around someone larger because obviously it would be insulting.

You never know, the person could have body dismorphia, she could genuinely feel terrible about her appearance & think she's fat.
    If she wants to complain about being fat, then damn well let her! It's not YOUR problem.

I see, so you can complain about this, the skinny girl can complain about being fat, but the heavier person who has to hear about it can't complain about anything?

Hypocrite

Who said bigger people can't complain?
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

That is completely ridiculous to compare that situation to somone just feeling insecure about themselves. You're reaching.

I guess skinny people aren't allowed to voice their feelings around larger people. Because the larger person's feelings are more important than the skinny person's.

Exactly. It's like CENSOR YOURSELF BECAUSE I'M FAT AND I CAN DICTATE WHAT YOU TALK ABOUT.
    If you don't like this person, just cut your ties with her, wtf?
  • tonihayden
    Options

Hypocrite
    get em Bill................i agree with you!!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Listen: I'm 111lbs and you have absolutely no right to judge how I feel about MYSELF. The fact that I think I'M fat doesn't reflect on how I feel about anyone else.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Well. I think it's kind of rude for your friend to be doing that. She should pay attention to the people around her before she starts complaining like that.

But at the same time, she has her own targets and your weight and body have nothing to do with that.
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Hypocrite

Who said bigger people can't complain?

You see, this is why I quoted everything. Everyone who is complaining about the complaint is basically saying don't complain.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

Hypocrite

Don't you dare call me a hypocrite when I never said that!
    No matter your size, you can complain about it all you want, it's nothing to do with anyone else!
    If you don't want to hear it, then change the topic of conversation or don't have them as your friend.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

Hypocrite

wasn't that how the thread started?
  • CBranson0503
    Options
    There is an extremely thin girl at my work that was loudly talking about how she ate too many calories for lunch and all she had for lunch was carrots. That annoys me.
    If a "skinny" person complains that they are fat, it doesn't have anything to do with you. I am a recovering anorexic and I used to see myself as fat even when I was at an unhealthy weight. I would see other people, obviously larger than me, and think they were thin or just fine. I am not saying that every skinny person that complains about being fat has an eating disorder, just that it has nothing to do with your own physical appearess or fitness.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Basic respect, politeness and compassion for others.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Why compare yourself?? Just don't. We all have our own battles to fight. No one's battle taken out of context makes as much sense... think about it. You are where you are, she is where she is. Comparisons get you no where fast. Worry about reaching your own goals.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I come to the forum boards and it's full of people complaining about meaningless banter.

I think I love you♥

i'll second this...
This discussion has been closed.