What do you think of girls that post up half naked pictures

Options

Replies

• Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    for the first time in my life, i feel comfortable in small amounts of clothing.
    i worked really hard. so, i'm going to show off a little.

when i get to this point I will post a body pic.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    if its lingerie i dont like it. If its a bikini then yay! ;) All MFP bikini babes please send me a friend request! :)

Completely serious question - what's the difference? Don't they both pretty much show the same amount of skin?
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Well why would someone showing off a clothed picture say "I lost two pounds since June" in the first place? There's a difference between "I gained muscle mass, look at my naked body" and "I lost weight, look how my clothes fit now".

I took the February photo in the purple shirt just to prove that point. People were saying, "You can see your progress fully clothed or via your ticker" and that there's no need for anyone to wear a bikini. According to the scale, my ticker or how I looked fully clothed, I HAD no progress. In less fabric... lots of progress.

I love all your comparison pictures! I've seen them on a few threads (I'm not stalking, I swear! :wink:) and I think it is a very good tool to show the progress you've made and also demonstrating that the scale doesn't tell the full story. I wish I had thought of taking pictures like that.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    stands here guilty as ****
    shrug
    i was about to go swimming and i was proud as hell for a change. usually im hating myself and covering up in giant tshirts.

If my recent pride offends someone, they can come cover me up.
    I mean they can try, im pretty damn strong.
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am definitely guilty of posting pictures in very little clothing. But...I've worked my *kitten* off for how my body looks and this is one place where I feel comfortable showing it off! So, in my opinion, if you don't like it, don't look at it.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I am definitely guilty of posting pictures in very little clothing. But...I've worked my *kitten* off for how my body looks and this is one place where I feel comfortable showing it off! So, in my opinion, if you don't like it, don't look at it.

Be proud. You look fantastic
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

As long as you don't post any pics of you in a thong I won't be offended.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

Don't look at my profile pictures, then
  • jpfost
    jpfost Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot of hard work to get into shape. This is a fitness forum after all right. I don't see anything wrong with showing off what you have worked di hard to accomplish!
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options

Uuuum...too late. Lol.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Women OR men.... I don't really care.... Like the guy above me said, this is a fitness forum after all. Be proud of what you have.... No one complains about a picture of my dog hahaha.
  • zooblflot
    zooblflot Posts: 131
    Options
    What's not to love?
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with it. I like looking at pictures of half naked girls for inspiration.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    me gusta.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    shrug
    i was about to go swimming and i was proud as hell for a change. usually im hating myself and covering up in giant tshirts.

So...if i say I'm offended, you'll let me come try to cover you up, dressed like that??

Hmm...I need to think on this some.
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am a Pastor's wife and have certain standards I live by. That being said, I look @ the pics on here and admire the dedication and hard work that these folks have put into their bodies.

I don't get offended @ a picture of a woman my size and I certainly don't get offended @ someone showing their results. I haven't seen any pics that would offend me or cause me to judge them harshly.

I have very strong Christian beliefs/morals and I have no problem stating them but in this instance I do not agree. I think the pics are beautiful and folks should be proud of all their hard work. I have never worn a bathing suit or anything remotely revealing but I can tell you that when I'm done I sure hope to buy my very first skimpy lingerie for my hubby to see. :)

I say continue please! I need all the encouragement I can get.
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    shrug

This chokes me up. I have covered up for 20 yrs. I can honestly say that when I am down the 100lbs I need to use I will never "cover up" with a big ol 3xl tshirt again. I can't remember ever going swimming without covering up. :(

This topic just saddens me because I come here to get information, inspiriation and advice. Who else can give me advice than those who have fought the fight against weight and won?! I want to see the results!!
  • zooblflot
    zooblflot Posts: 131
    Options
    I just purchased a bikini for the first time in my life, and I am proud when I wear it. I literally worked my butt off for it, so I'll wear it to the goddamn grocery store if I want to. Like it or don't like it - won't hurt my feelings.

The human form is nothing to be ashamed of, especially when it is constantly improving :)

TbNEb.jpg

< likes it!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I am a Pastor's wife and have certain standards I live by. That being said, I look @ the pics on here and admire the dedication and hard work that these folks have put into their bodies.

I don't get offended @ a picture of a woman my size and I certainly don't get offended @ someone showing their results. I haven't seen any pics that would offend me or cause me to judge them harshly.

I have very strong Christian beliefs/morals and I have no problem stating them but in this instance I do not agree. I think the pics are beautiful and folks should be proud of all their hard work. I have never worn a bathing suit or anything remotely revealing but I can tell you that when I'm done I sure hope to buy my very first skimpy lingerie for my hubby to see. :)

Much, much respect for this.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options

A pastors wife here too. I expect there will be a lot of pictures of people wearing bathing suits, sports bras, etc. I personally am not going to be putting one up, but that's me. If the picture is tasteful and highlights the achievements of the person, great! Looking forward to taking some progress pics of my back, I want to see the difference for myself when I get there. :-)

And yeah, the shopping I'll have to do when I'm at my goal size will definitely include lingerie. And a retro style swimsuit. They're just so darn cute!