I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options

Replies

• dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It is all in your perception, I think. I am 135 lb, size 10 or sometimes an 8, but I know my healthiest, fittest weight is 120. I have been there before. So yes, I do feel fat and unfit! My clothes don't fit right and I'm uncomfortable, but whenever I say something about it, anyone who is "bigger" than me is like, "oh shut up, you are skinny!" So, seriously, if I am not as big as you are I shouldn't have any issues with my body??? Come on!! We all gotta work it out for our ownselves and be supportive of each other, no matter what!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself. Fat people aren't the only people allowed to feel insecure and want to better their bodies. This site is so full of people talking **** about skinny/thin people. People can't talk **** about fat people, but skinny/thin people are fair game? Ridiculous.
  • buckystars
    buckystars Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself. Bigger people aren't the only ones with insecurities. THIS pisses me off.

This.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I understand that someone can feel like that at any weight HOWEVER it is just plain RUDE to say it around someone obviously bigger than you.
  • buckystars
    buckystars Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I come to the forum boards and it's full of people complaining about meaningless banter.

I think I love you♥

You think? Come on, you KNOW you love me.

I hate when people can't let others have a rant.

If it's extremely offensive, then no.
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    People hating on people in the internet. Can we just all get along? Is it the steroids or the losing weight that makes people angry?
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself. Bigger people aren't the only ones with insecurities. THIS pisses me off.

This pretty much sums it up.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    i think they are fishing for compliments/attention....

wow.... not so much. Not always...
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

100% agree
  • huracan_mery
    huracan_mery Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Agreed. People of ALL shapes and sizes have issues with their body. Ugh!

Yeah, it reminds me of the skinny people who have a problem with "real women have curves" and think it implies they're not real. Please. That slogan is neither about nor intended for skinny people. And a skinny person saying she's fat is not about her bigger friend.

One thing that really signifies crossing the threshhold into maturity is realizing that not everything's about you.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I hate it when I come to the forum boards and it's full of people complaining about meaningless banter.

You don't have to read it do you!!!
  • Motivation4KB
    Motivation4KB Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When I was in highschool we had a girl who was as skinny as a toothpick who would walk around drinking diet coke saying she was on a diet because she was fat.. I told her if your fat i must be skinny ( me weight 286 and her like 95lbs) I told her the more you complain about your body and the more you try to lose whatever fat you do have your just damaging your body..if anything you need to eat... Me having to struggle to lose or just maintain the 286 i was carrying so wouldn't gain I stayed in sports and band..

Whenever I see a skinny person male or female saying they are fat I laugh and say if you only knew the true meaning of being fat..
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I understand that someone can feel like that at any weight HOWEVER it is just plain RUDE to say it around someone obviously bigger than you.

It's not rude at all & you have some serious issues if you let it affect you. It's their body, they should be allowed to feel however they want about it WHENEVER they want.
  • kimiec
    kimiec Posts: 62
    Options
    I have been on both sides of this coin and the problem is most of the time they really beleive thay are fat. Self image problems are huge in the USA. Everytime you pick up a magazine what do you see this perfect woman and we are made to feel we should look like what is on the cover of this magazine and most of us truly beleive we don't even come close to that, truth is we don't those are painted up pics. So even though your friend is skinny I wonder if maybe she really beleives she is fat. If that is the case maybe the two of you could help each other talk to her and tell her how you want to feel good about yourself and just explain to her that her comment hurt you and what you might hear from her might suprise you. Oh I am not saying she could be just saying things like that to you to hurt you but if she is a REAL friend than that isn't the case and if it is then it's time to find a new friend.
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't agree. Everyone wants to feel good about themselves. They don't say that stuff to offend you or imply you are a cow. They might be insecure. If you get offended by it, it is probably because of how you feel about yourself. If you felt that you had a good weight, you would be like, "huh, what a crazy chick" and move along. I know because I have been that skinny girl and the fat girl in my lifetime :P
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

It's not rude at all & you have some serious issues if you let it affect you. It's their body, they should be allowed to feel however they want about it WHENEVER they want.

^ This. It's not about you. They're simply voicing THEIR insecurities. Don't entangle yours with it. It's NOT about you.
  • EmilyMae12
    EmilyMae12 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is 90 pounds and is 5'0, she has always been tiny, and since she is going into college now she is leaving her gymnastics behind. She always says how she needs to diet but she eats normally, and she says it at really innapropriate times. I understand that is can get really annoying, but everybody has their own problems. I just don't like it when they complain all the time . I also understand the frustration when very small girls call themselves "too big" around somebody who is at least 30 pounds bigger than them.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options

You don't have to read it do you!!!

I'm sorry, was your response a question or a statement?
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    i think they are fishing for compliments/attention....

I used to think that, but I think skinny girls talk to skinny girls about this stuff too. So, the fact that they talk to a friend who is heavier about their body image issues means they aren't treating the heavier friend any differently than anyone else.

I say roll with it...
  • dreamybibliophile
    Options
    That's not entirely fair to say. It's taken me a really long time to realize it but there are a whole host of problems that contribute to some people seeing themselves as fat when they're not. I've never been skinny but I've never been obese either and I've always been self-conscious about my weight. Girls who say that they are "fat" when they aren't could stem from Body-Dysmorphic disorder, low self-esteem, depression, or other psychological reasons. The way our society views "thin-ness" also isn't helpful. When all the models on tv and magazines are easily 5'11'' and a size 0 then even the most beautiful girl will feel self-conscious even if they are at a perfectly normal size. It also doesn't help if the girls are constantly being scrutinized about how they look (think of high school cliques, or sororities- it is a documented fact that those in high pressure social situations are more likely to develop issues with their appearance even resulting in eating disorders).

Also, most "skinny" girls have been that way their whole life- being very skinny children so when puberty hits and they start developing and gaining weight in their hips or stomache they are more prone to notice and become uncomfortable with how their body looks. When someone who's been a size 3 all their lives gains 5-10 pounds it would be very noticeable to them although to the average person they would probably look the same and not notice anything at all. This is another reason that some girls complain about being fat when they're not. It would be a more drastic change for them when it wouldn't appear like such a big deal.

Of course, you will always have girls who complain about this just to get attention but it's answer to hate these girls when they are probably suffering from an ED and the undue pressure from society.

As I said, I'm not "skinny". My lowest in high school (while I was constantly active) was around 125 which is very average and all my weight accumulates in my middle. But it's important sometimes to think of other peoples point of view before automatically hating them. And we have to realize everyone has a different genetic makeup, as long as we strive to be happy and healthy by eating right and exercising that's all that should matter.
This discussion has been closed.