What do you think of girls that post up half naked pictures

Options

Replies

• onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    In the end, this is a support site. People should feel comfortable, self-expression is key. They shouldn't have to edit their thoughts or pictures if they are being true to themselves.

What does need cleaned up is the excess negative judgement that exists on these forums.

Who are YOU to determine what someone can or cannot post? We're all here working for a common goal--in some way or another we want to better ourselves, no? Get out of your comfort zone, that's how you create change. The comfort zone sucks.

(Have a little faith in people, that's all I'm sayin'.)

:)
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    In the end, this is a support site. People should feel comfortable, self-expression is key. They shouldn't have to edit their thought or pictures if they are being true to themselves.

What does need cleaned up is the excess negative judgement that exists on these forums.

PREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECHHH!

judgemental people... should really take another look in the mirror. Who are any of us to judge?
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Show it off! If you won a great award, you would surely show it off. Your body is your reward for A LOT of hard work and will power. However, to each their own. Do or dont.. but dont hate the doers. :) Have a great weekend!
  • jiggy_gibby
    jiggy_gibby Posts: 197
    Options
    Who cares? Really, if it bothers you, DON"T LOOK! You control the left click button...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot less time to scroll past a photo you don't want to look at than it takes to complain about it.

That's the nice thing about the way this forum is set up. The avatars are only 100x100 pixels... they're practically postage stamps. And you can quickly scroll past any image you might not like and still read the whole thing. In fact, if you're looking at someone's photo long enough to determine the difference between modest bra & panties vs. a bikini...you're probably staring at it a little too long.
  • jozev
    jozev Posts: 27
    Options
    lol
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I bet if there were as many 250 lb women posting pictures of themselves in their underwear and bikinis that there would be more than a few double standards from those who think it's fine to be 3cm of material short of an R rating for a 115 lb person.

Edited to add that bathing suit looks painful.

Please find me ONE comment like that on this site. I've not seen one. A person should have the right, regardless of weight.

I have seen one (1) on this entire site, in a thread where a young woman that was not yet at her goal encouraged others like her to post bikini/whatever pics in that thread. Many did, and they were applauded by ALL, except one girl that looked like she might have reached her goal pant size, perhaps. She was flamed for saying that women that (paraphrasing) "are 20 or so or more pounds overweight should wear one-piece suites and not post swimsuit pics yet." She was horrible, but like I said, she was taken to the woodshed by dozens of ladies that look like they would qualify for figure competitions.

This is a great community. ♥
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z358/sreya20july/Indian Celebrity Topless/topless_Mandirabedi.jpg[/img]

OMG boobies coverd with bare hands, avert your faces!!!
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm very glad when people post the pictures that show how far they've come - fully dressed or barely dressed. The ones that do show skin generally do so to show off beautifully tones abs, arms, legs, butts - whatever - and that goes for the guys as well as the girls. The amount of skin you want to present to the forums should be your own choice, provided it won't get someone in trouble when they're on the site at work.

Having said that - I am 57 years old and working hard to be able to wear a bikini in Hawaii in July - and if I make it to the weight/tone/fitness level I am striving for, you damn betcha I will post a pic of me in whatever swimwear I buy for the trip, because I will have earned the right to been seen in public and praised for it.

You look AMAZING!!!! Well done! (are you sure your 57? :laugh: )

I say more photos the better! Men and women should both feel free to show off what their hard work has got them!

A lot of these "half naked" photos show more of what people have accomplished. I love seeing what people have done, and how they have changed their body. I don't understand what part is offensive! It's not like their dancing around in front of you, and this is a site for over 18's.
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    This site is about fitness ! If men can put up half naked pictures then why can't women ? We don't need double standards. Just because a woman puts up these pics does not mean she is cheap or starving for attention.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    This site is about fitness ! If men can put up half naked pictures then why can't women ? We don't need double standards. Just because a woman puts up these pics does not mean she is cheap or starving for attention.

Ditto ^^^^ xoxo
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options

well said my dear

tho ya know

haters-gonna-hate-puffin1.jpg
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I always enjoy this debate. The vast majority of users seem to share the same feeling, it's a fitness website and if you're uncomfortable with images of the human body you're quite simply in the wrong place.

Yet still the mods cater to the jealous and spiteful crowd clicking report on people who should be praised for their efforts. It's backwards thinking and just poor service to the MFP community who want to celebrate what they've accomplished.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    <---- I am not anywhere close to being a skanky *kitten*, but I am more than half-naked.

Why I have it up:
    1) It displays the progress I've made (not bad for someone who used to weigh nearly 300 pounds, right?)
    2) It helps me build confidence, which I am sorely lacking in.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    i think they are sluts.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    <---- I am not anywhere close to being a skanky *kitten*, but I am more than half-naked.

Why I have it up:
    1) It displays the progress I've made (not bad for someone who used to weigh nearly 300 pounds, right?)
    2) It helps me build confidence, which I am sorely lacking in.

Awesome well done. You look amazing
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    i think they are sluts.
    true story...we are
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I think the girls that dont are just jealous

(but they are sluts) :flowerforyou:
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    i think they are sluts.
    true story...we are

i love you q.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The latest issue of Shape magazine has a 100% naked actress on the cover, with just strategically placed legs and knees covering the hooha and nips... and that's on display at every checkout line in every grocery store.