I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    if-a-skinny-person-thinks-theyre-fat-what-do-fat-people-think-they-are.jpg
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I think the word skinny is as offfensive as the word fat.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Skinny people smell like cotton candy.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Ok, then I suppose it's compketly acceptable to walk around the homeless shelter complaining my 2,000 square foot house is just too small? How about a soup kitchen ranting about how starved I am since I skipped breakfast? It's an implied insult. Personally, I would NEVER complain about how damn fat I am to or around someone larger because obviously it would be insulting.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    You can have a smaller person look skinny in their clothes to others, but they could have a high fat %. Maybe she means toning up instead of actually losing so much weight.

You can also have a bigger person with not as much fat %. Bigger doesn't always mean fat.

Also I feel a smaller person shows weight gain so much more than someone larger. If I gain 5 pounds my jeans are tight, if I lose 5 pounds they are baggy. I like to keep in the middle. It's just what you think about your body. Just because you are a bigger size doesn't mean skinny people are referring to you being fat. You can have a very toned, bigger person.I hope I made sense. :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Ok, then I suppose it's compketly acceptable to walk around the homeless shelter complaining my 2,000 square foot house is just too small? How about a soup kitchen ranting about how starved I am since I skipped breakfast? It's an implied insult. Personally, I would NEVER complain about how damn fat I am to or around someone larger because obviously it would be insulting.

Someone else said it perfectly, it's not about you. They're talking to their friends, it has nothing to do with your weight, they're expressing feelings which is what friends are there for.
    Options
    I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain that they are fat! Have a "skinny friend" tells me she needs to lose weight becasue she can't even look at herself in the mirror anymore. What that makes me???? A cow??? Do perfect fit people around you say the same thing?

and, are you certain they weren't referring to their body fat percentage?
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Here is my humble yet honest opinion!

When I have a thin friend say they are so fat I dont pay any attention to what they are saying. Who cares

But what irriates me more is when someone thinks "well if theyre a size 6 and they think they are fat and Im a 22-24 what does that make me? a cow?" Why does what she considers fat have any bearing on you. But yes thats a big size and you know it just as well as I do. So instead of taking what she says about HERSELF personal, use that as motivation to get yourself to a place that you feel comfortable. What those people are saying has nothing to do with you.

This reminds me of a story of my cousin and my uncle. My cousin was crying that her siblings were calling her fat and making fun of her. So he says to her "well are you fat?" she says "yes" he says "then quit your crying and do something about it".
    But then again, we have thick skin in my family.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

That's not the same, that's just petty & wouldn't happen!
    You never know, the person could have body dismorphia, she could genuinely feel terrible about her appearance & think she's fat.
    If she wants to complain about being fat, then damn well let her! It's not YOUR problem.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself. Bigger people aren't the only ones with insecurities. THIS pisses me off.

love
    Options
    You can have a smaller person look skinny in their clothes to others, but they could have a high fat %. Maybe she means toning up instead of actually losing so much weight.

You can also have a bigger person with not as much fat %. Bigger doesn't always mean fat.

Also I feel a smaller person shows weight gain so much more than someone larger. If I gain 5 pounds my jeans are tight, if I lose 5 pounds they are baggy. I like to keep in the middle. It's just what you think about your body. Just because you are a bigger size doesn't mean skinny people are referring to you being fat. You can have a very toned, bigger person.I hope I made sense. :)

Perfectly and I loved it. :bigsmile:
  • TiasF
    TiasF Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    my roommate is 5'2" and weighs 125... i'm 5'2" and weigh 200 + and she stays complaining about how much of a cow she is, & how much she needs to lose weight with me... how is that supposed 2 make me feel?? i understand ppl have their personal goals & i applaud her for trying to get healthier, but saying that she is a cow is now mentally healthy for her, & it def isn't for me... esp since she constantly talks about how i look good the way i am & i dont need to lose weight really... it's contradicting & annoying
  • twilighttabby
    twilighttabby Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a sister-in-law that is like that. She is all of about 130 and she is 5'7 . She is all ways saying " man I am fat,I need to lose weight." I am looking at her and thinking is she saying that but really thinking of me. Is that a "nice" way of saying Tabitha your fat lose weight. I just want to smack her
  • Charleylololol
    Options
    Get over yourself. Bigger people aren't the only ones with insecurities. THIS pisses me off.

THIS.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Skinny people smell like cotton candy.

What do fat people smell like, then?
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Being that it has never happened to me, no danger of making it about me. Simply giving my opinion and stating how I conduct MYSELF socially.
  • amandamickey
    Options
    Everyone has their own targets. I'm sure there are people worse than you but you are allowed to moan about things.

Just cos there is someone worse off, doesn't mean you aren't allowed to want to improve yourself.

Thank you! So true - every single person has something they are striving for in life, whether it be in their personal life, or in regards to fitness/health/etc. If a "skinny" friend is trying to improve something about him/herself, don't take it personally, just remain focused on your own goals towards a healthier and happier you!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

That is completely ridiculous to compare that situation to somone just feeling insecure about themselves. You're reaching.

I guess skinny people aren't allowed to voice their feelings around larger people. Because the larger person's feelings are more important than the skinny person's.
  • mzlynnduh
    mzlynnduh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Seriously who cares what they say about themselves and how it might affect you. She thinks she's fat then tell her to do something about it and not complain or fishing for compliments. It's all perspective and the levels of insecurities.

Think: I don't care what they say about themselves. I shouldn't compare myself to others. I am what I am.
  • emuhawk
    emuhawk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Fat is a feeling as much as it is an objective number. I am technically within the range of healthy weight, but I don't feel good about myself right now, which is why I'm working to change. If I say I feel fat, it has nothing to do with the people around me. I have friends who weigh more than me who I think are beautiful and healthy and if asked I would say they don't need to lose a pound. So when I say "I'm fat" (which I try to avoid - positive thinking!), it honestly doesn't mean anything about anyone else. It is only a reflection of how I feel in my own skin.
This discussion has been closed.